Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they were waiting to see who didn't have a chair when the music stopped. If Teddy B was left standing I think the Bills might have gone there and he'd have signed for much less too. 

Great job of not panicking and.... you guessed it... TRUSTING THE PROCESS!!!

I had the same thought.

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

2 years, 10 mil for a young QB with upside. At worst a veteran backup.

Wow. Beane.

Wow.

Magic Beane strikes again man. I want this guy to negotiate my next car purchase.

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

she plays?

She's quite the tight end.

3 minutes ago, Don Beebe said:

Looks like a pocket passer who isn't afraid to throw to a wide receiver. That alone makes him a big upgrade from Tyrod.

Don't get my hopes up! I forgot what it was like to see a guy stand in the pocket and deliver the football.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Is it just me or this dude WAY out of his league?

IMG_20180314_194424.jpg

Dude - if you had his $$$ plus he was serious BMOC at the time they got hitched - you too could venture outa your league.

The reality is she is hawt beyond a doubt but I am sure she is a handful mentally at home.....hopefully she doesn't mess with his head about choosing Buffalo

1 hour ago, mannc said:

This makes me think Allen is a real possibility.

I guess thatd work too.

I thought Darnold, but he COULD go #1 (as I suppose so cld Allen as anything is possible)

I guess as I mentioned before I get worried Rosen and another non mentor type might not be the best atmosphere bc he could start right away...which was the basis of your post.

I guess I find it interesting before the halfway point of last season (one wld think before smoke screens matter) someone reported the Bills LOVED Sam. The Rosen one came out later so I thought 'cool, he is my favorite' but that really could have been smoke. That said, I haven't heard the Bills connected to Mayfield yet so maybe they are all smoke screens! Or maybe....haha

4 minutes ago, mileena said:

Concussion history. Size. Durability. Inability to make long-range throws.

Literally half of your 4 criticisms are completely unfounded. Size? He's 6'4" 226 lbs with 9 7/8" hands. And his intermediate and long game was one of the best in college football.

And the other 2 are intertwined. His durability has been almost entirely related to his concussions. And Headshots to the QB are something that is more protected in the NFL than in college.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Bills are going to have trade assets at QB in two or three years. McCarron is going to be good and calls will be made about Peterman's availability. 

Folks are sleeping on Peterman.

He'll be much improved year two.

SAVIORPETERMAN LIVES - he lives I tell ya!!!!

9 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Great deal - shows competency at the highest level; also seems to indicate, as others have said, that the targeted QB is someone who will need a year or two to reach NFL ready - so Darnold or Allen...? 

More likely Allen or Jackson. With Jackson you can use him in the offense in creative packages (QB/WR/RB) during his developmental season.

A Closer Look at QB AJ McCarron | Cover 1

The Alabama product has been Andy Dalton’s backup the last few years, but he was well liked by people within the organization and outside of it. However, being liked doesn’t equate to starting caliber talent. Typically, backup QBs are well liked among franchises because of the type of character those kinds of players must possess.

I say this because once I turn on the film, I do not see starting material, and the rumors are that McCarron is going to command a Mike Glennon type contract, which was a three year deal worth up to 45 million dollars. But the deal actually boiled down to 1 year 16 million, so very similar to what the Bills were going to pay Tyrod Taylor.