Contingency Plan

1 minute ago, Ray Finkel said:

That crossed my mind.  They may want to move up a few spots and try to get Roquan Smith.  They brought Star in to make it easier for the middle linebacker.  As of now we don't have a quality MLB.

My point exactly

6 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I agree. But strange things happen during the draft.  I know what the "apparent" plan is, but I gotta believe they are comfortable AND prepared for business outside their control

They have already crossed those hurdles though. They may end up paying an absurd amount (maybe not) but they are willing to offer enough to get it done. There isn’t anything that will prevent it from happening. Last resort would be to swing a deal for Foles. 

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Im not a fan. But are THEY? This is not a QB thread folks.

Its a question of preparedness. Ate they? Or aren't they? Eggs in one basket,  or not lol

I'm not trying to be a jerk I just shut down when I see Rudolph being listed as a first round possibility. There contingency is probably Nate Peterman honestly. I think they know they can get into the top three otherwise the would not leave things the way they are. 

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I'm just a little sick of all the guesses based on guesses based on guesses. People just need to accept that we don't know what is going to happen.

The off-season is so long...

I guess Im not guessing.  Im asking. Do you folks think there is a contingency plan or not? If so, what would it look like to you?

I think one of the big questions now is whether the Browns are taking a QB (and not taking Barkley) after signing Hyde as a free agent.  If the answer is yes, I wonder how this impacts the thinking of the Bills FO, particularly if they were most interested in Darnold.   It must be that the Bills like more than one of the QBs coming out or they would not be moving up in this way (unless they are somehow sure that their guy will be there).

Edited by jahnyc

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk I just shut down when I see Rudolph being listed as a first round possibility. There contingency is probably Nate Peterman honestly. I think they know they can get into the top three otherwise the would not leave things the way they are. 

Well, thats a gross notion. If that happened, Rex Ryan would horse laugh McBeane and they would be a shorter tenured FO than his lol

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I'm just a little sick of all the guesses based on guesses based on guesses. People just need to accept that we don't know what is going to happen.

The off-season is so long...

may I suggest taking a break then. long yes, the most anticipated in decades making it a unique off season and dare I say, kind of exciting.

but may not be the case seen through others eyes, hence the suggestion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

may I suggest taking a break then. long yes, the most anticipated in decades making it a unique off season and dare I say, kind of exciting.

No thanks. I think I'll survive. Thanks for caring, though.

I'm super excited by the off season and what the Bills are doing. But all of the people trying to guess things and pat themselves on the back when 1/50 of their guesses come true is the annoying part. And people saying things like "Player X is 100% a bust! I'll never watch another game if the Bills draft him!"

Nobody knows a darn thing. Period.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I absolutely think this is the most exciting offseason in For Ever. Trades fall through. Shite happens. Just wondered if there was a decent backup plan just in case

1 minute ago, MJS said:

No thanks. I think I'll survive. Thanks for caring, though.

I'm super excited by the off season and what the Bills are doing. But all of the people trying to guess things and pat themselves on the back when 1/50 of their guesses come true is the annoying part. And people saying things like "Player X is 100% a bust! I'll never watch another game if the Bills draft him!"

Nobody knows a darn thing. Period.

Lmao. Yikes! Nobody is Guessing a Damn thing! I asked, do you think there is a backup plan if **** happens, and if so, do you think they/we would be comfortable with our next move? Its really simple. 

I repeat, THIS IS NOT A QB THREAD!

• Like (+1) 1

So may teams snapping up wannabe franchise QBs its crazy, heck even Glennon found a home. 

I gotta wonder if the same thing is gonna happen for the draft with Cleveland and the Giants both taking a QB and some other team gets that 3rd pick.

Edited by Nihilarian

13 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Browns, Giants, Broncos and Jets are all possibilities to take a QB. Regardless of Buffalo's play.

After the Solder signing I believe they are all-in on the Eli plan for next few years.

But, yes you're right they still could.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Buffalo moves up to 12 (presumably for a QB). If it fails, then whats the plan?

Personally, I think that LB at 12 and the leftovers from the QB run at 22 is their plan. Tremaine Edmunds at 12. Rudolph or Jackson at 22. I tend to think there HAS to be a contingency. And with needs in other places, it makes sense to me that they would feel ok if the draft shakes out this way. 

Any thoughts on it fellas?

With no vet QB signed, it would seem waiting for QB scraps at 22 is unlikely to be the plan. That's what they'd do if they had say, signed a Keenum or traded for Foles. It looks like a rook plays much sooner than later, so that would probably mean a move up to at least 5. 

They may have to move to 2 to get Darnold or Rosen. Even if they do, say they want Darnold, and Cleveland takes him. What then? Taking a 2nd choice can be disastrous (see Losman, JP). They pretty much have to know what the teams ahead of them will be doing.

Nothing is guaranteed (they also need a partner to get up that high).

Edited by par73