Baker Mayfield Pro Day 3/14

I figured I would start a topic here so that info can kind of be put in an organized place.

Apparently the Bengals and Broncos are there and the Dolphins had dinner with Baker last night. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-baker-mayfield-20180313-story.html

And apparently the Browns are skipping it. 

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/hue_jackson_and_john_dorsey_wo.html

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

not even on the Bills radar from anything i've seen.  sorry Baker fans

Agree with this. I don't see a fit with Daboll. I would think he would want Rosen or Darnold, but who knows? I feel like if they wanted a guy to improvise, they would have kept Tyrod. 

Mayfield does makes some sense with Adam Gase.  

It would anger me if they aren’t even doing their homework on him. He’s a top 4 prospect and they should be there. 

Make the best decision at the end of the day, but be thorough 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Maybe not but he'll have to be if we can only trade to 3 or 4 unless they take Allen and if they take Allen over Mayfield I'll be so damn mad.

i think they are going to.  if i had to guess they probably like 1) Darnold 2) Allen 3) Rosen

Edited by kdiggz

Just now, The Poojer said:

Didn't the Bills already have a 'formal interview' with him, i'd say he was 'on the radar' at least at some point

they interviewed every QB at the senior bowl.  using that logic they are interested in every QB

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

Didn't the Bills already have a 'formal interview' with him, i'd say he was 'on the radar' at least at some point

They talked with him at the Sr Bowl and the Combine.  Maybe they saw enough and was like moving on ...  I hope not but it could be the case.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agree with this. I don't see a fit with Daboll. I would think he would want Rosen or Darnold, but who knows? I feel like if they wanted a guy to improvise, they would have kept Tyrod. 

It's not Daboll's decision to make, and Beane has said he doesn't look for a QB that fits a specific coach, because coaches change.  Of course he'll get input from everyone, but this is all Beane.  That's why even though I don't want him, I think Josh Allen is at least in the mix.

But I think as long as he's not picked by the Browns at 1, Rosen is the guy.  I really don't think Mayfield is the player Beane wants to put his young reputation on the line for.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Beane has stated that they're not looking for the best fit for Daboll's offense.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I'm getting a sick feeling the Browns are going Rosen, the Bills are going Allen and we are going to have to watch Mayfield crush us for the next 15 years when we play Miami.

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Seeing way too many Dolphins and Mayfield articles.  To me, they really like him and Gase probably wants to make a move so they can move on from Tannehill, who has, at best been mediocre when not injured.

Does Mayfield drop to 11? Dolphins don't have nearly as much capital to use to move up as Buffalo does.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

It would anger me if they aren’t even doing their homework on him. He’s a top 4 prospect and they should be there. 

Make the best decision at the end of the day, but be thorough 

Why would you think that they weren't doing their homework on all of the top tier qbs? The Bills acquired picks and recently traded up. They currently don't have a credible qb on the roster. The GM has often stated the priority to get a franchise qb.  

My prediction is that the Bills will move up to the Colts spot before the draft and solidify their ability to draft a high end qb prospect. The Bills under this new regime have made a number of transactions from day one that indicate that drafting a qb is the priority. There is no secret agenda. This is all done in plain sight. What's obvious is obvious. 

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I'm getting a sick feeling the Browns are going Rosen, the Bills are going Allen and we are going to have to watch Mayfield crush us for the next 15 years when we play Miami.

Browns Darnold, Bills Allen, Jets Mayfield imo.  Miami won't get that high to get one of those guys