Josh Allen one of the most overrated QB prospects this decade

Yeezus

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen has a bad completion percentage because he's not an accurate passer. 

Every single one of his scouting reports questions his accuracy. Guys with that question mark never work out in the NFL. 

I agree. He shouldn't go in the top 20. I do understand why GMs draft these type of players is what I'm saying. Its the same reason Whaley picked Manuel.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

I agree. He shouldn't go in the top 20. I do understand why GMs draft these type of players is what I'm saying. Its the same reason Whaley picked Manuel.

How can you say that when none of them ever work out?

The only thing you can bank on with these picks is that they get the person who made them fired. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

How can you say that when none of them ever work out?

The only thing you can bank on with these picks is that they get the person who made them fired. 

GMs go for prototypes. I bet nearly every GM has Allen higher than Mayfield. Allen's big, strong, big arm. GM and Coaches believe they can get the player with his size and arm into their program and teach him. They believe he'll grow. They believe he not a finished product.

Edited by CuddyDark

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Mickey said:

Brett Favre College Accuracy: 52.4%, in the Pro's: 62%

Jim Kelly's College Accuracy: 55.6%, in the Pro's: 60.1%

Dan Marino, College: 57.6%, Pro's: 59.4%

Joe Montana, College: 52%, Pro's: 63.2%

Tom Brady, College 61.9%, Pro's: 63.9%

It is possible for a QB to improve his accuracy after college. Whether it be because of coaching, a better system or some other variable, it is possible that Allen's accuracy will improve in the NFL just as other QB's have done. As I have said, I'm not a big fan of the Bills taking Allen because, why get a guy who might improve his accuracy when there are guys who already throw the ball accurately? At the same time though, I trust Mac and the Bean to make the right decision. I may make the best damn pasta fazool in Central NY but I am about as good at evaluating QB's as I am at winning arguments with my two teenage daughters. 

Its amazing what having the best of the best to throw the football to will do for a fella eh Mickey,

thanks for this post because when you see a name like Joe Montana at 52% it just goes to show what a guy like Jerry Rice means to a QB.

10 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

GMs go for prototypes. I bet nearly every GM has Allen higher than Mayfield. Allen's big, strong, big arm. GM and Coaches believe they can get the player with his size and arm into their program and teach him. They believe he'll grow. They believe he not a finished product.

NFL GMs are consistently wrong.  Terrible QBs get drafted in the 1st round every year. 

Just because someone will take Allen in round 1 doesn't mean it's a good decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
55 minutes ago, Figster said:

Its amazing what having the best of the best to throw the football to will do for a fella eh Mickey,

thanks for this post because when you see a name like Joe Montana at 52% it just goes to show what a guy like Jerry Rice means to a QB.

What's amazing is people still think there is a correlation between completion percentage of college QB's who played in the 70's and 80's, and college QB's who play now.  It is seriously like comparing NHL goalies save percentages from the 80's with goalies who are playing now.  It's just a completely different game.

I keep seeing people bringing up Jim Kelly's and others QB's from my childhood  college stats to justify their points.  I think people are looking up more modern QB's college stats and not finding the results they want, so they are going back 35-40 years to find stats to skew the argument.

Also Joe Montana won two Super Bowls without Jerry Rice.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

On 3/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap... are there posters seriously arguing Allen's going to be the best in this draft class?! :lol:

Ummm.... have you watched the NFL lately?

Rookie QBs play and take fire in year 1. The best way for a QB to learn the game is on field experience with the bullets firing. Countless QBs have said this. And NFL rules are so QB friendly nowadays you can easily afford to do so if your team isn't in complete shambles and it's not a "project QB;" like Allen, who should sit if we draft him. 0:)

That's true. Some rookie QBs play in year 1. However, I think if you look carefully, there are no requirements about that anywhere in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

And that's utter nonsense that the best way to learn is on the field. The best way to learn varies. Different guys have different needs. Sitting, learning, re-jiggering his throwing motion and attending his head coach's "quarterback camp" was the best thing that ever happened to Aaron Rodgers. Thinking there's one best solution for everybody is pure idiocy.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's true. Some rookie QBs play in year 1. However, I think if you look carefully, there are no requirements about that anywhere in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

And that's utter nonsense that the best way to learn is on the field. The best way to learn varies. Different guys have different needs. Sitting, learning, re-jiggering his throwing motion and attending his head coach's "quarterback camp" was the best thing that ever happened to Aaron Rodgers. Thinking there's one best solution for everybody is pure idiocy.

