Lost in QB buzz... No help at WR or TE

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Its very possible they think the problem has always been the QB...

Lie to yourself but Brady, Brees, and Rodgers would have struggled playing with our WR corps from 2017.  The Bills absolutely need to get better at WR, but there are still quality WRs out there ... and likely more to be added.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So they went to the Jets/Browns... who have the most money to spend? Or they went to the teams that had money to spend AND a settled QB situation.

of course, if offers are same or even close, going to better QB. I am always 100% convinced no matter what these guys say, money is always the first consideration, as it should be. Not for guys like Brees or Kyle with long-term associations with one team, but for guys like Robinson and Watkins, I am 100% convinced they went to the highest bidder( both going to unproven QBs btw)

I would take a shot at Troy Niklas, who I was really high on coming out. He dealt with a lot of injury stuff but is a really good blocker and gives use a size dimension O'Leary and Clay don't have. I believe Daboll is going to use tight ends and I foresee four on the roster. 

In terms of receivers, the prices are just stupid and people have spent a lot of money. I think some guys get cut in the coming days.  

I am much more worried about linebacker and offensive line. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

They are really watching the compensatory formula this year imo. Maclin is prime example #1. Bring in WR's who have been released by other teams to fill voids if need be. It's probably the same thought for a lot of positions. 

So here is a thought for WR call the Browns back up and see about the availability of Corey Coleman. they got Gordon and Landry now and he may be on the block. speed guy former 1st rd pick who has battled some freak injuries to his wrist but healthy now. May be available for a low rd pick

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

They are really watching the compensatory formula this year imo. Maclin is prime example #1. Bring in WR's who have been released by other teams to fill voids if need be. It's probably the same thought for a lot of positions. 

It's not looking good right now in that regard.

They signed 5: 

Murphy

McCarron

Lotulelei

Stanford

Bush

and lost 1: Seantrel Henderson.  

They stand to lose Preston Brown,  EJ Gaines, Jordan Mathews, maybe Deonte Thompson. That would make the loses even. 

So assuming we sign nobody else in free agency,  we are banking on people like Brandon Tate, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright, Cedric Thornton, Shamarko Thomas, Colt Anderson, Ramon Humber to sign for contracts bigger than league minimum. 

Right now the Redskins, Vikings, and of course Patriots are leading the way for comp picks. Still early, but that is what low level singings like Bush and Stanford lead to.  

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

20 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Lie to yourself but Brady, Brees, and Rodgers would have struggled playing with our WR corps from 2017.  The Bills absolutely need to get better at WR, but there are still quality WRs out there ... and likely more to be added.

I'm pretty sure if we had 5 Jerry Rice with 2 Kellen Winslow clones as our receiving corps the passing numbers would not have changed that much.  Unless they have the skill to make a defense blow the coverage and create 5 yards from a defender, they weren't getting the ball.

Edited by Woodman19
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Still much to come. Offensive line is the current big weakness that needs addressing.

I think we need to draft a couple of offensive lineman and a LB before WR. I think with a QB on board who is a better passer than our previous guy, our WR's will look a lot better next year. 

I imagine they still have faith in Zay after spending such a high draft pick on him, so they probably feel that they have two good WRs in place already. Certainly they won't head into the year with Rod Streater as the #3 WR, but there's still plenty of options out there both in free agency and the draft.

25 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Bs.       Brady w Clay Shady Zay and KB would kick all sorts of butt 

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

of course, if offers are same or even close, going to better QB. I am always 100% convinced no matter what these guys say, money is always the first consideration, as it should be. Not for guys like Brees or Kyle with long-term associations with one team, but for guys like Robinson and Watkins, I am 100% convinced they went to the highest bidder( both going to unproven QBs btw)

No doubt it’s money but their production and future contracts are tied to who they have at QB and the offensive system.

For WRs coming off their rookie deal, they’ll want to pick a team where they can maximize their money but then think for future contracts as well. Look what coming to Buffalo has do Jordan Matthews... it’ll be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets.

• Like (+1) 1