Bills sign Trent Murphy

1 minute ago, KW95 said:

Besides the 6 penalties, what else did he do?  Just out of curiosity.

Lots of pressures, decent amount of stuffs. Bills even said a big reason for the Lotulelei signing was that QBs were able to step up in pocket and avoid our pass rush.

Dont act like Jerry sucks. He doesnt. We've all seen him play. Save your crying over a couple of (bad call) penalties for someone else.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Lots of pressures, decent amount of stuffs. Bills even said a big reason for the Lotulelei signing was that QBs were able to step up in pocket and avoid our pass rush.

Dont act like Jerry sucks. He doesnt. We've all seen him play. Save your crying over a couple of (bad call) penalties for someone else.

Well, without the acting:  JERRY SUCKS!  THere ya go my friend.  But I respect your opinion. To each their own. Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm curious about the money, especially with him coming off an injury. Supposing that it's reasonable, I think it bolsters a weaker position.

I'd prefer that we will in the positions you mentioned as well. Assuming we use both of our 1sts to get our QB., at least one of each in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, that doesn't leave a lot of gaping holes. I would use the 4th and 5th rounders to go DT and RB.

Royce Freeman in the 4th or 5th. Guy is a td machine.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Scouting Report: He’s a blue collar player, with a good motor. Murphy is relentless in pursuit. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in effort. He brings his lunch pail to work everyday. He’s a smart player that is the 1st guy in and the last to leave. 

The scouting report that you posted describes him perfectly. He is not a great athlete but he is maximum effort player that when the film is broken down shows that he played well and responsibly. When watching a game he doesn't draw much attention because he lacks the explosiveness and flash. Without question he is the type of people and players the wrestling coach wants on his roster. I'm ecstatic. 

11 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The D-Line is really starting to shape up.

This gives us a nice 3-man rotation with Hughes, Lawson and Murphy. 

I would still like to see us draft another DT to eventually take Kyle's place.

Our Linebacker group still looks terribly ugly.

It's hard to believe that LB hasn't become a bigger priority over the last two offseasons, considering Sean McDermott's history as a Defensive Coordinator.

I expect them to draft a DT, the Kyle clone, in the second.

14 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I watched the hell out of him at Stanford, man he was a terror on QBs. Eff yes. 

You and I saw him at Stanford's Pro Day!

I remember watching how fast he was and I just  thought that there was no way he could be an NFL DE, because he just wasn't big enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The scouting report that you posted describes him perfectly. He is not a great athlete but he is maximum effort player that when the film is broken down shows that he played well and responsibly. When watching a game he doesn't draw much attention because he lacks the explosiveness and flash. Without question he is the type of people and players the wrestling coach wants on his roster. I'm ecstatic. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sounds like Chris Kelsay reincarnated.

I don’t remember ever watching the guy play. I just assumed that scouting report would accurately describe him.