I say we will not draft a QB round 1

mead107

56 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I think it is possible.  

What is your take? 

I think it is possible because I think the trades that they have made so far are good ones on their own.

1st pick of the 3rd round for Tyrod who was going to be expensive and wasn't doing well enough here to warrant it.

They moved from 21 to 12 by trading a tackle who was also expensive and has been lame for 2 years now.

To me those are good moves if they get a qb or not.

But I think they will get one , if they see one, because they are young and are going to go for it.  Plus Beane might survie if they don't pick for a few years but McDermott will be gone if we stink for  few years because we haven't got a QB. Those two work together so i think Beane will get him his man and they will put McCarron out there to take the beating behind the **** line this year.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

The QB we draft may be a bust so why waste the pick.  Fix the line draft a center 

I am pretty sure you are trolling. No way this is your opinion.

A good QB class, we have the ammo and no clear franchise QB on the roster. The first two together is unlikely to happen for several years. Get one. Now.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 hour ago, T master said:

With the Jets, & Broncos getting their QB's i think one might make it to us at 12 !! But we may not be as apt to spend more draft capital to move up .

Seeing as Defense wins championships & that we have 2 first round picks we may go D with the first & get our QB with the second of the first rounders ...

All on short deals. The Broncos and Jets are definitely still in on the QB sweepstakes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Like many others have said, there's been a plan in place since last season to accumulate picks and be able to go get "our guy" at QB.

Peterman and Mccarron are not the long term answers, now is the time to grab the franchise man

• Like (+1) 1

I know this OP is a troll, but to address a more reasonable-sounding point that some are making:

"With the Jets, & Broncos getting their QB's i think one might make it to us at 12 !"

Please don't forget that other teams can be just as motivated to trade up and nab a potentially elite quarterback - even those without a glaring immediate need at the position.

With a position that important, you simply cannot afford to sit back and wait to see what falls to you.  Identify your guy, and if you evaluate them to possess elite potential, you do what it takes to pull the trigger.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

I think it is possible.  

What is your take? 

I can see it. I doubt we don't, but I can see the FO not giving up all their picks to if the QB(s) they want isn't on the board, anymore. This FO does not seem shortsighted, exempt for former Panther player acquisitions (even then it may be more about culture). And, if they think AJ can produce while wheeling and dealing for players to fill the holes, then they may just be happy with taking a QB next year.

I mean, they will go after only thier guys, who may be gone, IMO. 

Edited by Paulus

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

I can see it. I doubt we don't, but I can see the FO not giving up all their picks to if the QB(s) they want isn't on the board, anymore. This FO does not seem shortsighted, exempt for former Panther player acquisitions (even then it may be more about culture). And, if they think AJ can produce while wheeling and dealing for players to fill the holes, then they may just be happy with taking a QB next year.

I mean, they will go after only thier guys, who may be gone, IMO. 

Next year's QB class is garbage compared to this year's. This is the year to spend to get one and with only Peterman and Mcbackup signed they are only short term fillin so IMO there is no choice but to go all in to move up and address the QB position with one of the 3 top talents from this draft.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mead ,buddy what is going on, you're saying some pretty crazy things??

It’s the off season.  

You do have to think though- what if McCarron is the next tom Brady? Or do they believe that Peterman could be that guy. Just because we take one of the top 3 Qb pick doesn’t mean that they will be the next tom Brady. What if it is the 4 or 5 Qb taken? 

7 hours ago, akm0404 said:

I know this OP is a troll, but to address a more reasonable-sounding point that some are making:

"With the Jets, & Broncos getting their QB's i think one might make it to us at 12 !"

Please don't forget that other teams can be just as motivated to trade up and nab a potentially elite quarterback - even those without a glaring immediate need at the position.

With a position that important, you simply cannot afford to sit back and wait to see what falls to you.  Identify your guy, and if you evaluate them to possess elite potential, you do what it takes to pull the trigger.

A TROLL ??????????????????????????????❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

just trying to ge people to think out of the box. 

Edited by mead107