Next up - QB of the defense

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Preston Brown coming back maybe? I know that I like him more than most but he is a pretty good LB. The DL has already improved as well. I’d bring back Brown and draft a guy in the first few rounds (maybe Darius Leonard). 

I’d like to bring Preston back as SLB and draft a MLB

47 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Can the owners meeting get here really fast so the next trade up can happen already???

Maybe maybe not. Tape means more than Combine

Well he is phenomenal on tape and at the combine.

Anyone wanting more information on Vander Esch might enoy reading this. Urlacher isn't a bad comp.

http://www.ktvb.com/article/sports/ncaaf/boise-state-football/nfl-combine-the-buzz-builds-around-leighton-vander-esch/277-525301521

55 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

And who do you foresee this trade up being for? And why is it worth missing out on a Treadmill White or Dion Dawkins? 

No sarcasm, genuinely interested in your opinion,as stated I am not a well informed college guy like many on here

Why do you call him Treadmill that would be a horrible 1st name ?

11 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Why do you call him Treadmill that would be a horrible 1st name ?

Lol .. typo error

But Treadmill could actually work , that WR is running but getting nowhere fast if Treadmill White is trailing him.

Kid stays on that WR hip like very few CBS do and he did so as a #1 cb rookie!.

I tried lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It depends on whether they like more than 1 QB.

This is the entire question I have.  I've said it before no one knows Beane's QB board.

We don't know where they are ranked and where he thinks they will go.

That will drive his decisions and nothing else.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

They are trading up. 

2 year 10M with 5M AVV is a BU QB. 

I agree. Got to get a top talent at QB from this draft, it is what all this moving around the draft board has been all about IMO. Build around the QB but first you need one to start the process.

Mcbackup was signed to a backup contract, let's not forget he couldn't take the job from Dalton. He may start 2018 but I doubt he will finish it as the starter.

I see a trade up to 2 or 3 for a QB and then

IMO we will draft a LB late in the second after a trade up from 3rd.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Right but I don't see any of these guys with Franchise QB written on them.

Mccarron has probably just as much upside. I see 2011 and 12 qbs here. The first rounders we're Locker,Gabbert,Ponder ,RG3,Tannehil,Weeden.

Cam n Luck are the outliers but both were expected to be legit franchise guys. Cousins was a 4th rder in 12

No QB in this class has that franchise QB stamp. 

Why waste draft capital on a huge question mark when we can let a QB fall to us and have the same chance.

SMH, do you watch any college ball?

2011-2012 draft? This QB class is no 2011 or 2012, far from it IMO. 

SMH another poster that thinks franchise worthy QBs fall from the sky, truth is if you want one you have to go get him before some other team does. When you wait for one to fall you will lose out everytime.

Edited by xRUSHx

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

So would every team.  I highly doubt Vander Esch makes it to 2nd

Like every year people talk about how some MLB wont be there and every year MLBs are available all over the 2nd 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Like every year people talk about how some MLB wont be there and every year MLBs are available all over the 2nd 

What does that have to do with Vander Esch?  I am almost positive all teams have a 1st round grade on him. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

What does that have to do with Vander Esch?  I am almost positive all teams have a 1st round grade on him. 

Because that statement is said about a ton of MLB. 

And yet MLB always slip. Why because they are not premium positions. 

21 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree. Got to get a top talent at QB from this draft, it is what all this moving around the draft board has been all about IMO. Build around the QB but first you need one to start the process.

Mcbackup was signed to a backup contract, let's not forget he couldn't take the job from Dalton. He may start 2018 but I doubt he will finish it as the starter.

I see a trade up to 2 or 3 for a QB and then

IMO we will draft a LB late in the second after a trade up from 3rd.

SMH, do you watch any college ball?

2011-2012 draft? This QB class is no 2011 or 2012, far from it IMO.

SMH another poster that thinks franchise worthy QBs fall from the sky, truth is if you want one you have to go get him. When you wait for one to fall you will lose out everytime.

And another poster that thinks franchise qbs equate to consistent winning.

How's that worked for the Bucs and Jameis Winston and his 18-27 playoff less career?

Mariota and his 20-22 record. 

Derek Carr and his 28-34 career record?

You got your Andy Daltons, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, list goes on.

Point is besides Flacco, these qbs never made it anywhere in the playoffs.

We saw Keenum Foles and Bortles have their teams within one game of a Super Bowl. 

The game is changing, great defenses , great overall teams are trumping great qbs, because the golden age of qbs is over 

There are less and less franchise qbs. If you have a guy that fits your scheme,you can easily win with a great overall team until you get a Franchise an.

It's all about W's..

Winston, Mariota ,Carr , all way higher touted than any QB coming out this year, 66 -83 . Zero playoff wins.

Tyrod Taylor, clearly not a better QB, had a better record and the same amount of playoff appearances in his first 3 seasons Winston Carr and Marcus! 

Hard to argue that. Pure Facts 

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

And another poster that thinks franchise qbs equate to consistent winning.

How's that worked for the Bucs and Jameis Winston and his 18-27 playoff less career?

Mariota and his 20-22 record. 

Derek Carr and his 28-34 career record?

You got your Andy Daltons, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, list goes on.

Point is besides Flacco, these qbs never made it anywhere in the playoffs.

We saw Keenum Foles and Bortles have their teams within one game of a Super Bowl. 

The game is changing, great defenses , great overall teams are trumping great qbs, because the golden age of qbs is over 

There are less and less franchise qbs. If you have a guy that fits your scheme,you can easily win with a great overall team until you get a Franchise an.

It's all about W's..

Winston, Mariota ,Carr , all way higher touted than any QB coming out this year, 66 -83 . Zero playoff wins.

Tyrod Taylor, clearly not a better QB, had a better record and the same amount of playoff appearances in his first 3 seasons Winston Carr and Marcus! 

Hard to argue that. Pure Facts 

Pure fact is it is a QB driven league if you can not see that I don't know what to tell you.

After looking at your post do you even know who was the QB that won the SB?

Edited by xRUSHx

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree with this.

We cannot turn back now....and this team is not going to be fully complete this year......

Get the QB

More complete than last year, where we went 9-7 with atrocious QB play.

Rather get Foles for a 2nd and 65 and use two firsts and a 2nd to add top end talent to a 9 win team