I say we will not draft a QB round 1

mead107

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

*  We don't have a proven starter.

*  We have a lot of draft capital.

*  This is a QB rich draft.

*  We traded our starting LT way to move up to #12.

This might be too circumstantial to get a guilty verdict from a jury but I'm convinced: we're grabbing a QB.

It is interesting how people, when viewing the same thing, have different conclusions.  I look at the above and think the opposite.  To me, Beane and McD want to add talent, in bulk.  They have gone on record stating we are "...not as far along as people think....".  Moreover, it is not like QB is the only missing piece.  We have a lack of talent in more than one position and a way to address that, now, is with premier draft picks (6 of the top 100).

The recent maneuvering indicated to me that want to improve via the draft, not sell out on one high risk player.  Fun times!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IndyMark said:

It is interesting how people, when viewing the same thing, have different conclusions.  I look at the above and think the opposite.  To me, Beane and McD want to add talent, in bulk.  They have gone on record stating we are "...not as far along as people think....".  Moreover, it is not like QB is the only missing piece.  We have a lack of talent in more than one position and a way to address that, now, is with premier draft picks (6 of the top 100).

The recent maneuvering indicated to me that want to improve via the draft, not sell out on one high risk player.  Fun times!

As I said, the evidence is circumstantial and wouldn't convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.  So I get there's a dissenting interpretation.  

By why would you trade your starting OT away to move up in the draft if the Bills just want to "add talent, in bulk"?

If that was the plan, we'd keep Glenn.  We lost talent to move up.  For what purpose?  To get some undetermined player at some undetermined position?  

Draft day may prove me wrong but I think Beane's got his eyes on someone - someone who lines up behind the center.  

14 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Stahp.

Glenn had value.

If he was so trash and just being unloaded, why did Cincinnati move BACK 9 spots to get him??

Glenn was used as extra value, in addition to the #21 pick, and the late rnd pick swapping, to allow Buffalo to move up to #12.

You are literally talking out of your ass if you think Glenn was an "unload" and getting moved up from 21 to 12 was just "bonus"

I never said Glenn was trash.  He was in sickbay more than on the field.  Cap space brother.....

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

As I said, the evidence is circumstantial and wouldn't convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt.  So I get there's a dissenting interpretation.  

By why would you trade your starting OT away to move up in the draft if the Bills just want to "add talent, in bulk"?

If that was the plan, we'd keep Glenn.  We lost talent to move up.  For what purpose?  To get some undetermined player at some undetermined position?  

Draft day may prove me wrong but I think Beane's got his eyes on someone - someone who lines up behind the center.  

Cordy Glenn is not the player profile McD or Beane value, ala Sammy Watkins, in my opinion.  In fact, if you describe them without alluding to their literal skill set, they are identical "......lots of potential, gifted, ideal body type, when healthy are productive, yet nagging injuries and attitude / commitment toward enduring a full season are questionable...."

When the Glenn trade was made, my first reaction was "genius", the second was we now have 6 of the top 100 picks....this will infuse talent immediately, both for short-term success and then with a nod to long-term sustained competitiveness.  For me, that simple.

Again, I could be wrong.  Who knows?

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Well, according to Beane - moving from 21 to 12 is the equivalent of a 2nd round grade and that the guys they liked were in the 10-12 range and they believed they were wasting their time looking at certain players since they weren’t falljg to 21.

And that does signal to me a QB, but I also believe he’s telling us the truth about not necessarily trading up - and allowing the Draft to come to them. 

22 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Looks like he equated you to starting a “topic” w/o “fully” splaining yoirself.  

Me, I have no idea if they plan on drafting a QB just to draft a QB. 

There is much to speculate.  

....how could you possibly refer to "speculate" in this, the mecca of certainty?........hell, I'd bet McBeane comes here nightly at 2AM taking copious notes so that he can at least look somewhat intelligent on Draft Day.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....how could you possibly refer to "speculate" in this, the mecca of certainty?........hell, I'd bet McBeane comes here nightly at 2AM taking copious notes so that he can at least look somewhat intelligent on Draft Day.......

How?   Speculation of course.