PATs players/FAs jumping ship quick

Jobot

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's the spirit! Give up! Quit now! We are already defeated!

Never said that. Way to read things into what people say.

They lose players and even players that are "key" almost every year. It's not new. Then they find someone to slip into the open roster spot and press on.  And here's a secret...I hope they do press on. Will mean that much more when we take the division.

Can't say I blame players for wanting to get paid. Amendola has had restructures and cuts, iirc. He was always going to get a better offer elsewhere.

I think Solder also went after the money, and I'm not too impressed with him as a player, tbh, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats didn't offer him as big bucks as he thought he was worth.

Lewis hasn't really had a good payday (by NFL standards) as yet, and as one of a bunch of RBs, he wasn't going to get that good of a one from the Cheaters. Common-sense move by Lewis.

With Gilmore getting the big money, the writing was on the wall for Butler, and again, he was always going to get more elsewhere. With the selection decision for the SB, itwas clear that for whatever reason, the Cheaters were intent on 'moving on' from him.

Out of all of the above guys, the only one who the Cheaters might struggle to replace quickly, is Solder, and as I personally don't rate him that highly, I'm not convinced that it will be that difficult.

Tbh, all I'm seeing is a bunch of guys who are looking (or maybe needing) to get paid, and know that it isn't going to be the Cheaters who are going to do that for them.

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Amendola more so.  To me he's a roll player that has gigantic games at times but disappears when his number isn't called based on the game plan.  I don't see him being very successful in Miami.

Agreed, he's nothing special.  Pats* have proven over and over again they can find guys to be successful in that role.   Meanwhile, downgrade for Miami at that position.

Honestly I think it's different this year. There was some truth to the rumors of a rift between Kraft/Belichick/Brady that emerged last year. The way Butler was treated at the end has to make players rethink the equation. I see the likelihood of them getting a ring next year lower than last season and the money is guarenteed

• Like (+1) 1

My prediction -

They struggle for the first few games of the season due to some of these key losses in FA and roster turn over. Everyone goes nuts once again spouting off about "this is finally it for the Patriots, the Dynasty is over!" 

And then they, once again, start playing amazing right after that, go on a run and win the division as always. 

As long as they have Belichick preparing guys throughout the week + devising his master game plans, and Brady playing at the level he is, they will be good. 

Their downfall is inevitaby coming. But I won't believe it until I actually see it happen for an entire season or more (which I doubt will be next season). 

It'd be a lot more fun legitimately beating the Patriots while they are still good, anyway. 

Maybe if we finally get our QB that will be a real possibility (even if not this season)... 

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

Amendola more so.  To me he's a roll player that has gigantic games at times but disappears when his number isn't called based on the game plan.  I don't see him being very successful in Miami.

It was Welker before both of them--he was the prototype.  Did little in Miami.  Monster numbers in NE then disappeared after he left.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/973667851247718402

BREAKING: Patriots sign NFL referee Carl Paganelli to 3-year deal worth a reported $12 million

DYMpvm2U8AI75uN.jpg
72 replies2,097 retweets5,002 likes

Retweet

Direct message

The highlight of my day so far!

Don't overlook what happened with Dion Lewis.  He was very effective for the Pats last year.  He signed with the Titans for a four-year, $23 million deal that includes $11.5 million guaranteed.  The Pats couldn't match.  Why?  The contract they gave Gillislee last year.  Lewis was so much better than Gillislee that TD Mike was scratched for most games.  So the genius Pats did succeed in stealing our backup RB (and that did hurt, no question) but now they've lost their own top RB.  Karma.

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

Don't overlook what happened with Dion Lewis.  He was very effective for the Pats last year.  He signed with the Titans for a four-year, $23 million deal that includes $11.5 million guaranteed.  The Pats couldn't match.  Why?  The contract they gave Gillislee last year.  Lewis was so much better than Gillislee that TD Mike was scratched for most games.  So the genius Pats did succeed in stealing our backup RB (and that did hurt, no question) but now they've lost their own top RB.  Karma.

Don't fret..........Lewis and Amendola will be back in NE for peanuts when they flame out with their new teams.

Can't believe somebody paid Amendola that kinda' money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 1:07 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

He basically replaced Welker who kind of replaced Troy Brown. They rinse and repeat is all I'm saying. 

This is the funniest thing I have seen in quite a while

That would be Julian Edelman ... who when healthy has put up better numbers than Amendola ever did in NE

Amendola was their backup to Edelman pretty much 

• Like (+1) 1

The dynasty is falling apart. Very clear to see. There's conspiracy videos on Youtube about Belichick throwing the game to piss off Kraft and Brady. I don't think they're insane. There might be some truth to it. Belichick might be staying on board one more year to make sure the Pats become a bottom dweller after he leaves. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Dang where is Danny going to find another swimsuit model in Miami of all paces? :(

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A model does not want to go to Miami?      odd 

Yeah that's a weird one.  After 2 years together she won't relocate to South Beach as a model in her 20s with her millionaire boyfriend?  None of that makes sense.  2 years in she should want to move with him if things were good.  Moving to South Beach as a young good looking person is a no brainer.  He's a millionaire how much richer does she want her man to be?  None of it adds up.  A sneaking suspicion but I think Amendola will be just fine. 

• Like (+1) 1