Trade up and keep #22?

Would you trade up to pick #3 and give up the following to keep pick #22? 

Picks #12, #53, #56 and #65 = #3 overall

We would still have #3, #22, #96, #121, #166 and #187, so basically no 2nd rounders. I am not sure Indy would do it, because I think they want that #22 (we still could trade down because that is a hot spot for trading back). We could grab a killer LB and still maybe land another starter in rounds 3-4.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 7.26.23 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I would rather use next year's picks in some way so that we retain a 2nd this year, but, yes, I've been thinking that this may be Beane's plan...trying to keep 22 while moving up.

I think teams are going to want next year's first over 22 this year.  They are going to bank on the Bills being worse next year.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes I would do it.  I would also do the opposite and give #12, #22 and #65 and keep our 2nds.  Just go get our QB is all that matters.  

I agree with this.

I would also trade Next years first, #22, #53 and #65. That way we keep this years#12

1 hour ago, Zebrastripes said:

I think teams are going to want next year's first over 22 this year.  They are going to bank on the Bills being worse next year.

This is exactly why I posted this. If we kept Glen past June 1st he would have fetched a 1st rounder to replace our pick. I am betting we have a top 12 next year along with everyone else. I would still do it because of the cash we have for FA next year. Is a #1 next year equal to a #2 this year?

7 hours ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Would you trade up to pick #3 and give up the following to keep pick #22? 

Picks #12, #53, #56 and #65 = #3 overall

We would still have #3, #22, #96, #121, #166 and #187, so basically no 2nd rounders. I am not sure Indy would do it, because I think they want that #22 (we still could trade down because that is a hot spot for trading back). We could grab a killer LB and still maybe land another starter in rounds 3-4.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 7.26.23 PM.png

If I'm the Colts and that's your offer, I just hang up the phone, you have to do way better than that.  The points chart is one thing but the tax for moving up for a QB means you better go 20-25% above.

Strangely Bills fans seem to think that other teams are suppose to give away the pick. 

I'd personally much rather give away 12 and 22 this year than 12 and a 1st next year, as that pick is likely to be much higher than 22 is this year.  I doubt the Bills will make the playoffs on a 2nd place schedule and a ton of new starters, potentially a rookie at QB or at best a journeyman. 

2 hours ago, KRT88 said:

If I'm the Colts and that's your offer, I just hang up the phone, you have to do way better than that.  The points chart is one thing but the tax for moving up for a QB means you better go 20-25% above.

Strangely Bills fans seem to think that other teams are suppose to give away the pick. 

I'd personally much rather give away 12 and 22 this year than 12 and a 1st next year, as that pick is likely to be much higher than 22 is this year.  I doubt the Bills will make the playoffs on a 2nd place schedule and a ton of new starters, potentially a rookie at QB or at best a journeyman. 

Agreed. I believe this will be more likely. Having an SEC Alabama guy and two very good options at MLB available in that slot I am still hopeful we can stay.