Not one but TWO free agents chose Buffalo over New England today

Logic

Reports are that both Trent Murphy and AJ McCarron had offers from the New England Patriots, but signed with the Bills instead.

Now you can say what you want about opportunity for snaps, better money perhaps being offered by Buffalo, etc.

But even still, I'll say it again: A quality pass rusher and a quarterback both chose the Bills over the Patriots today. A pretty nice change. Combined with Vontae Davis and Chris Ivory both also choosing Buffalo after visiting with other teams, I feel good about our current front office's ability to sell the vision to players. These are not your same old Buffalo Bills.

Side note: I predict Trent Murphy will be a pretty instant fan favorite. Massive guy, non-stop motor, vocal leader, smart as a whip (went to Stanford)...he'll fit right in. His scouting reports said he'd need a few years to acclimate to the pro game. Well, based on his most recent full season (9 sacks while playing 60% of the defensive snaps), Bills are about to be the beneficiaries of Murphy coming into his own!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Reports are that both Trent Murphy and AJ McCarron had offers from the New England Patriots, but signed with the Bills instead.

Now you can say what you want about opportunity for snaps, better money perhaps being offered by Buffalo, etc.

But even still, I'll say it again: A quality pass rusher and a quarterback both chose the Bills over the Patriots today. A pretty nice change. Combined with Vontae Davis and Chris Ivory both also choosing Buffalo after visiting with other teams, I feel good about our current front office's ability to sell the vision to players. These are not your same old Buffalo Bills.

Side note: I predict Trent Murphy will be a pretty instant fan favorite. Massive guy, non-stop motor, vocal leader, smart as a whip (went to Stanford)...he'll fit right in. His scouting reports said he'd need a few years to acclimate to the pro game. Well, based on his most recent full season (9 sacks while playing 60% of the defensive snaps), Bills are about to be the beneficiaries of Murphy coming into his own!

I have high hopes for Murph. Loved him at Stanford. Plus that tweet is awesome, heh.

• Like (+1) 2

The reason WR Danny Amendola decided to leave NE was he was tired of accepting less than what he was worth while playing on an SB caliber team.  The Patriots lost their starting LT for 15 mill per which is about 2 mill over what others have been making. Tom Brady isn't making anywhere near what some of the top 10 QB's are making to allow the Patriots to sign quality free agents.

Once Brady leaves NE or retires I kinda doubt the next QB will accept as little as Brady has been making. The worm could finally be turning this year!

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He wore 93 at Stanford and for Washington, so I'm assuming the same here. No one has it. 

I think the last good #93 was Pat Williams. 

Well that may be the Jersey I buy next year... too cynical to buy any QB Jersey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

This isn't a big deal. You said it yourself. Money. 

Money is what drives most free agency decisions on destination from the player's sides, in probably 90% of all deals. The exceptions are generally when the offers are very close and there's no big financial difference or for guys who have already brought in tens of millions of bucks and now on their later contracts can afford to look at championships rather than just money.

I think Beane's doing a terrific job. I'm not saying this to slight the Bills in any way. 

But picking the Bills over the Pats would not be any kind of a big deal unless the terms the Pats were offering were better.

Bills Mafia and the exposure the city and team got after breaking the drought, players able to see how passionate this fan base is and if you ball out your God Like in WNY, has made Buffalo a much more desirable location. Guys see the winning culture being built , it's almost a college atmosphere and I think guys want to experience it. Awesome job to all the fans.

• Like (+1) 2

It sounds more like the Pats don't believe Brady will retire. If Brady did retire, I'm not sure McCaron signs with the Bills, seeing as his only competition there would be Hoyer. 

Signing AJ is kind of a meh move to me since he hasn't had much time in the position since coming into the league. But this move does scream the Bills will move up. I just pray Josh Allen isn't the pick