Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

Somebody PLEASE get this man a guy to throw to.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Process is one thing, the arm and the talent is another.  There's a reason this guy was drafted in the 5th, and failed to unseat Dalton.

QB in the first please, high as we can get to target our top choice.

Seems a little hypocritical?   Didn’t you spend years going to bat for our last qb who was a 6th rounder ?    Show AJ the same love please 

Maybe this has already been addressed, and if so, sorry, but I didn't feel like going thru 30 pages-

While I'm good with this signing, love the cheap contract, I can't figure out how good  he might be when apparently nobody in the league seemed interested in paying him more than 5-8 million/year. Maybe he was looking for more earlier in the day, and got left standing when the music stopped, but it certainly seems that the gm's around the league don't think much of him.  I know-they can be wrong, but still.  Again, definitely a bargain, great signing for a clipboard holder, just wonder about his actual ability. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it seems league-wide, the other gm's don't seem to think much of him

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Is a real QB coach next?

I've been thinking about this myself. Ken Dorsey is still out there and Rob Chudzinski lost his job in Indy. They haven't fired him yet, but they did replace him. I'm sure they would let him go if an opportunity came about. 

I don't feel great about David Culley's ability to properly develop a quarterback.  

7 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Honestly.

It's bad weather in Buffalo maybe one Sunday in December since 1998, and there's a reasonable chance we're out of town that weekend. Sure we get a day like last year.

But you sure don't change the kinds of players you draft because of one Sunday. 

Bad weather is less of a factor but it is very windy in Buffalo pretty regularly so arm strength is important for that.

This isn’t anything ground breaking but mike garafolo was just on GMFB and stated his sources say the bills aren’t banking on just penciling in AJ week one, didn’t necessarily feel a dire need for a bridge vet, and that they expect whomever they draft to make a case for the Job immediately. 

Healthy competition. I like it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Process is one thing, the arm and the talent is another.  There's a reason this guy was drafted in the 5th, and failed to unseat Dalton.

QB in the first please, high as we can get to target our top choice.

McCarron reminds me of Colt McCoy. A very seviceable backup with a nice college pedigree and modest talent.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This isn’t anything ground breaking but mike garafolo was just on GMFB and stated his sources say the bills aren’t banking on just penciling in AJ week one, didn’t necessarily feel a dire need for a bridge vet, and that they expect whomever they draft to make a case for the Job immediately. 

Healthy competition. I like it. 

Exactly the rookie should start.