Sal says UFA QB's was not the Bills plan

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Translation: We didn't sign any of the guys we were pursuing so we are going to say we weren't pursuing any of them to not look inept.

It surprises you that the Bills might not have been final players in the Cousins and Keenum sweepstakes, once their asking price became clear at the Combine, or interested in Sam Bradford at $15M guaranteed/$20M for 1 year?

Also, I would personally have liked Cousins even at the price he got, but if I'm Cousins I'm only gonna give a serious look at a bona fide championship team with great WR and a stout OL.

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There was no report of the Bills offering to anyone. 

Just because they didn't make any offers doesn't mean they were talking to agents about the players.  They very well could have been pursuing players but other deals were already getting ironed out.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It surprises you that the Bills might not have been final players in the Cousins and Keenum sweepstakes, once their asking price became clear at the Combine, or interested in Sam Bradford at $15M guaranteed/$20M for 1 year?

Also, I would personally have liked Cousins even at the price he got, but if I'm Cousins I'm only gonna give a serious look at a bona fide championship team with great WR and a stout OL.

Not at all.  Just stating that they likely were pursuing players but couldn't sign them whether they weren't gonna be able to pay them or another team got them locked in first.  Point is I doubt they pulled a Nix and fell asleep at the wheel.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not at all.  Just stating they they likely were pursuing players but couldn't sign them whether they weren't gonna be able to pay them or another team got them locked in first.  Point is I doubt they pulled a Nix and fell asleep at the wheel.

The Bills did their due diligence and surely extended feelers to every FA QB on the market.

Like anything else, the answer probably lies more in the middle.  They may have not been in our plans at their asking prices or we might not have been in their plans as a locale.  Probably both.