This is what the Bills QB Board looks like imo

1. Josh Allen - He is still a little raw, but I think he is the best fit from a football and personality standpoint...and Beane/McDermott always talk about best fit. He is from a small town in Cali, went to Wyoming and would have no problem fitting in Buffalo. Plus he has a huge arm, so will have no problem playing in winter weather.

2. Sam Darnold - He the most pro ready right now imo. Can stand in the pocket, get the ball out quick. Only question is arm strength.

3. Josh Rosen - Most people want to see him in Buffalo. Which i wouldn't mind at all. Has all the tools. Can rub teammates the wrong way sometimes, though.

4. Mason Rudolph - Bills spent alot of time scouting him. I see talent there as well. Will need more time than others to come along. It's unlikely he will be the pick, with the Bills most likely to move up even more in draft to take one of the guys above...but if we can't get to top 5 for some reason. We could take him at 22 and get a stud LB, OL at 12.

5. Baker Mayfield - I have him lower than most for the Bills, cause I see him as the complete opposite of what fits this Bills Management type. He is undersized, has questions throwing in pocket and character problems in college. Seems like we have been down that road minus the character problems.

6. Lamar Jackson - He had a horrible combine. Couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Even though his athleticism may be attractive to some, don't think the Bills.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

1. Josh Allen - He is still a little raw, but I think he is the best fit from a football and personality standpoint...and Beane/McDermott always talk about best fit. He is from a small town in Cali, went to Wyoming and would have no problem fitting in Buffalo. Plus he has a huge arm, so will have no problem playing in winter weather.

2. Sam Darnold - He the most pro ready right now imo. Can stand in the pocket, get the ball out quick. Only question is arm strength.

3. Josh Rosen - Most people want to see him in Buffalo. Which i wouldn't mind at all. Has all the tools. Can rub teammates the wrong way sometimes, though.

4. Mason Rudolph - Bills spent alot of time scouting him. I see talent there as well. Will need more time than others to come along. It's unlikely he will be the pick, with the Bills most likely to move up even more in draft to take one of the guys above...but if we can't get to top 5 for some reason. We could take him at 22 and get a stud LB, OL at 12.

5. Baker Mayfield - I have him lower than most for the Bills, cause I see him as the complete opposite of what fits this Bills Management type. He is undersized, has questions throwing in pocket and character problems in college. Seems like we have been down that road minus the character problems.

6. Lamar Jackson - He had a horrible combine. Couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. Even though his athleticism may be attractive to some, don't think the Bills.

I liked your posts better when you were done with this team and leaving.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Could be.

I too see there being strong potential that Josh Allen is the guy they covet.  Obviously, we're all just reading the tea leaves and speculating.

It's a bit insane how so many here lash out strongly when someone suggests one of the prospects that aren't their own pet pick.  Allen (and Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Jackson, Rudoph, and everyone else) has strengths and weaknesses, but to suggest that it would be a "serious problem" if that is their choice is just plain dumb.  There is no consensus, aside from these guys being potential top-10 picks in the draft and potentially elite prospects. 

There is a strong chance that Josh Allen is the #1 pick in the NFL draft.  Saying that he might be the Bills top choice is reasonable.

I honestly can see any of the top 4 prospects being drafted by the Bills, from a variety of draft spots.  None of them would be a "dumb" pick, at least with the information that us lay fans have to work with.

Based off them not getting a starting Qb at the start of Fa and looking like they are going to bring in a vetran career back up, that points to me that they are going for Rosen.   MaybeDarnold or Mayfield.  Allen and Jackson have the most upside but will need the most work and probable should sit for a year or so while they develop.   

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

No one saw that coming

At least not the way it played out!!!

Allegedly there is a BIG announcement from 1 Bills Drive today......

Edited by Kwai San

20 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Allen is a little raw? Awful completion %, limited success, bad footwork, bad mechanics. 

Apparently you didn't see his combine. He was on the money. Especially with the deep ball. He played at Wyoming, didn't have great talent around him.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

I'll bet good money it's almost identical to what yours looks like!! ?

24 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I think the interest in Allen is a red herring and Rosen is their guy

I hope you are correct.  Only Rosen or Mayfield can play from day 1.  Allen needs to sit behind an established vet.  Darnold needs to stop turning the ball over.  I'd take L. Falk or M. White over Allen.  They seem more ready to play.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Apparently you didn't see his combine. He was on the money. Especially with the deep ball. He played at Wyoming, didn't have great talent around him.

How did that argument hold up for Jake Locker? I saw he was good on the deep throws which is good because his short accuracy will result in the need for a lot of hail mary's. 

Edited by Batman1876