Linebacker

McDermott's defense is very much reliant on good LBs.

Is anyone else extremely worried right now that our LB situation is currently:

Alexander, Lorenzo

Lacey, Deon

Milano, Matt

Stanford, Julian

Vallejo, Tanner

At the end of this year, Alexander was talking about bulking up and playing more DE.  I have very little faith in Vallejo (Wasn't a fan of him in college and was hurt a lot in rookie year.  Feel like he is too small).

With all the talk about giving up all these picks to move up, we need to get a move on.

It is one of the few areas this draft is deep. I would have liked one solid vet pick up though. LoRax was the weakest starting player on our D. He is a liability in coverage. So really I have Milano pencilled in as a starter and then two question marks. 

2 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Gotta be our 2nd pick after QB.  Just has to be.  Was our weakest unit IMO last year.

Yes this.  Franchise QB and impact LB are not readily available in FA.  Trade into top 5 for a Qb,  I could see Buffalo getting a sideline to sideline mike in the second.

Of course, but the good news is, this is one of the best 43 linebacker drafts.  Buffalo could get Vander Esch at 22, come back in the 3rd and get another will backer that could start by mid season.

or personal favorite idea, trade a 4th Hendricks and still draft Vander Esch at 22

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

McDermott's defense is very much reliant on good LBs.

Is anyone else extremely worried right now that our LB situation is currently:

Alexander, Lorenzo

Lacey, Deon

Milano, Matt

Stanford, Julian

Vallejo, Tanner

At the end of this year, Alexander was talking about bulking up and playing more DE.  I have very little faith in Vallejo (Wasn't a fan of him in college and was hurt a lot in rookie year.  Feel like he is too small).

With all the talk about giving up all these picks to move up, we need to get a move on.

Don't mean this in a mean way, but I'd suggest you take the advice of your screenname :) . While the initial frenzy may be done, there's still almost all of the free agency period left to go and many, many LB left, and as time goes by, the prices will go down. Go to any free agency tracker and look at the names. Somehow, I doubt Tanner Vallejo will be starting middle linebacker in Game 1.

I’m extremely worried about it due too ya only having 1 sold LB, but I am confidant that they have a plan and will follow through with it.  I’m eager to see who’s gonna be smacking people up in a 50 something uniform 

3 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Don't mean this in a mean way, but I'd suggest you take the advice of your screenname :) . While the initial frenzy may be done, there's still almost all of the free agency period left to go and many, many LB left, and as time goes by, the prices will go down. Go to any free agency tracker and look at the names. Somehow, I doubt Tanner Vallejo will be starting middle linebacker in Game 1.

The top guys go fast, and unfortunately, we aren't just looking for depth guys.  You could honestly say we are looking for three starting guys (Milano you can pencil in, but he was a rookie 5th round pick last year).

Guys like Williamson, Bradham, Hitchens, Coyle, and Davis are gone.  There are probably 4 starters left out there (Whitehead, Bowman, Zach Brown and Preston Brown).

5 minutes ago, TPS said:

I can see them bringing Preston Brown back at a reasonable salary.

I bet they would like to bring him back at a reasonable salary and move him to strong side. ...?
 But. Bills do NEED to address the LBs overall.

I cant watch Humber miss assignments again.

Did Eagles get a deal with Kendricks?

Draft the future and draft again for LB depth.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It is one of the few areas this draft is deep. I would have liked one solid vet pick up though. LoRax was the weakest starting player on our D. He is a liability in coverage. So really I have Milano pencilled in as a starter and then two question marks. 

He was, however, our very BEST player on defense in the playoff game. The guy flashed repeatedly. 

17 minutes ago, TPS said:

I can see them bringing Preston Brown back at a reasonable salary.

IMO, this would be a last resort and I don't think he lasts long enough to be a last resort.  I just don't think he's the type of athlete they want at LB.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Yes this.  Franchise QB and impact LB are not readily available in FA.  Trade into top 5 for a Qb,  I could see Buffalo getting a sideline to sideline mike in the second.

i would love to move for Roquon in the first as well. if we came away with our qb and him only in the draft.  im good