Name me a bridge QB that actually helped a rookie

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So your definition of a bridge QB is any QB who has a backup.

That's !@#$ing brilliant.

Only if he was a rookie w that particular vet qb. Bridge qb to rookie qb ratio cannot be greater than 1:1. 

On the the other hand the rookie qb to bridge qb can Indeed be greater than 1:1.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

Fine attempt at twisting words, horrible attempt and actually reading and comprehending the English language... it’s undesrandable as it’s your second language, but I urge you to put in some extra study time...

Okay, Gringo.  Here are your words:  "anytime you have a vet holding the drivers seat for a rookie that has been drafted to be the starter, that’s a bridge."

You're halfway on the way to being correct.

If the vet holding the driver's seat WAS ACQUIRED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ALLOWING THE ROOKIE/HEIR-APPARENT TO BECOME NFL READY ... then - and only then - is a bridge.

Is that "undesrandable" enough for you?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Only if he was a rookie w that particular vet qb. Bridge qb to rookie qb ratio cannot be greater than 1:1. 

On the the other hand the rookie qb to bridge qb can Indeed be greater than 1:1.

AJ McCarron is technically a rookie.  So we could have a rookie bridge to another rookie.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Okay, Gringo.  Here are your words:  "anytime you have a vet holding the drivers seat for a rookie that has been drafted to be the starter, that’s a bridge."

You're halfway on the way to being correct.

If the vet holding the driver's seat WAS ACQUIRED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ALLOWING THE ROOKIE/HEIR-APPARENT TO BECOME NFL READY ... then - and only then - is a bridge.

Is that "undesrandable" enough for you?

Your opinion of what a bridge QB is defined as has been noted.... twice now... we all value your opinion, tonto...

Just now, CountryCletus said:

Your opinion of what a bridge QB is defined as has been noted.... twice now... we all value your opinion, tonto...

How!

Can you disagree with my definition?

Edited by Gugny

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Who cares what the definition is of a bridge QB? The end result is the same. Sit the rookie on the bench until the game slows down. How you want to describe that or define that, I don't care. As long as we don't feed our franchise QB to the wolves, I'm cool with whatever you want to call it.

I might agree with you if I know how you defined it.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Who cares what the definition is of a bridge QB? The end result is the same. Sit the rookie on the bench until the game slows down. How you want to describe that or define that, I don't care. As long as we don't feed our franchise QB to the wolves, I'm cool with whatever you want to call it.

I want to feed the QB to the wolves. Sink or swim baby. Better than taking a loss with someone's backup QB

14 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Keenum to Goff

Goff looked terrible in year 1. His biggest help was quality coaching and improved WRs at his disposal. 

Did you know that they would break huddle as quick as possible so that McVay could help diagnose the defense, or modify the play call, until the headset would cut out with 15 seconds left on the playclock? 

17 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I find the narrative overused. Bridge QBs don't see themselves as bridges, they want the start and the contract, and have no interest in getting benched.

Name me a situation where a bridge QB successfully passed the torch to a young QB.

Favre and Rodgers certainly don't count. Use that relationship as your baseline.

They aren't there to pass the torch... They're there to GET torched... Beating out a veteran QB is the first step in knowing your rookie is legit...

Matt Flynn helped Russell Wilson.... Tony Romo helped the sh_t out of Dak Prescott... These types of bridges you DO burn. 

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1