Wait a second...What About Shaq Lawson????

I see that the Bills have signed a guy named Trent Murphy.  based on the big contract they gave him, it means that the former #1 draft pick Shaquille Lawson is probably not going to be playing much DE.  It really makes me wonder why, he was the #1 pick overall and should be starting.  Why was he ever drafted in the first place?  I mean he was a 4-3 DE that was drafted in Rex Ryan’s 3-4, yet he can hardly play in the 4-3?  WTF

So so if we signed Trent Murphy to play DE from Washington then what happens with Shaq?  

Seeing that that he is classified as AFWDP (Another Failed Whaley Draft Pick) I really think the Bills are going to give him away for peanuts.   Like a 6th or 7th round draft pick

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Lawson's solid against the run and now they just picked up a guy who can pass rush.  Rotation rotation rotation.  Also, Shaq Lawson wasn't the number one overall pick.

He was a first round draft pick.  Nice to see the Bills draft players in the first round to be rotational players.  AFWDP

McDermott also rotated guys in Carolina. Greg Hardy, Mario Addison, Charles Johnson, Kony Ealy...need multiple ends

Ther was waaaay too much Yarbourough and Cap Capi at times during the year. Also when you really need a sack you can go Hughes-Kyle-Shaq-Murphy

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I would like to lawson get back to his weight at Clemson.  275 plus.  Put him inside on third downs.

Who could get to the passer first?   Shaq Lawson or Manny Lawson?  We’d be waiting for answer for a really long time

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

McDermott also rotated guys in Carolina. Greg Hardy, Mario Addison, Charles Johnson, Kony Ealy...need multiple ends

Ther was waaaay too much Yarbourough and Cap Capi at times during the year. Also when you really need a sack you can go Hughes-Kyle-Shaq-Murphy

When you really need a sack, Shaq hits the bench.

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If my mind serves me correctly, the Bills front 4 rotated a bunch during the games.

They did. And further iirc the Eagles were being praised for their rotation depth last year. It's a copycat league. I'm thinking we still add/draft 1 more DE as well.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He was a first round draft pick.  Nice to see the Bills draft players in the first round to be rotational players.  AFWDP

Charles Johnson, Kewonn Short and all those carolina boys were on a rotation as well and they played fine.  Kept them fresh. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

I’m gonna say it.... Cap Capi > Shaq Lawson.  Prove me wrong

I have to disagree. I think we haven't seen the best of Shaq. I think playing for Rex and getting hurt didn't help. I expect him to bounce back this year. If not, I'm sure he will be out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1