Sal says UFA QB's was not the Bills plan

Just now, Doc said:

More on point...about what the Bills will do in FA and the draft?  OK, how much of last year's draft did he predict?  How about this year's FA period?

Two months ago, he predicted in a WGR article the Bills would have to make two trades to get into the top five of the draft to acquire their potential franchise QB.  That prediction is looking pretty damned good right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sal has never floated anything fake.  Tim and the other guys either (aside from some misinterpretations or hair-trigger reactions).  Yet less-than-5-percent-right guys have statues in some of your homes.  I just find humor in the parody.  But what do I know, right?   

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Well it would seem as if it had the desired effect. 

That's the problem..........Sal used to be a "just the facts" guy and that's what earned him his cred.     He got a lot more opinionated this year........died on Peterman hill........petulantly dumped on TT on his way out.........and now is dabbling as an info dropper and AT BEST as JMG said he is "being a shill for one Bills Drive smoke".    

If he wants to be that guy..........cool........but don't pretend to be Wawrow on the radio and then start pulling Jerry Sullivan's.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's the problem..........Sal used to be a "just the facts" guy and that's what earned him his cred.     He got a lot more opinionated this year........died on Peterman hill........petulantly dumped on TT on his way out.........and now is dabbling as an info dropper and AT BEST as JMG said he is "being a shill for one Bills Drive smoke".    

If he wants to be that guy..........cool........but don't pretend to be Wawrow on the radio and then start pulling Jerry Sullivan's.

?

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Fair points. I think he's doing whatever he can to raise his profile on TV, radio, and every social media platform. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Two months ago, he predicted in a WGR article the Bills would have to make two trades to get into the top five of the draft to acquire their potential franchise QB.  That prediction is looking pretty damned good right now. 

That's not inside info.  He was talking about how the Bills could trade picks to move up.  And the talk all along has been about them using their wealth of high draft picks to move up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That's not inside info.  He was talking about how the Bills could trade picks to move up.  And the talk all along has been about them using their wealth of high draft picks to move up.

He doesn't claim to have inside information.  But, I'd be surprised if he doesn't know some things that he just keeps to himself. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fair points. I think he's doing whatever he can to raise his profile on TV, radio, and every social media platform. 

Yep........and that's smart for him to do what sells........in time his previously established cred as an objective X and O guy will fade away if he wants to play the game that way.....but I found him to be a very divisive figure for the fanbase this year.  

A lotta' haters were emboldened by his REAL SHAKY TT takes and he then handled finding out that TT had value around the league in a rather classless fashion.:lol:

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not at all.  Just stating that they likely were pursuing players but couldn't sign them whether they weren't gonna be able to pay them or another team got them locked in first.  Point is I doubt they pulled a Nix and fell asleep at the wheel.

IMHO that's just what they did is pull a Nix. Nix got FAs, but not the high-level expensive guys, or at least not till his third year did he go after one. Nix was a financial conservative. So is this regime.

These days you can unofficially sign guys early and you couldn't in Nix's day, but these guys are signing just the kind of guys that Nix did, and Nix built a really good roster ... minus the QB and the coach. Remember the last time anyone thought we had depth? It was during the Nix regime.

I think they would've liked to get some of those QBs but knew they'd be too expensive and would destroy the cap. And I think Cousins is the only good risk-reward shot in the group. I would love to have gotten Keenum or Bridgewater, but I figured it would just be too expensive. My guess is that's what the Bills thought too. They probably did due diligence but heard that their guesses on trade price and signing price had been pretty reasonable.

They figure McCarron is unproven, but that that made him an affordable bridge. That was the first improvement on Tyrod and the second is that McCarron fulfills their one requirement, that it has to be a guy who can play from the pocket. There's a higher chance that McCarron becomes a good QB who can play from the pocket than there was that Tyrod could become the same thing. An upgrade and a savings. Though he could easily turn out to be an unproductive guy, he fits the offense and could at least be a good mentor for a couple of years if he doesn't play well.

• Like (+1) 1

Sal became well-known out of nowhere exactly because he had sources inside the Bills organization. He posted scoop after scoop after scoop.

Regimes have changed since then, but we still don't know if his source was someone close to the GM or just someone in the building somewhere who overheard things.

In any case, he's pretty good. He's measured and pretty careful. Not a huge fan, but he's alright.