This is what the Bills QB Board looks like imo

Early on, I was high on Mayfield and I liked Rosen, couldn't make up my mind about Darnold, and didn't want Allen. I've watched a lot more of each QB, and to my surprise, I actually like all of them more than when I began, although I do like some more than others. 

• Rosen is obviously an unbelievable passer. I wish his pocket presence was better. Would be happy if we drafted him. 
  • Darnold seems like a gamer with some moxie. He has fantastic pocket presence. I've watched a ton of his games, and would be happy if we drafted him.
  • Mayfield does his thing. I absolutely love his accuracy and would be happy if we drafted him. 
  • Allen's film looked better than I thought it would early on, but he's obviously very raw. If we draft him I will be nervous, but I can understand the rationale and will hope for the best. You really can see the upside (in a manner that is distinctly different from EJ). Nervous but hopeful is a step up from my previous reaction to the thought of drafting him. 

16 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

At least not the way it played out!!!

Allegedly there is a BIG announcement from 1 Bills Drive today......

BIG announcement: The Buffalo Bills are moving to the CFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

1. Josh Allen - He is still a little raw, but I think he is the best fit from a football and personality standpoint...and Beane/McDermott always talk about best fit. He is from a small town in Cali, went to Wyoming and would have no problem fitting in Buffalo. Plus he has a huge arm, so will have no problem playing in winter weather.

2. Sam Darnold - He the most pro ready right now imo. Can stand in the pocket, get the ball out quick. Only question is arm strength.

3. Josh Rosen - Most people want to see him in Buffalo. Which i wouldn't mind at all. Has all the tools. Can rub teammates the wrong way sometimes, though.

4. Mason Rudolph - Bills spent alot of time scouting him. I see talent there as well. Will need more time than others to come along. It's unlikely he will be the pick, with the Bills most likely to move up even more in draft to take one of the guys above...but if we can't get to top 5 for some reason. We could take him at 22 and get a stud LB, OL at 12.

5. Baker Mayfield - I have him lower than most for the Bills, cause I see him as the complete opposite of what fits this Bills Management type. He is undersized, has questions throwing in pocket and character problems in college. Seems like we have been down that road minus the character problems.

6. Lamar Jackson - He had a horrible combine. Couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Even though his athleticism may be attractive to some, don't think the Bills.

What combine were you watching?

Carr and Mayock were raving about some throws. 

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I have Lamar as the #1 QB in this year's class, but he did have some hilariously bad throws at the Combine. It was very hit or miss for him.

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

:blink:

About 80% of his throws were behind the receivers. They had to hold up and wait for the ball. Granted, timing with receivers takes practice, but I don't like what I see there.

He also throws high a lot. Wasn't an "under center" QB in college. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They should measure that at the combine, as a confidence indicator 

I once had a student at Indiana University write on an H105 (American history) exam "Washington was lucky to have such well endowed advisors as Hamilton and Jefferson." I wrote as a comment "a reference book that contains that information for historical world leaders would explain a lot." To be fair, I didn't deduct points because you can technically be endowed with great intelligence or leadership, but... 

• Haha (+1) 1

A QB does so much more than just pass the ball to a receiver like they do in a combine.  There's the mental aspect, the ability to use his eyes to fool a defender and get a receiver open, the ability to anticipate a receiver's moves and throw him open, the ability to handle the ball to fool D linemen about what play is happening, the ability to scramble and/or good pocket awareness & mobility, the ability to think clearly when the pressure is on, the ability to recognize what a defense is about to try to do. 

If it was just passing ability, Rob Johnson would have been our starting QB for 10 years.  That didn't work out so well.  He was a great passer but a mediocre QB. 

So it's great that some of these guys have big arms, but do they have the other tools they need too?

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Apparently you didn't see his combine. He was on the money. Especially with the deep ball. He played at Wyoming, didn't have great talent around him.

You don't need to look at film, just evaluate at the combine right?

Wyoming is in the Mountain West Conference...meaning he's playing other teams in Mountain West conference.  It's not like he was at Wyoming playing SEC schools every week.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Nanker said:

:blink:

About 80% of his throws were behind the receivers. They had to hold up and wait for the ball. Granted, timing with receivers takes practice, but I don't like what I see there.

He also throws high a lot. Wasn't an "under center" QB in college. 

To be fair, pretty much none of this year's class were under center QBs. Allen and Rosen played under center maybe 20% of the time and the rest were close to 0%.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You don't need to look at film, just evaluate at the combine right?

Wyoming is in the Mountain West Conference...meaning he's playing other teams in Mountain West conference.  It's not like he was at Wyoming playing SEC schools every week.

That is a great point.  I now live in Las Vegas.  Teams like UNLV, New Mexico, Fresno, etc do not provide the best competition.  Allen seems like he will need a year or two of seasoning before he could be the franchise qb se are looking for. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Apparently you didn't see his combine. He was on the money. Especially with the deep ball. He played at Wyoming, didn't have great talent around him.

Watch the boise "highlights" he is missing open receivers by a LOT.  Combine's easy - theres no pass rush in your face.  I'm concerned about his pocket prescense as much as his accuracy.  He seems to scramble into sacks and his mechanics result in a lot of missed opportunities.  

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

That is a great point.  I now live in Las Vegas.  Teams like UNLV, New Mexico, Fresno, etc do not provide the best competition.  Allen seems like he will need a year or two of seasoning before he could be the franchise qb se are looking for. 

I personally don't know if we have the staff to bring along a raw rookie.  Maybe Daboll?  We'll see....

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The Josh Allen hate on this board is lip-smacking delicious!!!  Truth is...none of us have any idea.  Carry on though....

Oh, there's a few guys that are clearly pretty awful. Allen joins the Hackenberg, Petty, Chad Kelly ranks of being utter arse.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Watch the boise "highlights" he is missing open receivers by a LOT.  Combine's easy - theres no pass rush in your face.  I'm concerned about his pocket prescense as much as his accuracy.  He seems to scramble into sacks and his mechanics result in a lot of missed opportunities.  

I personally don't know if we have the staff to bring along a raw rookie.  Maybe Daboll?  We'll see....

I agree.  Our quarterback coach is unproven.