Don’t shoot the messenger, I just got a tip for 4:00 today.

6 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I wouldn't mind Foles and then drafting Lamar Jackson at #22. The OC could get very creative in using Jackson while having him develop under Foles.

I likes this option as well.  I would prefer to move up into the top five, but Foles is a known entity.

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Why would we trade away a 1st for a QB who will be here for at best 2-3 seasons

I think people have to get away from the notion that all these guys would be bridge QBs only.   

Foles is only 28 and he's had some real success.   He's also had some time when he's been pretty ugly.    But the success has been more than an accident.   He has some talent.  

It takes time to learn to play QB in the NFL, and Foles, like Cousins, could be just now coming into his own.    Three years from now, Brady, Ben, Brees, Rivers will all be gone.   Who will be the five best QBs in the league?   It's not so obvious, because there isn't anyone who compares with them.   Foles actually could be one of them.   

Getting a guy like Foles is the safe play.   He can be good enough to carry you for a couple of years, and he also might turn into your long term starter.  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They can easily move up from 12. 

Easily, huh?  I guess Beane should've hired you as his assistant.

You have to find a trade partner and be willing to pay their asking price.  That's not easy.

• Like (+1) 1

I just can't see the Bills going for Foles...  

If we add Foles and he plays well, the Bills would have to offer a Cousins type contract based on a very small sample size by the time he hits free agency... Basically it would set ourselves up for a Fitzpatrick type mistake along with significant draft capital loss...

I have to think the draft picks are going to be converted to a top-5 pick and rookie qb.

Just now, joesixpack said:

of COURSE you would.

:lol:

We DO have to have a starter next year.  Everyone is enamored with the idea that we're going to trade up and get the golden ticket and pick Josh Frozen Rope Rosen or whoever.

Fine.  But what if we can't trade up?  Price is too high, or we get close and then Clowns take Rosen and Giants take Mayfield and the Colts take Darnold.  Could happen.  Or what if we get Frozen Rope and he gets injured in training camp?

I'd just like to have a QB on the roster that can play at a decent level so we can improve on last years results.  (Without Hotrod how could we not? :))  The fact that he's a Super Bowl MVP and highest rated QB in the playoffs doesn't hurt either.

Go BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

If we add Foles and he plays well, the Bills would have to offer a Cousins type contract based on a very small sample size by the time he hits free agency... Basically it would set ourselves up for a Fitzpatrick type mistake along with significant draft capital loss...

I have to think the draft picks are going to be converted to a top-5 pick and rookie qb.

Have to?

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Foles actually makes a ton of sense. He'd be cheap for the year while they evaluate him. If he plays well then you give him a huge deal. If he doesn't, you let him walk. 

• Like (+1) 1