Baker Mayfield Pro Day 3/14

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why would you think that they weren't doing their homework on all of the top tier qbs? The Bills acquired picks and recently traded up. They currently don't have a credible qb on the roster. The GM has often stated the priority to get a franchise qb.  

My prediction is that the Bills will move up to the Colts spot before the draft and solidify their ability to draft a high end qb prospect. The Bills under this new regime have made a number of transactions from day one that indicate that drafting a qb is the priority. There is no secret agenda. This is all done in plain sight. What's obvious is obvious. 

I’m saying “if”. 

Maybe they already did their meetings with him and will also have a visit, I don’t know.

I’m just hoping they haven’t already crossed one of the big 4 off their list, and the others get snagged out from under them. 

I’m also salty because I like Mayfield the most 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Beane has stated that they're not looking for the best fit for Daboll's offense.

They aren’t letting anyone guess. They’ve been leaked to be in pursuit of every QB on the planet.  

They make nebulous references.

They didn’t foreshadow tyrods trade, but didn’t refute it either. 

Id say very few actually know the plan and selection process 

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Browns Darnold, Bills Allen, Jets Mayfield imo.  Miami won't get that high to get one of those guys

If the Bills are "deliberately" making their interest known, according to Allbright, then I think that would be a smokescreen, no? 

From what I have seen of McD he would love a guy like Mayfield and the fire he brings. Does this mean the Bills have to draft him? No. It does strike me as odd that this is the only guy they haven't been linked to. I'm almost certain Mayfield is the target.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

If the Bills are "deliberately" making their interest known, according to Allbright, then I think that would be a smokescreen, no? 

If they want Allen they should wait and see how it goes. Probably can get him at 7-10

18 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I'm getting a sick feeling the Browns are going Rosen, the Bills are going Allen and we are going to have to watch Mayfield crush us for the next 15 years when we play Miami.

If it makes you feel better read this from Tony Grossi on Twitter.

"Also, because of pressing business w free agency & Joe Thomas, Browns GM John Dorsey skipping pro days of Baker Mayfield & Josh Rosen. Borowns GM didnt go to 

31 minutes ago, Acantha said:

It's not Daboll's decision to make, and Beane has said he doesn't look for a QB that fits a specific coach, because coaches change.  Of course he'll get input from everyone, but this is all Beane.  That's why even though I don't want him, I think Josh Allen is at least in the mix.

But I think as long as he's not picked by the Browns at 1, Rosen is the guy.  I really don't think Mayfield is the player Beane wants to put his young reputation on the line for.

31 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Beane has stated that they're not looking for the best fit for Daboll's offense.

Okay let me revise. I suppose he is looking for a guy who fits any offense. That is Rosen or Darnold. Allen could be that guy if developed. Mayfield to me is not that guy. He is going to require an alteration of what a coach does, like how Bill O'Brien revamped his offense for Watson and Shannahan did for RG3, and Greg Roman did for Tyrod. Once those guys have to assimilate to a pro offense, they struggle. That's what I see with Mayfield. If you let him run a college offense, he could start right away and be good. Once the pros adjust and he has to be in a pro offense, he will struggle. That's what I forsee for DeShaun Watson as well.