Lions Release TE Eric Ebron - Signed by the Colts

All the physical talent in the world. Matched only by his complete lack of football character. Some team is going to fall in love with his athleticism and take a chance, again, but I doubt he grows up enough to make the sacrifices necessary to be a pro. 

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

He hit a rough patch and the fans turned on him...I so wish we had the money for a offer...our new OC loves te's.

He's the antithesis of "the process." 

Pretty surprising - I thought he actually had half-decent numbers for once last year?  Maybe that was 2016.  Anyway, this is one of the few draft busts I've ever called, so obviously I am a profound football knower.  

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

All the physical talent in the world. Matched only by his complete lack of football character. Some team is going to fall in love with his athleticism and take a chance, again, but I doubt he grows up enough to make the sacrifices necessary to be a pro. 

?

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

?

In a word? Work ethic. Dedication to his craft. Extra hours in the weight and film rooms. Being first in, last out, always on time. Commitment to a 24/7, 365 program; the desire and discipline required to make it his life and not just something to do because he's good at it between gigs. Need I go on?

Just now, K-9 said:

In a word? Work ethic. Dedication to his craft. Extra hours in the weight and film rooms. Being first in, last out, always on time. Commitment to a 24/7, 365 program; the desire and discipline required to make it his life and not just something to do because he's good at it between gigs. Need I go on?

I haven't heard anything about that regarding Ebron, I didn't know he was loafing.

Might be intriguing, as he did (finally) put up half decent numbers last year. Cap hit was pretty much always going to see him available this year, unless he out-performed Gronk.

Under-performer, for sure, but not without ability, and might come relatively cheaply. 

12 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Might be intriguing, as he did (finally) put up half decent numbers last year. Cap hit was pretty much always going to see him available this year, unless he out-performed Gronk.

Under-performer, for sure, but not without ability, and might come relatively cheaply. 

for the right price, why not.