Great QB Myths

Just now, corta765 said:

Right he is the sole QB you can reference thats it. AND like you see he trended ^ not down. Allen plateaued with no growth.

Me?  I can't reference nobody....the OP wanted us to do some fact checkin', I just suggested he check one in return:

" Find a QB drafted in the last 15 years, who did not have >60% completions any year in college and has been successful in the NFL"

Stafford doesn't meet those criteria, as he DID have >60% his last year in college.  I've heard Tyrod Taylor is the closest, but we don't appear to like his level of NFL success.

23 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Somebody on the Rams board did a pretty in-depth evaluation of QBs and the sub 60% completion rate when the Rams had to choose between Goff and Wentz.  They used examples dating back to 2000.  It was an insightful read.  Looked at a lot of quarterbacks.  The list will underwhelm you.  You'll see a lot of players who couldn't hack it in the NFL have that sub 60% metric in college and those that performed above 60% perform well.  It's definitely food for thought when evaluating talent.  It certainly seems like a fundamental metric.

IMO, a GM drafting a QB with a high pick that can't hit 60% in college ball today is writing his or her own termination letter.  

Do you happen to have a linky to said evaluation?  Some of us would enjoy it. 

Just a little caveat that the opposite isn't true, a lot of college QB with high completion in college don't make it in the NFL.

I don't know if I'd go so far as your last sentence, but I certainly think a GM would have to look very carefully at the reasons why the QB didn't hit that metric.

• Like (+1) 1