Bills sign QB AJ McCarron

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Just a reminder that the Jets are paying $25 million for one year of McCown and Bridgewater. Beane is a genius.

Just a reminder that Bridgewater started for 2 years and McCown played well for the Jets last year.

McCarron has potential, and 4 starts back in 2015.  Actual performance ought to pay better than potential

(I realize what with Osweilier in Houston, Daniel in Philly, Glennon in Chicago etc it doesn't always fall out that way)

• Like (+1) 2

Checker vs chess.  The Jets signing Mccown and Bridgewater after missing out on Cousins checkers.  Waiting for the market to shrink and getting a guy 50 cents on the dollar compared to like deals is chess.  Still can fill needs of the team through FA still have a crest of picks to get your guys in the draft chess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Funny on multiple accounts.

1) Good work Beane or bad work media? Beane getting credit for AJ not being worth as much as media seemed to think he would. Or Beane has special powers that convinced to walk away from millions to be in Buffalo. I think he was hyped up and reality is teams did not want to pay for a guy with just a handful of mediocre starts.

2) Calling Deal Cheap - if he is the starter and good its awesome deal. If he is a backup and never plays or back up that is no better than Joe Blow why even spend $10M on him. But I get that we needed someone as the backup cause everyone knows its not Peterman. 

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

Great deal - shows competency at the highest level; also seems to indicate, as others have said, that the targeted QB is someone who will need a year or two to reach NFL ready - so Darnold or Allen...? 

Allen or Jackson

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's had a few years on the bench after plummeting to the 5th round for the arrogance to settle out of him.

Exactly - why people think he was getting $20M is odd...

Comparing his deal to Bradford and even Glennon makes no sense. Not only were they drafted higher but have actually been a starter in this league. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they were waiting to see who didn't have a chair when the music stopped. If Teddy B was left standing I think the Bills might have gone there and he'd have signed for much less too. 

Great job of not panicking and.... you guessed it... TRUSTING THE PROCESS!!!

Easy position to take when you are confident that your long term plan is coming from the draft. Even if McCarron went they could've taken Anderson or Moore. Clear direction!

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Holy moly.    Was he wearing a sandwich board that said "will work for food"??

Nice score by Beane.  Cheapest backup the AFC?

Well, after pretty much every other halfway decent QB was signed, he didn't have many options.  Good job by Beane waiting it out.

And IDK about cheapest backup, but definitely cheapest starter (for now).

• Like (+1) 1