Josh Rosen's intermediate & vertical game

It's a good 9 minute watch...Enjoy

My greatest source of joy with Rosen is his intermediate and vertical accuracy. It’s a beautiful and consistent process.

To add some perspective to Rosen’s prowess, there are a lot of NFL quarterbacks who lack Rosen’s consistent range and accuracy in the vertical game. When you hear about quarterbacks who can throw the ball 60-70 yards, it’s best to consider the range of distance they can consistently deliver pinpoint throws.

The most common range for NFL quarterbacks is 40-50 yards.

Rosen’s is a tier above.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2018/01/30/matt-waldmans-rsp-boiler-room-qb-josh-rosens-ucla-vertical-game/

• Like (+1) 3

Good stuff. I'm a Rosen lover because to me he is clearly the best quarterback prospect. He is one of the best I have seen in a few years. I don't understand why it is even a debate. The concussions I get, but I think it is obvious he is better than the other guys. I am hoping a praying that he is the guy we get. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

My greatest source of joy with Rosen is his intermediate and vertical accuracy. It’s a beautiful and consistent process.

To add some perspective to Rosen’s prowess, there are a lot of NFL quarterbacks who lack Rosen’s consistent range and accuracy in the vertical game. When you hear about quarterbacks who can throw the ball 60-70 yards, it’s best to consider the range of distance they can consistently deliver pinpoint throws.

Rosen’s is a tier above.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2018/01/30/matt-waldmans-rsp-boiler-room-qb-josh-rosens-ucla-vertical-game/

I have watched this, Waldman is always worth listening too.

Thee are so many talking heads spinning nonsense about the draft and particularly the QB's.

I find it worthwhile to cut through the nonsense  and seek out the opinions of those who are actually experienced at doing  film study of QB's.

It seems like those that actually study film- prefer Josh Rosen overwhelmingly.

This includes Waldman, Josh Norris and the God father of film study himself Greg Cosell.

Edited by Bag of Milk
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good stuff. I'm a Rosen lover because to me he is clearly the best quarterback prospect. He is one of the best I have seen in a few years. I don't understand why it is even a debate. The concussions I get, but I think it is obvious he is better than the other guys. I am hoping a praying that he is the guy we get. 

For me it is the commitment to the game. Not putting in the work every week with tape, the weight room, working with receivers, and the playbook. But wether he wants to be in the league still in 6 years. I feel like the guy could retire in. Relatively short order and at the peak of his career. 

Just now, Mango said:

For me it is the commitment to the game. Not putting in the work every week with tape, the weight room, working with receivers, and the playbook. But wether he wants to be in the league still in 6 years. I feel like the guy could retire in. Relatively short order and at the peak of his career. 

He's from a very wealthy family.  He doesn't have to play at all.  Too much nitpicking. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's from a very wealthy family.  He doesn't have to play at all.  Too much nitpicking. 

Agreed!

This is where I am at. Why would he play football and put his life at risk when he could be doing anything else? He clearly loves the game and has a passion for it, otherwise he wouldn't do it. 

Some guys play for the paycheck, their only chance to make it out. He plays because he loves it. 

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

He wants to be the best so he can spin that into a successful post football business career. He won't accomplish his goals if he quits. Nobody is going into business with a wishy washy quitter. His reputation means more to him than that.

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

I actually tend to think that he's a very driven individual. Mayfield's competitive instincts are more visible/demonstrative but I suspect that Rosen too is a determined, result oriented, hard bitten guy. They are just different personalities. I very much doubt that we will see a lazy, uncommitted player. Somebody else started a stupid thread about his being a jew, but I do think that this personal identification is possibly a powerful motivational driver. I think he wants to be the first jewish QB to win a superbowl, to be the Sandy Koufax of football and successor to Sid Luckman.. Hope we can reel him in.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1

He's a competitor. He's fearless in the pocket. Bill Laimbeer of the Detroit Pistons came from a wealthy family and was one of the most hard working blue collar tough guy players in the history of the game. There is nothing to believe that he doesn't have the fire in his belly.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It’s really not much of a debate. Rosen has been the leader in the clubhouse since the college season started. Not much has changed. It’s all a matter of degrees, anyway. But what separates him is very important at the next level: ball placement. I like Darnold and Mayfield, too, but they aren’t as polished yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's a competitor. He's fearless in the pocket. Bill Laimbeer of the Detroit Pistons came from a wealthy family and was one of the most hard working blue collar tough guy players in the history of the game. There is nothing to believe that he doesn't have the fire in his belly.

There might be an even bigger fire in his belly because of his family's wealth...

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Rosen’s is a tier above.

Wow, that was eye-opening. I thought he was weak at long throws. But Waldman is a consistently excellent analyst and that was a good video.

Thanks, OP.

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He wants to be the best so he can spin that into a successful post football business career. He won't accomplish his goals if he quits. Nobody is going into business with a wishy washy quitter. His reputation means more to him than that.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

Nobody asked you. His hero is Troy Aikman. Would Troy Aikman be who he is if he played on some bad Cowboys teams and then quit before they won anything?