This is what the Bills QB Board looks like imo

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The Josh Allen hate on this board is lip-smacking delicious!!!  Truth is...none of us have any idea.  Carry on though....

No hate from me.  Just not sure that Allen's college competition has prepared him to make the just to the NFL and be a first year starter.

You are right, we are all just speculating with our very limited knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1

Honest question to the haters:

Why do you think that many top NFL personnel folks and scouting services feel that Allen is worthy of a top -5 pick in the draft?

Are they just dumb?  Easily misled? Bad at their jobs? Paid shills?

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

if we draft Josh Allen this franchise will be set back another 6-7 years. 

absolute joke if it happens. the guy is more inaccurate than EJ Manuel for gods sake. 

Maybe?   Maybe not?  I could see Allen ending up being a Jake Locker.  I also could see him ending up more like a Ben Roethlisberger.  Thankfully, we have Beane and a staff of professional talent evaluators to make that decision for us.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

3. Josh Rosen - Most people want to see him in Buffalo. Which i wouldn't mind at all. Has all the tools. Can rub teammates the wrong way sometimes, though.

And your evidence is? All his teammates who have spoken of Rosen have said the opposite

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Maybe?   Maybe not?  I could see Allen ending up being a Jake Locker.  I also could see him ending up more like a Ben Roethlisberger.  Thankfully, we have Beane and a staff of professional talent evaluators to make that decision for us.

Wha? You’re saying these pros that do it for a living know more that this community of Monday morning QBs that have never legitimately broken down film of a QBinoir lives???

blasphemy...!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Why do you think that many top NFL personnel folks and scouting services feel that Allen is worthy of a top -5 pick in the draft?

Just my perception, but most of the Allen haters I have tangled with are so enamored with another prospect (e.g., Mayfield) that they are automatically convinced that Allen sucks.  Rosen is my #1 guy, BTW, but I actually trust our front office for the first time in a very long time.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Apparently you didn't see his combine. He was on the money. Especially with the deep ball. He played at Wyoming, didn't have great talent around him.

Allen has always looked good outside of games. With no pressure and opponents it's easy to look good. When opponents are on the field he completely falls apart

8 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Which top NFL personnel have spoken about how they think Allen is a top 5 pick?

Not media journos who want clicks/viewers. But actual personnel, quotable. 

Please provide them, we'd love to hear them.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Allen has always looked good outside of games. With no pressure and opponents it's easy to look good. When opponents are on the field he completely falls apart

Completely neglecting the fact that Allen and the Wyoming offense lost their starting center, top 3 WR’s, and top 2 RB’s before this season.  Wyoming isn’t Alabama.  They can’t just re-load.  Put Sam Darnold on Wyoming this past season, and I wonder how he would have done?

11 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

With the way you framed this, there are no misses in your world.  History shows this is an inexact science.

The easy out when your job is on the line is to go with the tangible measurements.  The other stuff which dictates success at a high level is much more difficult to measure and quantify.  So in 3 years you are explaining to an owner why a draft choice did not make it, you point to the measurables.  Thus it can not be your fault if a player washes out.

it works both ways.  Wilson dropped until the 3rd round because if he was drafted high and failed, the owner would point to the lack of height which can be measured.

Would you draft a player # 1 if he had Allen's body with Mayfield's results - Yes.  Would you draft Allen # 1 with Mayfield's body and Allen's results - no.

One of the pro players Josh Allen gets compared to frequently in the scouting community is Cam Newton, minus the running ability. They say the arm strength is similar, their size is similar, etc. So, take that for whatever you want.

And scouts/executives look at prospects as, "It's not what he is now, it's what he *can* be in the future." Many scouts and executives see the raw skill set and come to the conclusion that despite the low completion percentage and the flaws he has right now, those are fixable issues with the right coaching. 

This is not my personal endorsement for Josh Allen. I've watched several of his games and you do see that the ability is there, but he's lacking consistency in several areas. And people can talk all they want about how a "real franchise QB lifts the play of those around him" but again, within the scouting community, most of them agree that he really had no weapons on offense. Plus, he threw a lot of balls that were on the money but were dropped. I'm sure people are reading this and seeing it as excuses, I'm just reiterating what I've read over the last few months. 

I can understand the desire to draft a guy like this and then mold him into the type of player McBeane envision for their franchise... however, I certainly don't have the most faith in a guy like David Culley being Allen's "QB whisperer" and turning him into an All-Pro.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

1. Josh Allen - He is still a little raw, but I think he is the best fit from a football and personality standpoint...and Beane/McDermott always talk about best fit. He is from a small town in Cali, went to Wyoming and would have no problem fitting in Buffalo. Plus he has a huge arm, so will have no problem playing in winter weather.

2. Sam Darnold - He the most pro ready right now imo. Can stand in the pocket, get the ball out quick. Only question is arm strength.

3. Josh Rosen - Most people want to see him in Buffalo. Which i wouldn't mind at all. Has all the tools. Can rub teammates the wrong way sometimes, though.

4. Mason Rudolph - Bills spent alot of time scouting him. I see talent there as well. Will need more time than others to come along. It's unlikely he will be the pick, with the Bills most likely to move up even more in draft to take one of the guys above...but if we can't get to top 5 for some reason. We could take him at 22 and get a stud LB, OL at 12.

5. Baker Mayfield - I have him lower than most for the Bills, cause I see him as the complete opposite of what fits this Bills Management type. He is undersized, has questions throwing in pocket and character problems in college. Seems like we have been down that road minus the character problems.

6. Lamar Jackson - He had a horrible combine. Couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Even though his athleticism may be attractive to some, don't think the Bills.

How many sub 60% College QBs succeed in NFL

22 hours ago, the skycap said:

What combine were you watching?

Carr and Mayock were raving about some throws. 

People just say stuff. Most people here just try to sound like they know what they are talking about, few actually do.