Josh Allen one of the most overrated QB prospects this decade

Yeezus

Holy crap... are there posters seriously arguing Allen's going to be the best in this draft class?! :lol:

54 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nobody should start Rosen or Mayfield either. All of this group would do well to sit and learn for probably a year.

What a QB does in his first year should have little to do with the decision of whether to draft him. You draft a guy based on the kind of career you think he might have.

I'm not an Allen fan, but I figure Beane knows more than me. And I hope that if they pick Rosen or Mayfield, both of whom I like, that they start them on the bench till their heads stop spinning.

Ummm.... have you watched the NFL lately?

Rookie QBs play and take fire in year 1. The best way for a QB to learn the game is on field experience with the bullets firing. Countless QBs have said this. And NFL rules are so QB friendly nowadays you can easily afford to do so if your team isn't in complete shambles and it's not a "project QB;" like Allen, who should sit if we draft him. 0:)

2 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Did you even watch the senior bowl. If you did that’s not what I saw or the scouts saw. you have no idea what your talking about. 

Ya didnt he start off a little slow but ended up doing really good? Didnt watch it myself

Just wait and see what happens in a few years down the road.  Does he have the size? yes. Is he inaccurate? yes. Can he read defenses? Sometimes. Can he get better exponentially? yes.

Could he be a bust? Yeah. 

Too many questions, speculations, and "ifs".  Would I want the bills to take him top 4? No.

My concern with Allen is that he seems to lock on to a single reciever and uses his athleticism to get that one receiver open instead of.gping through progressions. he may become.a very good qb who knows but most likely it will take time and the bills fan base may run him out of town to soon 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's easy to blast Josh Allen for not putting up huge totals but as i stated before in a few other Josh Allen threads, some might look at his totals as a miracle that he was even able to produce those numbers with the talentless team he had around him, someone will need to check for sure but I read in an article about Allen that he will not have 1 offensive teammate drafted, not 1, no OL/TE or WR. again someone will have to check for sure but if that's the case he was pretty darn good. You could see flashes of greatness at the Senior Bowl with throwing to guys who actually know how to catch the football, he made several very accurate "NFL" types of throws.

Last year a running back and center were drafted from his team.  Carson Wentz only had 2 tackles drafted from his team's in his entire college career and Wentz completion percentage was way better.  The big thing with Josh Allen is accuracy rarely improves and the next level and he has accuracy issues.

7 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Can't think of many others that are projected this high in the draft with the skillset he has. 

he is literally being hyped solely based on his physical attributes. Height, weight, big hands. All factors that are virtually irrelevant when it comes to QB's translating into the NFL. 

Yet GM's are putting this guy infront of actual talents like Mayfield, Rosen, and Jackson, guys who have shown they have far more talent than Allen, but lack the physical size. It's a joke. 

Josh Allen has the skill set of a 5th round QB, the fact that he is being compared to Wentz is hysterical. He is one of the most inaccurate QB's in the ENTIRE DRAFT.  I can't even imagine wasting all of our hard work to take a guy who is a glorified JP Loseman. Lets throw away real skills like reading defenses, accuracy, footwork, QB vision. Allen is not good at any of these things, but he has 10 inch hands so let's put the franchise on his back. 

Every year there is always 1 team who gets suckered into these type of QB's, drafts them far too high, and wonders why they are looking for another QB in 2-3 years bc the guy they drafted has thrown more picks than TD's and still can't read an NFL defense. Please don't let the Bills become this team. 

Much better then Mayfield by a country mile,  Mayfield is bust to happen

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

If we draft him I'll want him to succeed, but this great QB threw a whopping ZERO TD's against Power 5 teams last year.  Mike White will be a better NFL QB.  

To be fair, that’s the same number that Josh Rosen had against top 30 defenses this year and nobody seems upset about the idea of drafting him. Allen has plenty of holes in his game right now, but the deck was also stacked so far against him in those games. Nobody could reasonably expect him to produce.

And he also had at least one easy TD against Iowa that was dropped, not that 1 TD is much better. But I guess it’s easier to be dramatic since his WR couldn’t catch it and he therefore ended up with 0.

Edit: for what it’s worth, I have Allen rated as my #3 QB prospect in this draft, but I personally don’t like the idea of trading up for him. While I think the potential reward is worthy of a top 10 pick, I wouldn’t feel good trading so many assets to take such a risky prospect there. I think it’s going to be him or Darnold in Buffalo though. 

Edited by DCOrange

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

you do know that Jim Kelly career completion percentage for his entire career is 60.1, he’s in the Hall of Fame. This kid has John Elway arm and mobility. Did you even watch the video I posted. 

