Patriots offer McCarron

i mean, if the Bills can't outbid the Pats here, I'd be shocked.  I'm a huge AJM fan, im not sure why he would want to go play second fiddle somewhere again, it doesnt seem like that's his personality.  He'll start in Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

i mean, if the Bills can't outbid the Pats here, I'd be shocked.  I'm a huge AJM fan, im not sure why he would want to go play second fiddle somewhere again, it doesnt seem like that's his personality.  He'll start in Buffalo.

Yup, said that in another thread.  Offer him the same as the Cheaters but tell him he'll have a chance to start.  He has no chance to start in Cheaterland and will just be a backup for the years Tommy Boy has left.  And then if he's still there when Tommy Boy retires, he'll have to be the guy to follow that legend. 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So, they likely cut Hoyer. Please no Hoyer here.

So you wouldn't want a guy intimately familiar with the Erhardt-Perkins offense - which is what our OC will bring - to become suddenly available to help our new QB? 

Brian Hoyer is not the long term solution here and at best he's a 3 game starter. But in the QB lounge? I'd take him over ANYONE. I think it's a gift. What am I missing here?

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

So you wouldn't want a guy intimately familiar with the Erhardt-Perkins offense - which is what our OC will bring - to become suddenly available to help our new QB? 

Brian Hoyer is not the long term solution here and at best he's a 3 game starter. But in the QB lounge? I'd take him over ANYONE. I think it's a gift. What am I missing here?

Being familiar with E-P helps, but if that's the only qualifier we want then I guess we draft Lamar Jackson as well as that's the offense he ran in college.

There's bigger fish still out there than Hoyer, but he's as good as a last resort guy as any. I just don't like his play on the field.

There is another possibility, which is that Peterman is the starter and the bridge to the future.  He had one chance, against SD's killer pass rush, and he started OK but his team let him down.  Then he fell apart.  That doesn't mean he's terrible or useless.  We put up with a lot more, a lot worse, from Todd Collins.  Peterman is not the long term answer but he's a viable option if the shiny new rookie struggles.

Eh.  Losing out on Mccarron means nothing.  Hard to say thats even the case.  Who knows who the Bills are targeting.  If Buffalo wants Rosen he can start week.  Then they may go Derek Anderson or Matt Moore.  Players have changed there mind before.  Who is to say that one of those Qbs isnt signed and they are just going for a visit.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Because Brady likely is only playing one more season. I don't see him as the type of QB that will except a decline in his play. I think trading Jimmy G was a massive mistake that they will rectify with the signing of AJM. 

• Like (+1) 1

McBeane is in a bit of a spot here. They are all in on a rookie solution, but they're not in a good enough spot to ensure they get the guy they want. Banking on Peterman is dicey. The Jets have signed two QB's that can start and Patriots want to take what many believe is the last competent option.

Edited by Green Lightning
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

McBeane is in a bit of a spot here. They are all in on a rookie solution, but they're not in a good enough spot to ensure they get the guy they want. Banking on Peterman is dicey. The Jets have signed two backup QB's and Patriots want to take what many believe is the last competent option.

I posted this in another thread but I think either they already know they are getting the guy they want, based on conversations with their strong connections at the top of the draft, or they are trading for Nick Foles. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Because Brady likely is only playing one more season. I don't see him as the type of QB that will except a decline in his play. I think trading Jimmy G was a massive mistake that they will rectify with the signing of AJM. 

If only that was true

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

There is another possibility, which is that Peterman is the starter and the bridge to the future.  He had one chance, against SD's killer pass rush, and he started OK but his team let him down.  Then he fell apart.  That doesn't mean he's terrible or useless.  We put up with a lot more, a lot worse, from Todd Collins.  Peterman is not the long term answer but he's a viable option if the shiny new rookie struggles.

I think nate is the backup. If the shiny new guy struggles, he struggles. I think Mcbeane is secure enough in his job, and has enough self confidence to ride out the struggles.

12 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Being familiar with E-P helps, but if that's the only qualifier we want then I guess we draft Lamar Jackson as well as that's the offense he ran in college.

There's bigger fish still out there than Hoyer, but he's as good as a last resort guy as any. I just don't like his play on the field.

I get it. 

But there are people here talking about the "potential" of McCarron. WTF cares what he can be? In Buffalo the other QBs are around to watch. I want a tutor, somebody who in TC will show the guy how it's done and ultimately step aside.

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I posted this in another thread but I think either they already know they are getting the guy they want, based on conversations with their strong connections at the top of the draft, or they are trading for Nick Foles. 

I agee with you, but the tradup to 12 makes no sense if they are going with Foles

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think if everything goes wrong in the draft that they will trade pick 22 for Foles. It's looking like AJ McCarron is going to the Patriots and just like in Alabama the Patriots will put talent around him and he will put up offensive numbers. I can see Brady retiring and the Patriots will still have the best QB in the East.

• Haha (+1) 1