Bills sign Trent Murphy

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Help me.  Really really struggling with the board.  One poster actually said we beat the Cheatriots out to sign him.

He has been suspended for PEDs.  He is a cheat!!!!!  He is a another bust away from a season long suspension

How is this any different than Lynch?  He is coming off ACL surgery.  He didn't do much in first two years then has a better season and gets popped for PEDs.  

Where is all the love for this signing coming from?  Trying not to see a racial bias here but finding it really hard.  Please explain why Lynch was called all kinds of names on this board and a proven PED cheat gets near universal love.  Lynch was by far the better player and had done much more at the same time in their careers.  Yet Lynch is run out of town but this cheat is welcomed with open arms.  

who the hell is lynch? are you talking about Marshawn Lynch? If so, what does he have to do with Trent Murphy at alllll??

Personally I loved Marshawn. He was notorious for being a douche when out downtown, just doing hood rat things with his friends. He was also a 23 year old kid who came from nothing and never knew how to act. He is a fun loving dude who gave his all on the field, I was sad to see him go but it made sense at the time given our RB situation. I don't recall him being "run out of town" lol (I do recall him running OVER a drunk canadian woman in his porsche though haha). Again, no clue why you are bringing him up.

As far as Murphy, yea he is coming off an injury...its a physical game it happens. I am sure he medically checked out. Not to worry. As far as PED's, it is concerning because if he chooses to continue to use them and gets popped its a big suspension, I am hoping he is smarter than that, but you are right it is concerning. As far as calling him a "cheat", I personally wouldn't. A far larger portion of professional athletes than the general public knows regularly look for an edge using supplements. PED's don't mean the guy is bent over a table with a personal trainer sticking steroids in his a$$. They take things that are borderline banned substances to improve workout performance, sometimes they don't know what they are taking but trust their trainers to know what is on the banned list and which of these substances will get caught or not. Hate it all you want but it's reality. 

Edited by PaattMaann

We're officially calling him "Tormund Giantsbane", right?

Or are we going with a derivative like "Trent Giantsbane", "Tormund Murphy", or perhaps the even cheekier "Trent Bradysbane"?

Or some further derivation thereof?

Help.

Edited by thebandit27

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

who the hell is lynch? are you talking about Marshawn Lynch? If so, what does he have to do with Trent Murphy at alllll??

Personally I loved Marshawn. He was notorious for being a douche when out downtown, just doing hood rat things with his friends. He was also a 23 year old kid who came from nothing and never knew how to act. He is a fun loving dude who gave his all on the field, I was sad to see him go but it made sense at the time given our RB situation. I don't recall him being "run out of town" lol (I do recall him running OVER a drunk canadian woman in his porsche though haha). Again, no clue why you are bringing him up.

As far as Murphy, yea he is coming off an injury...its a physical game it happens. I am sure he medically checked out. Not to worry. As far as PED's, it is concerning because if he chooses to continue to use them and gets popped its a big suspension, I am hoping he is smarter than that, but you are right it is concerning. As far as calling him a "cheat", I personally wouldn't. A far larger portion of professional athletes than the general public knows regularly look for an edge using supplements. PED's don't mean the guy is bent over a table with a personal trainer sticking steroids in his a$$. They take things that are borderline banned substances to improve workout performance, sometimes they don't know what they are taking but trust their trainers to know what is on the banned list and which of these substances will get caught or not. Hate it all you want but it's reality. 

I could be wrong, but I think he was noting the differing reactions for a guy like MD who likes the chronic, and Murphy w/ the PEDs.  It's a fair observation IMO.  

2 minutes ago, stony said:

I could be wrong, but I think he was noting the differing reactions for a guy like MD who likes the chronic, and Murphy w/ the PEDs.  It's a fair observation IMO.  

then why is he talking about lynch? And if he truly was referring to Dareus smoking pot vs. Murphy taking PEDs....well, I got nothing. Both are widely used by professional athletes, and they try not to get caught using them. One smokes pot because they like to feel stoned, one takes PEDs to try to gain a professional advantage? I still don't see any correlation he was trying to make, whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

then why is he talking about lynch? And if he truly was referring to Dareus smoking pot vs. Murphy taking PEDs....well, I got nothing. Both are widely used by professional athletes, and they try not to get caught using them. One smokes pot because they like to feel stoned, one takes PEDs to try to gain a professional advantage? I still don't see any correlation he was trying to make, whatsoever. 

I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Help me.  Really really struggling with the board.  One poster actually said we beat the Cheatriots out to sign him.

He has been suspended for PEDs.  He is a cheat!!!!!  He is a another bust away from a season long suspension

How is this any different than Lynch?  He is coming off ACL surgery.  He didn't do much in first two years then has a better season and gets popped for PEDs.  

Where is all the love for this signing coming from?  Trying not to see a racial bias here but finding it really hard.  Please explain why Lynch was called all kinds of names on this board and a proven PED cheat gets near universal love.  Lynch was by far the better player and had done much more at the same time in their careers.  Yet Lynch is run out of town but this cheat is welcomed with open arms.  

These are fair points, but you realize that HGH use is utterly pervasive in the NFL, right? 

Anyway, here is his story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/05/24/redskins-trent-murphy-working-to-move-on-from-disappointing-suspension/?utm_term=.fa3d876f0405

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He was just training in Columbus. I imagine Terrelle Pryor works out there... just connecting some dots.

Think it's Will Compton. Trent Murphy took Compton on a hunting trip not too long ago. Seem to be good friends. And with Preston's news coming out today I'd be willing Bills took Preston's offer and gave it to Compton

I doubt anyone is going anywhere as a result of this signing.

McDermott and Co. want to be able to rotate people/packages depending on down, distance and field position. We have yet to see the full implementation of that, partly because we had so much $  wrapped up in Dareus, partly because we just didn't have the right dudes, due to trying to build the perfect Rex machine.