Baker Mayfield Pro Day 3/14

50 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I figured I would start a topic here so that info can kind of be put in an organized place.

Apparently the Bengals and Broncos are there and the Dolphins had dinner with Baker last night. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-baker-mayfield-20180313-story.html

And apparently the Browns are skipping it. 

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/hue_jackson_and_john_dorsey_wo.html

Apparently the Bills not interested

I think the Bills Have Rosen and Mayfield as their top 2 then Darnold and Allen. All the Allen talk is smoke, no one thinks he is a day 1 starter, everyone thinks he's raw and needs time, we have no one to start while he learns, it would be an ugly situation where you have to put a rookie whos not ready in and likely implode.  Meanwhile Rosen and Mayfield both look to be day 1 starters. I think that Mayfield better fits the profile of players the Bills drafted last year, 4 year starters, leader of the team, success at the college level. Rosen has been said to be hard to coach and has injury concerns I think those put him behind Mayfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

From what I have seen of McD he would love a guy like Mayfield and the fire he brings. Does this mean the Bills have to draft him? No. It does strike me as odd that this is the only guy they haven't been linked to. I'm almost certain Mayfield is the target.

Remember how absolutely no one linked the Bears to Trubisky last year?  That's what I'm hoping is going on here.

Mayfield, in terms of leadership and intangibles and competitive fire and "chip-on-his-shoulder" mentality all combined with very underrated physical attributes really make him look, to me, like he's going to be the best NFL QB of this bunch.

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

not even on the Bills radar from anything i've seen.  sorry Baker fans

Thats actually not abnormal, teams often dont want to show their hand, not to mention some teams show up to create a smokescreen too. 

So not being there or being there isnt really a reliable barometer to determine level of interest.  If a team is sold on said player, more likely they wont be there.

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports
By Steve DelVecchio  |  Last updated 3/16/18

Baker Mayfield is one of the most polarizing prospects in this year’s deep quarterback draft class, and at least one team is not going to take a chance on the former Oklahoma star without knowing exactly what is going on in his personal life.