Keep on goin with your feigned arrogant objectivity, Thurm :thumbsup:

You must be stalking me, now. Are you secretly hoping the team drafts Allen so we can keep up our relationship? :wub:

On 3/13/2018 at 11:39 PM, Yeezus said:

Can't think of many others that are projected this high in the draft with the skillset he has. 

he is literally being hyped solely based on his physical attributes. Height, weight, big hands. All factors that are virtually irrelevant when it comes to QB's translating into the NFL. 

Yet GM's are putting this guy infront of actual talents like Mayfield, Rosen, and Jackson, guys who have shown they have far more talent than Allen, but lack the physical size. It's a joke. 

Josh Allen has the skill set of a 5th round QB, the fact that he is being compared to Wentz is hysterical. He is one of the most inaccurate QB's in the ENTIRE DRAFT.  I can't even imagine wasting all of our hard work to take a guy who is a glorified JP Loseman. Lets throw away real skills like reading defenses, accuracy, footwork, QB vision. Allen is not good at any of these things, but he has 10 inch hands so let's put the franchise on his back. 

Every year there is always 1 team who gets suckered into these type of QB's, drafts them far too high, and wonders why they are looking for another QB in 2-3 years bc the guy they drafted has thrown more picks than TD's and still can't read an NFL defense. Please don't let the Bills become this team. 

Won't argue that he is over rated, but I think Rosen will be the worst out the of consensus 4, Barely reads defenses, had little pressure on him (not that its his fault) but..., not nifty enough in the pocket.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Keep on goin with your feigned arrogant objectivity, Thurm :thumbsup:

You must be stalking me, now. Are you secretly hoping the team drafts Allen so we can keep up our relationship? :wub:

Still can't argue, hunh? For obvious reasons. You were wrong again here, as you were over and over and over again, almost without exception on Tyrod. Thanks for showing that.

And again, the femmy emos don't do anything for me. You seem to keep throwing your spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks. Trust me, this strategy and the hints about relationships just aren't working here. It strikes me you're on the wrong kind of site. You keep trying to talk about a relationship. Are you perhaps looking for a site with a name something more along the lines of CornFedFootballBoys.com or something similar? I don't have any specific sites to suggest, but google is your friend. Again, I personally am not that kind of guy, though I wish you the best in finding whatever it is you are looking for, I do. For everyone, really. 

Oh, and while I'm not arrogant at all in real life, conversing with people with opinions as dumb as yours have been on Tyrod does indeed bring out the arrogance in me. I'm not proud of that, but honestly it's hard to resist when facing puffball arguments. You were just wrong so often.

I have no problem avoiding arrogance when comparing myself to most people, though. Still, you're right, I should work harder on that. I don't like it in myself.

And might I humbly suggest that a guy who says, just above, "Ummm.... have you watched the NFL lately? Rookie QBs play and take fire in year 1." in a year where one early-round rookie QB, Mahomes played in one game, in Week 17, and another, Trubisky, was only put in after his bridge QB totally fell apart ... might be dealing with some of the same arrogance issues as I am, with wrongness issues on top of that?

In any case, your unwillingness to back up any of the words of your past arguments speaks for itself pretty well. 

Edited by Thurman#1

On 3/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, jrober38 said:

Brett Favre College Accuracy: 52.4%, in the Pro's: 62%

Brett Favre was a perfect storm of talent, recklessness, and confidence.  i don't think we will ever see a quarterback comparable to him. Such a crazy career. I wouldn't cite his numbers for any quarterback argument.

1 hour ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Won't argue that he is over rated, but I think Rosen will be the worst out the of consensus 4, Barely reads defenses, had little pressure on him (not that its his fault) but..., not nifty enough in the pocket. 

