Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

On 3/17/2018 at 5:37 PM, Limeaid said:

Wrong there. Every year he has played he has thrown 50+ yard passes.  He has the record for longest TD (to TO) not Kelly, not Bledsoe, etc throwing 50 yards from endzone (although yards thrown were longer) to make a 98 yard TD.  Fitzpatrick issue was NOT that he could not throw long, it was he was a gunslinger like Farve but did not make enough great plays to counteract the "oh shuck" plays.

lol one video out of a whole career

On 3/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, billsfan89 said:

I could dig into the archives but I was a regular poster around here during the Fitz years and there were consistent complaints that Fitz didn't get the ball down the field consistently enough. A lot of posters would consistently complain about Fitz throwing a 7 yard slant to Stevie on a 3rd and 10. Fitz threw a lot of bad picks because he was too willing to throw in tight windows and force things when the team was down. 

Fitz was just a regular garbage backup QB who the Bills had starting, he would never ever get a team into the playoffs b.c he would almost purposely throw picks to screw the game up.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, billsfan89 said:

I could dig into the archives but I was a regular poster around here during the Fitz years and there were consistent complaints that Fitz didn't get the ball down the field consistently enough. A lot of posters would consistently complain about Fitz throwing a 7 yard slant to Stevie on a 3rd and 10. Fitz threw a lot of bad picks because he was too willing to throw in tight windows and force things when the team was down. 

There is two Fitz

Good Fitzpatrick and bad Fitzpatrick. Don't know witch one you're going to get. He looks like Brady one game then JP Losman next game.

38 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think that is just the way things are with free agency now. I don't think any of those guys who signed early took visits. I do like that Beane said they watched every single one of his throws. They did their homework on the type of player he is, and set a value. I love this approach. Also, they mostly likely met him in combine interviews years ago. 

It isn't perfect, but I think that's the way of free agency now. 

I highly doubt any player anywhere made a visit during the legal tampering period.   

On 3/17/2018 at 3:02 PM, billsfan89 said:

And then there was this one where the football traveled 53 yards in the air.

the Ftiz can't throw long thing is one of those tell a lie often enough and loud enough and it becomes the truth things.

49 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

lol one video out of a whole career

Fitz was just a regular garbage backup QB who the Bills had starting, he would never ever get a team into the playoffs b.c he would almost purposely throw picks to screw the game up.

Leodis made sure of this LOL.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Leodis-McKelvin-intercepts-Jets-Ryan-Fitzpatrick/da5883f1-b874-4d39-baaa-a8b4625d4c46

I was at that game.  It was sweet.

Edited by reddogblitz

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

And then there was this one where the football traveled 53 yards in the air.

the Ftiz can't throw long thing is one of those tell a lie often enough and loud enough and it becomes the truth things.

Leodis made sure of this LOL.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Leodis-McKelvin-intercepts-Jets-Ryan-Fitzpatrick/da5883f1-b874-4d39-baaa-a8b4625d4c46

I was at that game.  It was sweet.

Fitz was not good... face it.

18 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Fitz was not good... face it.

I didn't say he was good. 

Just that he can throw the long ball as has now been demonstrated with 2 highlights both of which the football travels 50+ yards in the air hitting WR in the hands.

Every time a poster wants to bring Fitz back it makes me ill.  I used to like him, but have moved on.  I still think he's a cool guy, but don't want him on our football team.

Edited by reddogblitz

22 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I didn't say he was good. 

Just that he can throw the long ball as has now been demonstrated with 2 highlights both of which the football travels 50+ yards in the air hitting WR in the hands.

Every time a poster wants to bring Fitz back it makes me ill.  I used to like him, but have moved on.  I still think he's a cool guy, but don't want him on our football team.

Wither or not it is true (Let's be honest 2 highlights is anecdotal evidence I am could find tons of bombs by Tyrod but Tyrod or almost any QB that got a good amount of starts was considered too conservative) is irrelevant. My point was that fans think any bad QB is either too conservative, doesn't get the ball downfield enough or too reckless. Fans are more than likely going to have the same complaints about McCarron. 

Wrong there. Every year he has played he has thrown 50+ yard passes.  He has the record for longest TD (to TO) not Kelly, not Bledsoe, etc throwing 50 yards from endzone (although yards thrown were longer) to make a 98 yard TD.  Fitzpatrick issue was NOT that he could not throw long, it was he was a gunslinger like Farve but did not make enough great plays to counteract the "oh shuck" plays.

Do you remember Bryant Brohm ?

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Says he is #10 on his Twitter. Changing up from the 5, I like it.

I’m officially back to my #10 for @buffalobills man it feels good lol #BillsMafia #LetsGo!!

10 was the number that McCarron wore while playing at the University of Alabama. McCarron won three BCS National Championships while playing for the Crimson Tide, leading the team to back-to-back titles in 2012 and 2013.

New Bills QB AJ McCarron returning to his National Championship winning jersey number

• Like (+1) 1

2018 NFL Free Agency: Here's why these 10 players were the best value signings

AJ McCarron, Buffalo Bills

Remember when the Browns wanted to trade second and third-round picks for McCarron, but didn't file the paperwork in time, and then were going to hand him a ginormous contract in free agency? Well, the Bills got him on a two-year, $10 million deal with only $7.9 million in guarantees. Considering Mike Glennon got nearly that much after being an outright disaster in Chicago last year, this seems like a pretty affordable deal for the Bills' probable bridge starter. Other teams paid far more for bridge QB options ($20M for Sam Bradford, $10M for one year of Josh McCown) or backups with no shot at the starting job (Chase Daniel). McCarron probably isn't the answer, but the Bills didn't pay much for the right to find out.

• Like (+1) 1

He lacked arm strength.    He had to violently contort his body to make the common difficult NFL throws and that created great inconsistency wrt his accuracy.   Not sure how the fact that he could out-throw the average 12 year old regional punt-pass and kick winner for distance continually fools people into thinking he had a strong arm.    It's about how much velocity you can get on a throw while maintaining sound, repeatable body mechanics.   The other throw that confused Bills fans was the deep post to David Nelson.  He made a few of these........but they were much shorter throws than outs to the same yardage marker.    Rex finally exposed Fitz' weak arm to the rest of the league by forcing him to throw deep sideline and Fitz just couldn't do it.    After that everyone started doing it and it got ugly. 

On 3/17/2018 at 6:51 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm pretty sure they signed him without meeting with him. Beane talked a lot about all of the people he talked to before they made AJ the offer. AJ then talked about how cool it was to step off the plane and feeling like it was a college atmosphere. So I'm pretty sure it was the first time he was there. 

I do think there is a good chance the Bills are going to be pleasantly surprised with what they are getting and that may lead to them feeling a bit less pressure to move up in the draft. 

They spent time with him in Mobile during Senior Bowl week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1