Bills Announce Six Transactions - 4 UFAs and 2 Trades

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Why haven't we heard any of this prior to 4:00 PM today? :unsure:

No leaks coming from OBD these days.

They got to Don's "source" so there is no more "we" with insider info :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Didn't hear about Julian Stanford. Anything on that guy? 

As has been said, Julian Stanford is a much traveled journeyman in the NFL having come from a small college.  He's undersized for a linebacker, but that doesn't seem to matter a whole lot to McDermott.  He has been a special teams captain, which suggests he's been a standout there.  the other thing that is noteworthy is his athleticism.  At his pro day he ran a 4.51 40 and had a 6.59 3 cone drill.  He also has a 42 inch vertical to his credit, and though undersized benched 27 reps.  It  is likely that athleticism was a major drawing card for Beane.  He probably figures he got at least a great special teamer and that Stanford may have some untapped upside as an outside linebacker.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

As has been said, Julian Stanford is a much traveled journeyman in the NFL having come from a small college.  He's undersized for a linebacker, but that doesn't seem to matter a whole lot to McDermott.  He has been a special teams captain, which suggests he's been a standout there.  the other thing that is noteworthy is his athleticism.  At his pro day he ran a 4.51 40 and had a 6.59 3 cone drill.  He also has a 42 inch vertical to his credit, and though undersized benched 27 reps.  It  is likely that athleticism was a major drawing card for Beane.  He probably figures he got at least a great special teamer and that Stanford may have some untapped upside as an outside linebacker.

I just dont like the contract. Seems like a vet minimum type guy. Maybe a backup at Will to Milano?

LOL @ people legitimately being upset about the contract of a ST linebacker who gets $550,000 guaranteed!

Also, Ramon Humber and Lorenzo Alexander are two recent "journeyman special teams guys" who managed to do alright in Buffalo. Let's see how things go.

• Like (+1) 2

No numbers on Star, but where in the world are they getting this money from? For not gonna be "big players" in FA, sure seems like Star for 5 years, coupled with Trent Murphy's 3 year deal, is being more active than I imagined. Not to mention Ivory and Davis. And all of this on Day 1(officially). Room for more, cheaper depth guys? Either way, Im loving it. 

I really like what Davis and Murphy can bring to the team. As well as Star. Good job McBeane!

And yes, I know we saved a bit with Cordy n Tyrod leaving, but still, they are spending more than I thought

Edited by BuffAlone

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

No numbers on Star, but where in the world are they getting this money from? For not gonna be "big players" in FA, sure seems like Star for 5 years, coupled with Trent Murphy's 3 year deal, is being more active than I imagined. Not to mention Ivory and Davis. And all of this on Day 1(officially). Room for more, cheaper depth guys? Either way, Im loving it. 

I really like what Davis and Murphy can bring to the team. As well as Star. Good job McBeane!

And yes, I know we saved a bit with Cordy n Tyrod leaving, but still, they are spending more than I thought

Don't believe anything anyone says prior to FA or the draft.