You could easily be right in your overall opinon about Rosen.

But "barely reads defenses" just doesn't make sense. Where have you seen that? Got any links?

I do agree about niftiness in the pocket. He moves decently but he's not very athletic. You'd think he'd move better with both his parents being national champion ice dancers. But I don't see him doing any triple lutzes or double axels out there. It's a worry in a guy who's been injured so much. Personally I'd love to get him. Or Mayfield or Darnold for that matter. But I'll trust Beane. He's been terrifically smart so far.

People need to chill the f*** out on Allen.

He played beyond a terrible offensive line and had a lot of receiver's who couldn't catch.

Dude probably has the most potential out of any of the quarterbacks in the entire draft class.

I like Rosen but his injury history can't be discounted. 

Who knows if he would hold up playing in the cold in Buffalo.

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Still can't argue, hunh? For obvious reasons. You were wrong again here, as you were over and over and over again, almost without exception on Tyrod. Thanks for showing that.

And again, the femmy emos don't do anything for me. You seem to keep throwing your spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks. Trust me, this strategy and the hints about relationships just aren't working here. It strikes me you're on the wrong kind of site. You keep trying to talk about a relationship. Are you perhaps looking for a site with a name something more along the lines of CornFedFootballBoys.com or something similar? I don't have any specific sites to suggest, but google is your friend. Again, I personally am not that kind of guy, though I wish you the best in finding whatever it is you are looking for, I do. For everyone, really. 

Oh, and while I'm not arrogant at all in real life, conversing with people with opinions as dumb as yours have been on Tyrod does indeed bring out the arrogance in me. I'm not proud of that, but honestly it's hard to resist when facing puffball arguments. You were just wrong so often.

I have no problem avoiding arrogance when comparing myself to most people, though. Still, you're right, I should work harder on that. I don't like it in myself.

And might I humbly suggest that a guy who says, just above, "Ummm.... have you watched the NFL lately? Rookie QBs play and take fire in year 1." in a year where one early-round rookie QB, Mahomes played in one game, in Week 17, and another, Trubisky, was only put in after his bridge QB totally fell apart ... might be dealing with some of the same arrogance issues as I am, with wrongness issues on top of that?

In any case, your unwillingness to back up any of the words of your past arguments speaks for itself pretty well.

Nah, not can't argue... won't... at least not with you.

See, it's not an unwillingness to back up what I've said, which I could easily do both here as well as in that Tyrod thread that was nearly a month old you shamelessly bumped in such a sad manner. It's a refusal to participate in the inevitable ridiculously circular and narrow-minded arguments you're bound to bring in while presenting it as strong evidence, even when it's refuted time and time again.

Yep, I've been wrong about multiple things on this message board as it relates to Taylor. I'm aware. So have you. Are you aware? Or is your extreme arrogance (glad you could admit that... good for you... it's a step) clouding your judgement here?

Oh, and just to let you know: Tyrod Taylor now plays for the Browns, not the Bills. Why do you keep talking about the Browns QB? Sour grapes?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

14 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

People need to chill the f*** out on Allen.

He played beyond a terrible offensive line and had a lot of receiver's who couldn't catch.

Dude probably has the most potential out of any of the quarterbacks in the entire draft class.

I like Rosen but his injury history can't be discounted. 

Who knows if he would hold up playing in the cold in Buffalo.

Nah. He’s just an inaccurate QB. 

People like yourself need to stop making excuses for him. It’s not his offensive line, or his receivers, or his coaches..

It’s him. He’s just not accurate and that’s the number 1 death sentence for an NFL QB.

I hope the Bills stay far away from Allen. We should all hope the Jets take him. 

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Nah. He’s just an inaccurate QB. 

People like yourself self need to stop making excuses for him. It’s not his offensive line, or his receivers, or his coaches..

It’s him. He’s just not accurate and that’s the number 1 death sentence for an NFL QB.

I hope the Bills stay far away from Allen. We should all hope the Jets take him. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's going to be a superstar.

The superstar potential is why he will go top 10.  He needs to go somewhere that will let him sit a year.