Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

47 minutes ago, Figster said:

Any team other then the Pats I would agree with you 

Playing under BB with Brady close to retirement is a very good option for your career as a pro QB.

How close are either of them to retirement? Again Brady says he wants to play five more years at least.   That would likely be longer than the contract at Mccarron would be signing. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

How close are either of them to retirement? Again Brady says he wants to play five more years at least.   That would likely be longer than the contract at Mccarron would be signing. 

Yeah.   Only way a QB signs with the Patriots is if the guy wants to be a backup and likes being a backup.    It is the absolute worst spot to showcase your talents.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So he says,

At his age though he is one serious injury away from retirement in my humble opinion.

Tom's been lucky...

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hey, he's got another year of NCAA eligibility right?  Maybe night school and another "NCAA Championship"...

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Yeah.   Only way a QB signs with the Patriots is if the guy wants to be a backup and likes being a backup.    It is the absolute worst spot to showcase your talents.

Yep. If he signs with them, it says that he’s content to just be a backup quarterback in the league. Unless he knows/they told him something that nobody else knows.

Just now, joesixpack said:

6. tops. probably like a 3.5 without makeup and hair done.

Yeah.  But she is mature which means she has the skills, experience and attitude. 

If you can see her wrinkles that means you aren't pulling her hair hard enough.   Hyah.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s not based on him beating him LSU twice.  It’s not based on him playing at Alabama and making championship games,  it’s not based on him being awesome in Cincinnati (because he wasn’t).  It’s based on my eyes.  The same as you,  He makes questionable decisions.  Has issues throwing the deep out,  I don’t think his arm is suitable for Buffalo.  He’s just the epitome of Meh imo.  

Again, I don’t think he stinks.  I think he’s a good backup,   I wouldn’t want to pay a backup qb 10+ mill a year.  A one year prove it deal if the only thing that makes sense to me.  I wouldn’t want to tie up any money beyond 2018 with him,

Such bull ****.... You don’t like him, that’s fine.  

He played pretty well when Dalton went down for a guy seeing action for the first time. His arm did not look like a problem to me. In his 4 starts he threw 1 pick, that’s TERRIBLE..Had 2 wins and would of had a third if Burflict didn’t !@#$ them. Pretty sure they lost to Denver in OT also. 

For a team that plays solid defense, McCarron just might be what the doctor ordered.... Don’t we play solid D?

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

at the end of the day, what does it say about Cleveland?

They were willing to trade - what? a second and a third? - for McCarron, who now nobody wants. Then they traded a third for a QB we CLEARLY didn't want.

Cleveland has a new Offensive Coordinator

14 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Such bull ****.... You don’t like him, that’s fine.  

He played pretty well when Dalton went down for a guy seeing action for the first time. His arm did not look like a problem to me. In his 4 starts he threw 1 pick, that’s TERRIBLE..Had 2 wins and would of had a third if Burflict didn’t !@#$ them. Pretty sure they lost to Denver in OT also. 

For a team that plays solid defense, McCarron just might be what the doctor ordered.... Don’t we play solid D?

Just what we need for what?  To win 8 games?  I’m tired of mediocrity.  You can be ok with it,  that’s your prerogative.  Maybe we can hit lightning in a bottle like keenum and foles last year.  Maybe. Probably not.  McCarron doesn’t need solid D to be a champion.  He needs an elite D like the Vikings, Eagles or jags.  If we sign him, it’s not to be our QB of the future,  if that was the case, we’d have already signed him.  He’s a bridge that no other team has signed.  Meanwhile we have 40 year old QBs getting 10 mill a year.  Glennon being signed.  Teddy hasn’t played in 2 years,  he’s signed.  Bradford is consistently broken.  He got 20 a year,  McCarron.......he’s been offered the backup job in NE.

Are there a lot of Bama fans here?  

Edit http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16810/year/2015

btw, he had 4 reg season starts and had 2 ints,, not one.  Then he started in the playoffs and had another.   His ypp in the playoff game was 5. I’m not saying that that means anything, but don’t make stats up to try and make a point, 

Edited by NewEra

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just what we need for what?  To win 8 games?  I’m tired of mediocrity.  You can be ok with it,  that’s your prerogative.  Maybe we can hit lightning in a bottle like keenum and foles last year.  Maybe. Probably not.  McCarron doesn’t need solid D to be a champion.  He needs an elite D like the Vikings, Eagles or jags.  If we sign him, it’s not to be our QB of the future,  if that was the case, we’d have already signed him.  He’s a bridge that no other team has signed.  Meanwhile we have 40 year old QBs getting 10 mill a year.  Glennon being signed.  Teddy hasn’t played in 2 years,  he’s signed.  Bradford is consistently broken.  He got 20 a year,  McCarron.......he’s been offered the backup job in NE.

Not really a Bama fan but I did bet on them a lot back then. Your basically watching his college tape and the playoff game vs the Steelers to break down his game. I easily see a upgrade to Taylor, I think our best situation is to sign AJM and draft Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s a risk, I get it. But he played solid for a guy in his second season getting his action for the first time.... Part of the reason he hasn’t been considered is because of the risk when so many guys have proved more and have more gametime experience.  That can’t be knock on how he played, just teams wanting to be safe. At this point to we have the option of playing it safe? Peterman is the only QB on our roster. 

The Pats have the best QB in the league,  I doubt they’d offer him a starting contract. Brady could retire any year despite wanting to play for 3 or 4 more.  They also have a quality backup locked in for 3 years, why even show interest in McCarron?   No since speculating on why they are interested in McCarron. All I know is the Pats have proven they are great evaluators of talent. 

Edited by BananaB

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Edit http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16810/year/2015

btw, he had 4 reg season starts and had 2 ints,, not one.  Then he started in the playoffs and had another.   His ypp in the playoff game was 5. I’m not saying that that means anything, but don’t make stats up to try and make a point, 

I am a huge Crimson Tide fan. I am not saying that AJ is great, but he is a winner, and a good player to have on the team. We are not talking about EJ Manuel here.

Make no mistake, there are qbs in this draft that I would love to select as well, but McCarron (imo) is WAY better than you think.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am a huge Crimson Tide fan. I am not saying that AJ is great, but he is a winner, and a good player to have on the team. We are not talking about EJ Manuel here.

Make no mistake, there are qbs in this draft that I would love to select as well, but McCarron (imo) is WAY better than you think.

And he’s ready to start, which may not be the case with any rookie we draft.