PATs players/FAs jumping ship quick

Jobot

Several Patriots going for the pay-day instead of pursuit of another ring...

Nate Soldier

Malcom Butler

Dion Lewis

Danny Amendola

There were reports last year of players getting tired of the 'Patriot Way', it's also been criticized and not being any 'fun'...

I know the argument is going to be that NE never pays out the big contracts.... but maybe this is another sign of cracks in the empire.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Several Patriots going for the pay-day instead of pursuit of another ring...

Nate Soldier

Malcom Butler

Dion Lewis

Danny Amendola

There were reports last year of players getting tired of the 'Patriot Way', it's also been criticized and not being any 'fun'...

I know the argument is going to be that NE never pays out the big contracts.... but maybe this is another sign of cracks in the empire.

And they will somehow continue to push for another Super Bowl with lesser known and lesser priced talent.

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep this always happens and they are always fine. 

Probably true... I feel like Amendola leaving stands out to me the most.  He seemed to be the Patriot standard for a while now.  Guessing he's tired of it though.

Edited by Jobot

They lose/release players (often in their primes) all the time.

Why does the OP think things have changed? BB has dumped better players than these many times.  Makes no difference.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Probably true... I feel like Amendola leaving stands out to me the most.  He seemed to be the Patriot standard for a while now.  Guessing he's tired of it though.

Maybe you're thinking of Edelman?

Typically I would agree with others saying it isn't anything big and they will be fine and I do still partially believe that because of Brady.

BUT everything I have read says they really wanted to keep Nate Solder and the Pats typically never lose guys they really want to stay. This will be the first time since Brady has been there they won't have a trusted stud LT they can rely on. That's not to say in FA they won't bring a decent guy in but remember a few years ago when they seemed to be slipping a large reason was line play.

Also their willingness to let a good CB like Butler go off an already shaky secondary and front 7 that needs pass rushers doesn't help either.

Now am I saying NE is going 7-9 and its over? Heck no that would be foolish. But I do think it is very plausible they slip from the AFC world beaters that are always 13-3 to a 11-5 or 10-6 record that still takes the division but the holes are apparent and they can be beaten were it wouldn't be a complete stunner.

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

He basically replaced Welker who kind of replaced Troy Brown. They rinse and repeat is all I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/973667851247718402

BREAKING: Patriots sign NFL referee Carl Paganelli to 3-year deal worth a reported $12 million

DYMpvm2U8AI75uN.jpg
72 replies2,097 retweets5,002 likes

Retweet

Direct message

This is the funniest thing I have seen in quite a while

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They lose/release players (often in their primes) all the time.

Why does the OP think things have changed? BB has dumped better players than these many times.  Makes no difference.

Maybe you're thinking of Edelman?

Amendola more so.  To me he's a roll player that has gigantic games at times but disappears when his number isn't called based on the game plan.  I don't see him being very successful in Miami.