Patriots offer McCarron

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

does anyone think that IF the Patsies** are interested maybe we should re consider?  They have been a fountain of QB talent.  first with Bledsoe, then with Brady, and then Jimmy G who at least the 49ers think is really good.  Maybe they know something about QBs (and cheating) that we don't?

besides, we need depth at the position.  Now we literally have none.

This is exactly why his agent would start these rumors. 

9 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think if everything goes wrong in the draft that they will trade pick 22 for Foles. It's looking like AJ McCarron is going to the Patriots and just like in Alabama the Patriots will put talent around him and he will put up offensive numbers. I can see Brady retiring and the Patriots will still have the best QB in the East.

Well, if that happens then we'll have to trade with the Bengals & get Dalton-----the guy AJ couldn't unseat for the starting job.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

I agree, but that's not related to my point. Anyway, I do hope we land one of the top QBs in the draft. 

It was part of my post you replied to.

why can't we do both?  Sign a FA QB that won 2 NCAA Championships and played well in limited action that has high upside AND draft a top QB in the draft?

I hope we get a good QB some way some how. I don't care where he comes from.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It was part of my post you replied to.

why can't we do both?  Sign a FA QB that won 2 NCAA Championships and played well in limited action that has high upside AND draft a top QB in the draft?

I hope we get a good QB some way some how. I don't care where he comes from.

I quoted your post and wrote my response as a case-in-point of the debate that was occurring in the post immediately preceding yours. I.e. your interest in McCarron was increased in response to the Pats**** rumors. 

Separate from that, but something on which we seem to agree, I would be quite happy with McCarron + Rosen/etc.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Bills wanted McCarron he would be signed. I believe they are trying to get Foles,but I hope that does not keep them from getting a QB in the draft.

I personally wouldn’t give the Eagles a first rounder for him either,maybe a second at most.

The QB market is insane right now.  Nobody wants to give AJ that kind of money.  He looked good a few years ago but he could never beat out Dalton for the job.  What does that tell you?

Just draft someone and be done with it.  

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably waiting for OBD's offer, right?...........

He’s probably looking for a deal that pays him at least $15 million a year. If so, he’s delusional.

18 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Sure it does,you moved on From Glenn and moved up 9 spots.

If you land Foles you don't need to trade up for one of those 3 QB's.

They could trade down from 12 and get 3 picks or so to recoup what they spend on Foles.

The rumour is Philly wants a 1st and Beane said no way and I agree a 2nd is enough.

I just can't quite believe Mcbeane would be going for foles instead of one of the top 3 qb's in the draft. It's possible, just doesn't seem like Mcbean's style.  Especially given that if he's ever going to go big, now is the time. It's early in his time here, so he has time to recover if the rookie qb move busts, plus I imagine he has a huge reservoir of good will with the fans and more importantly with Pegula as a result of breaking the playoff drought.  He can weather a mistake.  If he hits on the draft qb, he's a hero.   Just my gut feelings

6 minutes ago, dlonce said:

If the Bills wanted McCarron he would be signed. I believe they are trying to get Foles,but I hope that does not keep them from getting a QB in the draft.

I personally wouldn’t give the Eagles a first rounder for him either,maybe a second at most.

If the Bills wanted Foles he would be signed.   

See how that works?

2 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I just can't quite believe Mcbeane would be going for foles instead of one of the top 3 qb's in the draft. It's possible, just doesn't seem like Mcbean's style.  Especially given that if he's ever going to go big, now is the time. It's early in his time here, so he has time to recover if the rookie qb move busts, plus I imagine he has a huge reservoir of good will with the fans and more importantly with Pegula as a result of breaking the playoff drought.  He can weather a mistake.  If he hits on the draft qb, he's a hero.   Just my gut feelings

They still need a trading partner,what if they all stay put?

I am just saying they have options.

Just now, Doc said:

He’s probably looking for a deal that pays him at least $15 million a year. If so, he’s delusional.

...sure is.......but with the preliminary feeding frenzy calmed down, it is no longer a strong seller's market......I'd bet McBeane is savvy enough to have had an amount he 's willing to pay and for a max two years to groom rook draft pick and Peterman..........McCown got $10 mil for one year...Bradford got $20 mil (or $10 mil per start)......crazy money abound..

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

He won't get that money from the Patsies.

He definitely won't get that money from Beane