Browns signing Hyde a hint to trade #4 to bills?

"if I was the browns I'd have the bills on the phone for that 4th pick" -Reggie Wayne. Browns signing Hyde could mean nothing but that they want roster depth or a rotation. Or one of two other possibilities, they know Barkley won't make it to #4 with the Giants in waiting or they have decided to take thier desired QB at #1 and looking to sell their #4 for a Kings ransom. A ransom the bills are the most capable of paying with all thier picks in the first 2 days of the draft. I think it's pretty obvious the bills are gonna go all in on a QB in the draft, and I think this is the trade at #4 that will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

I still believe we are going to #2.  Gettleman wanted a higher pick than 21 so Beane went and got 12.   I could live with 12, 21 and 2019 #1 for Giants 2 and a 2019 third rounder..

I know folks hate Josh Allen, but I think he is the target.  It scares me because of the accuracy and QB intelligence/pocket feel issue but he is the biggest QB, has played in the wind and cold and fits the culture.  They want a QB eager to learn with raw talent ... I think they value size and arm over any other trait. 

I honestly believe that's the plan.....I would love Josh Rosen....I think he is both accurate and smart--I worry a bit about his fragile head...

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Someone made the point that the Bills didn't scout one game from Allen. That doesn't mean everything but I think it's pretty telling.

Either one of Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold works for me.

Going with a project like Allen is a risky move and trading up to 2 to do it is even riskier. 

I missed that scouting fact, Scott.  Interesting.  Thanks..

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Someone made the point that the Bills didn't scout one game from Allen. That doesn't mean everything but I think it's pretty telling.

Either one of Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold works for me.

Going with a project like Allen is a risky move and trading up to 2 to do it is even riskier. 

9 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I missed that scouting fact, Scott.  Interesting.  Thanks..

Very interesting if true.

Anyone have a link or anything to back this up? 

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

"if I was the browns I'd have the bills on the phone for that 4th pick" -Reggie Wayne. Browns signing Hyde could mean nothing but that they want roster depth or a rotation. Or one of two other possibilities, they know Barkley won't make it to #4 with the Giants in waiting or they have decided to take thier desired QB at #1 and looking to sell their #4 for a Kings ransom. A ransom the bills are the most capable of paying with all thier picks in the first 2 days of the draft. I think it's pretty obvious the bills are gonna go all in on a QB in the draft, and I think this is the trade at #4 that will happen.

I don't think it's obvious they're tossing the store for a QB in round 1.  But watch round 2.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They sent a scout to one of Allen’s games. But Beane didn’t go. 

Thanks. 

Just out of curiosity, Do you know what QBs Beane has went to see himself? 

I know he personally scouted Rudolph. 

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks. 

Just out of curiosity, Do you know what QBs Beane has went to see himself? 

I know he personally scouted Rudolph. 

I know he was at USC UCLA the night before Nate's first start.

http://billsmafia.com/2017/11/04/scouting-scouts-fall-2017-edition/

Bills’ GM Brandon Beane, plus Terrence Gray, Director of College Scouting, plus his sidekick Lake Dawson, Bills’ Assistant GM Joe Schoen, and the Bills’ scouts are performing their due diligence on this year’s draft-eligible crop. The Bills’ Scouts have now visited the games of 36 schools

Scouted 3 times

• USC 2X 3X 1X unconfirmed (QB Sam Darnold #1, ILB Cameron Smith #48, RB Ronald Jones #59, CB Iman Marshall #86, ED Porter Gustin #167, S Chris Hawkins #237, WR Deontay Burnett #259)

Scouted twice

• Memphis 2X : (QB Riley Ferguson #114)
  • Oklahoma St: 2x (QB Mason Rudolph #2, WR James Washington #18, OT Zachary Crabtree #120, S Tre Flowers #207).
  • UCLA 2X: (QB Josh Rosen #4, G Scott Quessenberry #156, ILB Kenny Young #159).
  • Washington State 2X: (QB Luke Falk #63, G Cody O’Connell #155, OT Cole Madison #194).

Scouted once

• Louisville  (QB Lamar Jackson #12, CB Jaire Alexander #13, DL Drew Bailey #89, OT Geron Christian #287).
  • Oklahoma (TE Mark Andrews #40, CB Jordan Thomas #83, ED Ogbonnia Okoronkwo #102, QB Baker Mayfield #18, OT Orlando Brown #196, S Steven Parker #278).
  • Texas Tech: (QB Nic Shimonek #222, WR Keke Coutee #310)
  • Wyoming: (QB Josh Allen #48, S Andrew Wingard #164)
Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

The Browns are gonna take their QB @ #1. The Giants are not moving. They will stay put for Barkley. They know this so they signed Hyde. Our best bet is #3 or #4 for a trade up. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Browns are gonna take their QB @ #1. The Giants are not moving. They will stay put for Barkley. They know this so they signed Hyde. Our best bet is #3 or #4 for a trade up. 

Agreed - I think they have the deal in place with Indy already.  It just will not be done until the draft to make sure in both cases a guy is not there or already gone.

If the Browns do go Barkley at 1 (less likely with Hyde inplace) - I think the Bills have a deal with NYG set also to get their guy.  

In in the end - they will most likely pick 2,3, or 4 depending on who is on the board after each pick.  I think they are getting their guy.

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a hint that they think they can get Barkley at #4 after drafting Darnold at #1.

They have a rising star in change of pace back in Duke and they sign Hyde to 15 million. You think they would rather draft another back instead of getting at least another two 1st round picks from the bills, in a draft where some serious talent will drop in the late round? I mean it's possible it's the browns, but I'd trade the bills.

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Browns need a LT. It might make sense for them to trade back from 4 to 12 and target Williams.

They have no plans to take Barkley.

Giants sound like they are finally coming around to the idea of taking Manning successor.

They may play Chris Hubbard at LT. They may also want to consider McGlinchey at 4. Dorsey took a OT #1 in 2013.

17 hours ago, JoeF said:

I still believe we are going to #2.  Gettleman wanted a higher pick than 21 so Beane went and got 12.   I could live with 12, 21 and 2019 #1 for Giants 2 and a 2019 third rounder..

I know folks hate Josh Allen, but I think he is the target.  It scares me because of the accuracy and QB intelligence/pocket feel issue but he is the biggest QB, has played in the wind and cold and fits the culture.  They want a QB eager to learn with raw talent ... I think they value size and arm over any other trait. 

I honestly believe that's the plan.....I would love Josh Rosen....I think he is both accurate and smart--I worry a bit about his fragile head...

I think it's gonna take another move up to 7 to ease Gettlemen's fears of missing out on a blue chip talent they have targeted. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They may play Chris Hubbard at LT. They may also want to consider McGlinchey at 4. Dorsey took a OT #1 in 2013.

Hubbard himself said he staying on right side.

Browns plan A is probably to somehow work the draft to get their future QB and Bradley Chubb. But if Indy stays at 3, Chubb will be gone at 4.

So I could see them taking Chubb at 1 and taking QB at 4

17 hours ago, JoeF said:

I tend to believe you are correct.  Though I might also see the Bills getting him at the third pick without the need to trade away quite so much.