Sal says UFA QB's was not the Bills plan

1 hour ago, GG said:

And if there's no trade for a vet, then it's a reckless strategy regardless of what they do in the draft.  You don't go into the season with Peterman, draft pick and a Matt Moore.

I would rather start the rookie  the Bills draft than half the scrubs and walking wounded who got big money this week

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

But the DL guys didn't mind?

:lol:

Brutal take

They are not as smart ;) 

Teams are desperate for QBs and today's big signings will be tomorrow's big cap crisis.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

IMO, I think this might be the possible order of the Bills thinking...

Plan A: Rosen (moving up)

Plan B: Jackson (staying put)

Plan C: Foles (all 1st rd QBs gone, couldn't get a trade done situation)

I think Darnold is going #1, Allen is too much of a project and Mayfield is possibly off their board because his amped up, in your face, personality is too much.

Agreed: 

59 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Why is it reckless? The worst that happens if the rookie sucks, Peterman comes in and throws a slew of interceptions, and/or we have to suffer watching Moore - is that they go 0-16 and we get the #1 draft pick at next years draft... Works for me...

Some of yall just can't get enough of losing I guess.

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

Why is it reckless? The worst that happens if the rookie sucks, Peterman comes in and throws a slew of interceptions, and/or we have to suffer watching Moore - is that they go 0-16 and we get the #1 draft pick at next years draft... Works for me...

Hey, the team traded away to Cleveland the best QB this franchise has had since Kelly, Bledsoe. So perhaps the plan is to be the next Cleveland by making all the wrong choices ON QB's in the draft.

Seriously, there must be a plan for Foles or Andrew Luck or something because I just don't see Buffalo going into training camp with just Peterman or some other scrub QB like Moore. Even if they draft one of the top three QB's the only one I'd start from day one is Mayfield. Sorry, I just don't care for polished turds in Darnold, Rosen. 

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Has to be a trade for Foles.

Yeah, ok, they are desperately trying to get to the top of the draft just to trade their top pick for a guy who will take up the entire rest of their cap and has had one great game to his name in his career and was just about out of the league just one year ago, l thank god most of you aren't running things.

54 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

IMO, I think this might be the possible order of the Bills thinking...

Plan A: Rosen (moving up)

Plan B: Jackson (staying put)

Plan C: Foles (all 1st rd QBs gone, couldn't get a trade done situation)

I think Darnold is going #1, Allen is too much of a project and Mayfield is possibly off their board because his amped up, in your face, personality is too much.

You think its their plan or its yours????? Mayfield's personality is what we finally need on this team, his "issues" are way, way, way overblown. The kid had one incident which was basically a fight.

...the "legal" non-tampering and eventual 4PM FA start has passed and the feeding frenzy is dying down...."cat 'n mouse game is on......Bflo was hinting about releasing Cassell back in 2015 and his agent put a proposal on the table which Whaley balked at......he was then released.......within three days, his agent caved to get his client a job and he re-signed with Bflo.....I'd bet agents are working the phones right now with known teams possibly looking for a bridge vet if their guy was nt in the "first wave"......McBeane is in the catbird seat letting those calls go to voice mail momentarily.......my unsubstantiated GUESS is that he has terms and dollars in mind.............

12 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Hey, the team traded away to Cleveland the best QB this franchise has had since Kelly, Bledsoe. So perhaps the plan is to be the next Cleveland by making all the wrong choices ON QB's in the draft.

Seriously, there must be a plan for Foles or Andrew Luck or something because I just don't see Buffalo going into training camp with just Peterman or some other scrub QB like Moore. Even if they draft one of the top three QB's the only one I'd start from day one is Mayfield. Sorry, I just don't care for polished turds in Darnold, Rosen. 

I like Mayfield too. But if McBean thinks Darnold or Rosen is the better choice I will support that choice all the way. TT was simply not good enough and I fully support the trade of TT to Clev.

The fact that McBean made that deal and hasn't signed any FA QB's tells me that he almost certainly knows that he can get a deal done for a top 3 QB... It wouldn't surprise me if He already has a contingency plan with Clev for #4 should the need arise. (I don't think that it will though) I believe that Clev will draft their QB at #1. I also believe that the Bills will trade for either #2 or #3... Just Chill and BILLIEVE!

26 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Agreed: 

Wow that tweet he replied to was quite interesting -

Wouldn't you think he'd want to gather as much information as he possonly could on every 1 of these QB if they're really drafting a guy at 1? 

Unless they're really just that sold on Darnold. 

I mean, they could still have them both in for private workouts.

But why not go to their pro days anyway?  

Do you know, Did anyone One from the Browns attend? Their asst GM maybe? 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

This is exactly what I was saying.  They were targeting a lower end FA QB the entire time

That's fine.  But they better have a deal in place to get a legitimate option in the draft, because Peterman / a Matt Moore level FA / unwarranted confidence on the ability to move up is pretty awful roster management.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's fine.  But they better have a deal in place to get a legitimate option in the draft, because Peterman / a Matt Moore level FA / unwarranted confidence on the ability to move up is pretty awful roster management.

Do you honestly think they're that dumb, based off what they've done the last year?

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Do you honestly think they're that dumb, based off what they've done the last year?

I would like to hope not, but 2 decades of being completely underwhelmed by the decision making at OBD, especially when it comes to QB, has left me with a completely earned healthy level of skepticism.  

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I would like to hope not, but 2 decades of being completely underwhelmed by the decision making at OBD, especially when it comes to QB, has left me with a completely earned healthy level of skepticism.  

You and others need to quit lumping different regimes in with this one.  It seems pretty clear they are positioning to get a top QB pick this year.

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You and others need to quit lumping different regimes in with this one.  It seems pretty clear they are positioning to get a top QB pick this year.

And I hope they've got it in place because they've left their baskside wide open.