RIP Dr. Hawking

Reed83HOF

Such an extraordinary life. Such a stark contrast between one of the best minds among us and a body that failed. I think it's a perfect illustration that it really is one's spirit that matters, not their physical being and I hope Hawking's spirit lives on.

He performed great work, will be missed.

The mention of him caused people in my life to snottily pretend they had a clue what he was talking about, beyond the first 3 pages of a book they read years ago.

It was a great weedout on who to never talk to again...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

He performed great work, will be missed.

The mention of him caused people in my life to snottily pretend they had a clue what he was talking about, beyond the first 3 pages of a book they read years ago.

It was a great weedout on who to never talk to again...

So you refuse to talk to people who know more about physics than you?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Imagine if the greatest minds in history were really like that. Thankfully, Hawking and others like him possessed a learning spirit always willing to be edified. Must have been frustrating at times in a world full of only a few that actually could teach him something about astrophysics, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

unclench and let that broom slip out, might be five feet long, twerp... -_-

all my friends in physics are now working at brokerages as quants, somehow they are better fortunetellers??

people who read 3 pages of that bestseller book and think they are experts are the problem...

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Plus, he was on Big Bang Theory. Who else has appeared on that show?

Leonard Nimoy - Dead

Carrie Fisher - Dead

Adam West - Dead

Who’s next?

edit - Here’s a list

http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guest_Appearances

There is a rumor floating around that some posters who have been assaulted by boyst are circulating a petition to get him on the deadly show, The Big Bang Theory. When the producers auditioned the Carolina farmer he refused to give up wearing his weathered overhauls and **** encrusted cowboy boots for the nerdy outfits that the rest of the cast wore. So he ended up cursing them out and calling them fu****** west coast *****suckers and headed back east to the farm. 

7 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Dr Hawking was a remarkable man with a fascinating mind. As in awe of his genius as I am, I think I'll miss his sense of humour the most.

What mystery do you find most intriguing, and why?

HAWKING: Women. My PA reminds me that although I have a PhD in physics, women should remain a mystery.

:lol:  RIP

Hawking has enjoyed a reputation in recent years that has been inflated relative to his actual contributions to theoretical physics.

I think that will be adjusted down a bit as time goes on.

Still a big loss.  We're all going at some point.  Just a question of when.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

unclench and let that broom slip out, might be five feet long, twerp... -_-

all my friends in physics are now working at brokerages as quants, somehow they are better fortunetellers??

people who read 3 pages of that bestseller book and think they are experts are the problem...

I got no dog in this fight, but if anyone here seems to be tightly clenched it may be yourself.

17 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its now down to DC Tom, boyst, buffalo barbarian, and fergy for title of Smartest Man On Earth.

The trade idea for John Skelton for our starting DE proves buffalo barbarian belongs on a list but not on Smartest Man On Earth.

Skelton is available and well rested; I wonder if BB proposed Bills sign him?

On 3/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, GoBills808 said:

The "challenger tourney" for the FIDE Chess championship (the Candidates Tourney) is currently going on and a few dooshes in my life have the screen with all 4 matches in a simul and are pretending they have a clue what is going on for all 4 games.

strangely it's not the same mindset that would pretend to understand A Brief History of (should be Measured) Time and top chess matches...  (shrug)

obviously Kramnik is holding back for a surprise challenge in a few moves.... (tell me more please...)

17 hours ago, row_33 said:

The "challenger tourney" for the FIDE Chess championship (the Candidates Tourney) is currently going on and a few dooshes in my life have the screen with all 4 matches in a simul and are pretending they have a clue what is going on for all 4 games.

strangely it's not the same mindset that would pretend to understand A Brief History of (should be Measured) Time and top chess matches...  (shrug)

obviously Kramnik is holding back for a surprise challenge in a few moves.... (tell me more please...)

I've been watching the Candidate's Tournament.  I'm no master at chess but I play and enjoy watching the top guys play.

Of course I don't stream it to my TV and try to livetweet it or some ****.