Why not Andrew Luck? The Colts are in a great position.

The more time that passes and the Bills don’t do anything to address the QB position the more it convinces me that they definitely have a plan in place. I mean who gets rid of their starting QB and not have one in place?? Before anyone suggests that whatever rookie that is suppose to be taken in the draft, none of them are projected to be NFL ready right out of the gate. Is Peterman suppose to start?? I think not. Are the remaining FA QBs the answer? I would think not because that would be like writing off the season even before the season starts. Trading for Foles wouldn’t be hateful, maybe that’s the plan but looking at where the Colts are at in the draft (#3 overall pick) and all the draft capital that we have why couldn’t we make a run at Luck? Between last year’s publicity (team propaganda) and having a lunatic owner in Irsay I would say that anything is possible. Already having the #3 pick overall and all the prime draft picks that we could provide, the Colts would sure be able to address a lot of their team’s weaknesses. So far McBeane has shown they are not at all intimidated by making big decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1

I actually agree with much of this. From the Colts perspective, it’s actually an optimal time to do this. They can free the cap space, grab a new franchise QB on rookie pay scale, rid themselves of any shoulder concerns, and pick up a couple draft picks to fill more holes. 

From the Bills perspective, they keep more of their draft picks than if they were trading up to top 3 and can handle the cap hit. And get a proven commodity. 

I actually think the price to make this happen wouldn’t be too expensive and a huge win win for both teams. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Andrew Luck is not available. 

Unless you are the Colts front office you do not know this.  You are speculating.  The Colts are rebuilding and if they love a qb coming out I could see this.  I don't think it will happen but I would not be surprised.  It could be why the Bills haven't made a move yet.  It also could be why McDaniels didn't take the job.

1 minute ago, dubs said:

I actually agree with much of this. From the Colts perspective, it’s actually an optimal time to do this. They can free the cap space, grab a new franchise QB on rookie pay scale, rid themselves of any shoulder concerns, and pick up a couple draft picks to fill more holes. 

From the Bills perspective, they keep more of their draft picks than if they were trading up to top 3 and can handle the cap hit. And get a proven commodity. 

I actually think the price to make this happen wouldn’t be too expensive and a huge win win for both teams. 

and then we have them

1 minute ago, offsides#76FredSmerlas said:

Unless you are the Colts front office you do not know this.  You are speculating.  The Colts are rebuilding and if they love a qb coming out I could see this.  I don't think it will happen but I would not be surprised.  It could be why the Bills haven't made a move yet.  It also could be why McDaniels didn't take the job.

I'm using logic. The premise of this thread is speculation and so is your post.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Would you trade away luck? No way Reich wants to go into his first season as head coach with an unknown qb

This. All day. Whether or not Luck can stay healthy and return to form is unknown, but no way Reich is not going to find out for himself. When healthy the dude carried that team on his back.

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

and then we have them

Concerns, yes. But that’s not to say the shoulder wouldn’t be fine. Just a risk and different people assess the risk differently. 

Honestly, if I’m the colts and the Bills offer me 22 and a second for Luck. I say where do I sign. 

Edited by dubs

10 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

The more time that passes and the Bills don’t do anything to address the QB position the more it convinces me that they definitely have a plan in place. I mean who gets rid of their starting QB and not have one in place?? Before anyone suggests that whatever rookie that is suppose to be taken in the draft, none of them are projected to be NFL ready right out of the gate. Is Peterman suppose to start?? I think not. Are the remaining FA QBs the answer? I would think not because that would be like writing off the season even before the season starts. Trading for Foles wouldn’t be hateful, maybe that’s the plan but looking at where the Colts are at in the draft (#3 overall pick) and all the draft capital that we have why couldn’t we make a run at Luck? Between last year’s publicity (team propaganda) and having a lunatic owner in Irsay I would say that anything is possible. Already having the #3 pick overall and all the prime draft picks that we could provide, the Colts would sure be able to address a lot of their team’s weaknesses. So far McBeane has shown they are not at all intimidated by making big decisions. 

Josh Rosen is said to be NFL ready playing in Josh Mora's pro style offense at UCLA. I'm not seeing a better option at this point, we may very well select 2 rookies in this draft and may the best win out between them and Peterman because the pickings are slim out there for veteran QB's... Derek Anderson, Mike Glennon, Jay Cutler, AJ Mccarron.