Jump to content
ndirish1978

Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

Recommended Posts

Earlier today I hated the idea of McCarron. Now I seriously wish the Bills would sign him already. 

 

Getting a a little antsy over here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No respect for the peanut allergy? 

 

Be patient, get him cheap. Funny how he was thought to be hot stuff, then not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Does one have to eat crow when acquiring a career back up with minimal starting experience? Now if he goes 3800/30-7 I'll chow down feathers and all.

You’re just not part of the inner EATING CROW circle.

 

It’s like the No Homers club. You’re Homer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Front office executives and pro personnel staff don't agree.

I could care less, the proof for me is when he puts up better numbers as a starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Earlier today I hated the idea of McCarron. Now I seriously wish the Bills would sign him already. 

 

Getting a a little antsy over here. 

I’ve seen your basement. I’m sure you have plenty of antsy traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I could care less, the proof for me is when he puts up better numbers as a starter.

 

Gonna be hard to prove when no team wants him as a starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ve seen your basement. I’m sure you have plenty of antsy traps.

No, I think what you meant to call my basement was a pantys trap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Gonna be hard to prove when no team wants him as a starter. 

 

I think we'd let him compete for that job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Earlier today I hated the idea of McCarron. Now I seriously wish the Bills would sign him already. 

 

Getting a a little antsy over here. 

Me too, but it’s a little unfair. Beane has already exceeded my expectations by a dick load

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ndirish1978 said:

 

I think we'd let him compete for that job.

 

Sure, but even if he won the competition you know he'd be just a seat warmer if/when a top 5 rookie QB is drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Me too, but it’s a little unfair. Beane has already exceeded my expectations by a dick load

Can’t disagree, but still, Peterman and Joe Webb. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Sure, but even if he won the competition you know he'd be just a seat warmer if/when a top 5 rookie QB is drafted.

 

It's just about establishing yourself as a starter. Drew Brees had that problem, we could argue it worked out for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this guy go from almost being traded for a 2nd and 3rd to zero interest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ndirish1978 said:

 

It's just about establishing yourself as a starter. Drew Brees had that problem, we could argue it worked out for him.

 

You see Brees potential in him?  I certainly don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zevo said:

How does this guy go from almost being traded for a 2nd and 3rd to zero interest

The Browns. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

The Browns. 

 

Daaaaa Browns

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

You see Brees potential in him?  I certainly don't. 

 

Nope. I'm just saying that has to be his mindset and that would be my pitch to him if I were trying to get him to sign here. 

Edited by ndirish1978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Front office executives and pro personnel staff don't agree.

What :rolleyes:do they know... Lol

Beane is the only good GM in the NFL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d take him. Guy was a winner in college, has had a few years to watch and learn and looked good filling in for Dalton, albeit very limited capacity. Saban loves him and I am sure he gave Daboll the real story on McCarron. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

 

At the very least, by signing a younger QB you're protecting yourself a bit should the draft pick not work out. If they both pan out we get some draft capital for McCarron.

I agree 100%

 

Pats turn QB's into gold so why not us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Perk71 said:

What :rolleyes:do they know... Lol

Beane is the only good GM in the NFL 

 

I'd like to see him come to the Bills considering the other options out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

I'd like to see him come to the Bills considering the other options out there. 

Me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

I'd like to see him come to the Bills considering the other options out there. 

 

Agreed, but I think it would be a decent signing. Granted it's the best one available, but I still think this holds up on its own. The Browns were willing to trade a 2nd rd pick for the guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Augie said:

No respect for the peanut allergy? 

 

Be patient, get him cheap. Funny how he was thought to be hot stuff, then not so much. 

Once we traded Tyrod to the Browns his market went to shhhh.....yeah, it turned brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not sitting around waiting for someone to call.  He's weighing his options and will likely sign soon.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...