...and Jimbo's college % was even worse, 55.6. Not a big fan of taking Allen at all because I am prone to mini-seizures whenever I see a Bills QB throw a pass 10 yards over the head of a wide open receiver. I just can't risk going through that again, however, Allen's arm is insane and he threw threw ball way better than any of the others at the combine. If we do take him, I won't be a happy but I'll trust the Mac and the Bean and roll with it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Yeezus said:

yup. did you see him at the senior bowl? He looked like the event was too big for him.

but he can throw bombs in shorts, thats what we should look at. this board has become delusional. 

GM's should only concentrate on QB's from major colleges that throw bombs in games.  You know, to wide open receivers streaking down the sideline with no defender in sight.  That happens all the time in the NFL.  

7 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

well you nay sayers better get ready because he will be the next Bills qb 

I’m all in on Allen. Seriously. Let’s go for it. He has no oversized ego. He does not get into trouble. He seems like a leader. He is smart. He is not injury prone. He has the strength to slice footballs through the howling winds. He does not look like a surfer, bird or leprechaun. He will not run at the first sight of panic.  His accuracy will improve as his footwork and supporting cast  improves. At least he is not afraid to take risks, and he is not the game manager type, like Tyrod, Edwards, free agent qbs, etc... Enough of that horse bleep.. That stuff is for losers.

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Your joking right Mr.check down please that’s like comparing Jim Kelly to Doug flute. Mr Allen has most air yards completions of any QB in this draft. it’s not even close. 

how is that important? the stat, I mean. Not to get on you here, or anything.

I'm a big Mason Rudolph guy. I watched a Waldman flick about him questioning his "internal processing film" - and it got me to questioning. NFL QB isn't about the 70 yard bomb. You throw that pass twice, MAYBE, three times a game. It's deciding and delivering quickly the 20-25 yard pass, which happens 25 to 30 times a game. 

It's like the 40 yard. The single two most important times are the 10 yard and 20 yard splits. Football isn't played by long distances.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

You are wrong. that’s not correct at all 

Not that you need me to confirm this, but I am with you on this.  I distinctly recall Sirius NFL Radio covering the senior bowl practices and raving about his strength, anticipation and ball placement....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000911418/Top-5-D-J-Chark-plays-Reese-s-Senior-Bowl

8 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

In 2016, Yeezus (the OP) stated this same thing about Wentz and Goff lol.  Said the bills would be a joke to move up and take either of them and neither are worth a top 5 pick.  A solid quote "The bills do not need to be trading their future to pick top 3 in this draft. NO QB in this draft is worth a top 5 pick. They are all projects and hyped up b/c the QB class is mediocre at best. There is no Winston or Mariota in this draft." and 

See: 

It seems you do this every year haha

So you’re saying we can expect a couple more of these gems?

8 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yes.

I wouldn’t touch him before the 3rd.

Unfortunately WB’s are now drafted like 1 and done college basketball players... based on potential rather than what they’ve already accomplished...

8 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

I will only be good with 3 QBs in this draft at this point, Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold because they are home run, slam dunk Franchise QBs and we have everything we need to go get one.

Allen and Lamar Jackson are in a different category of tremendous, generational talent upside players but their floors are out of the league in 5 years(or a WR for another team). And of the two i would prefer Lamar Jackson

In beane I trust

I’m glad you aren’t the Bills talent evaluator.... I certainly don’t want another 6’0” QB... I would be happy with Rosen or Allen... Darnold doesn’t pass the eye test to me... lots of turnovers, poor ball security and his elongated throwing motion is the worst I have seen from a consensus top 10 pick in forever

9 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Can't think of many others that are projected this high in the draft with the skillset he has. 

he is literally being hyped solely based on his physical attributes. Height, weight, big hands. All factors that are virtually irrelevant when it comes to QB's translating into the NFL. 

Yet GM's are putting this guy infront of actual talents like Mayfield, Rosen, and Jackson, guys who have shown they have far more talent than Allen, but lack the physical size. It's a joke. 

Josh Allen has the skill set of a 5th round QB, the fact that he is being compared to Wentz is hysterical. He is one of the most inaccurate QB's in the ENTIRE DRAFT.  I can't even imagine wasting all of our hard work to take a guy who is a glorified JP Loseman. Lets throw away real skills like reading defenses, accuracy, footwork, QB vision. Allen is not good at any of these things, but he has 10 inch hands so let's put the franchise on his back. 

Every year there is always 1 team who gets suckered into these type of QB's, drafts them far too high, and wonders why they are looking for another QB in 2-3 years bc the guy they drafted has thrown more picks than TD's and still can't read an NFL defense. Please don't let the Bills become this team. 

Stop . . . there is a reason those people work in the NFL and we don't.

• Like (+1) 1