Rookie Franchise QB

wppete

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Honestly Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson are the only guys on that list who are successes. The rest I would consider journeymen. I mean I don't want Brian Hoyer with a top Five pick. 

The point is to say "short" QBS can play football, and ceilings are not entirely limited by their height, those are all Qbs who have started extended time in the NFL and no one is pointing to their height and saying thats the reason they didn't make it. Three maybe four(dak) of them are franchise QBs. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I don't buy a deal was locked up at the combine, unless Gettleman told Beane "you need to move up into the early teens and we've got a deal".

The thing that angers me about not signing a vet FA option is it tanks leverage.  It's one thing if we were to sign a Bridgewater / McCarron / Bradford etc and still shop to move up in the draft.  Then we could semi-credibly tell teams "we aren't going to be destroyed on a trade, worst case we'll start this guy and take all the depth from our draft picks."  It's something else when our options are Nathan Peterman and whoever might be available at 12 in the draft.  I really want to hope we've got a deal in place for something, because watching any credible option sign elsewhere under the assumption we have enough ammo to move up without an agreement in place leaves us very open to be called on a bluff.

Boom, AJ