I say we will not draft a QB round 1

mead107

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Early this year I'd agree, but now that beane is obviously building the defense in FA. I think they are trading up to take a QB

I agree.  The only non-QB I could see after moving up to 12 is Smith if he lasts.  Man would I like to have him.  But it has to be for a QB in reality.

• Like (+1) 1

The only way they don’t draft a guy in the 1st is if they just can’t find a trade partner who wants to make a semi-reasonable deal. There is no way they don’t attempt to move up and grab the guy they want. It’s been their plan since before Beane got here. It’s why they moved down last year.

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I think it is possible.  

What is your take? 

I think it’s possible if no other team will trade with us...but if there is an opportunity, no question in my mind...everything the team has been working for the last year is to get a high pick for a QB

They are focused on a QB.  AJ gives them one or two years to groom him.   This is the deepest QB class with the most quality talent in a long time.  Top of the draft will be loaded with QB selections this year.  Bills will trade up but have to get into the top 3 to land the one they want.  It will be a behind the scenes dog fight. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

And some people thought drafting Thurman Thomas was stupid.

Well great if Thurman Thomas is there in the second let's draft him again What's Your Point?

I'm happy we signed AJ McCarron, I think he's a capable QB but he doesn't have "Franchise" written all over him.

And the place to get the rookie with the best odds of making it is the top two picks in the draft.  Maybe #3.

• Like (+1) 3