Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

If the Bills want him and McCarron doesn't want to just be a backup, he'll be a Bill. 

Any team other then the Pats I would agree with you 

Playing under BB with Brady close to retirement is a very good option for your career as a pro QB.

24 minutes ago, billykay said:

When did he EVER stink?

I said “I think he stinks”.  

There were a plethora of teams that needed a QB going into free agency.  Not one of them signed McCarron.  A qb that hadn’t played in 2 years was signed before him.  Some teams signed TWO QBs.....and he wasn’t one of them.  Maybe he’s looking for too much money or maybe he’s looking for too much money for a qb named AJ McCarron.  We’ll never know until he gets a shot at being a starting qb.  I just don’t think he’s fery good.  I’ll take him on a Mccown 1yr 10 mill deal.  If it’s more than that, I’d rather wo with Nate Pete.

if Josh Allen is the guy we want to draft, McCarron makes sense, but I still wouldn’t want to pay him for more than a year,  Allen isn’t nearly ready imo, so he’s likely our best option (other than trading for Foles) as the other QB options are gone.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Seems like the greatest coach of all time disagrees with you. 

He’s one of the best backups.....which is what he’d be in NE.  Now, if the Pats were offering McCarron 12mill+ a year, then come back to me and we can really discuss how much Belichick likes him.  Beli is looking for a backup.  A.J. makes sense.  We’re looking for a possible starter at this point.  At his likely current price point,  I don’t think he’s worth it.  

Ill even take my, AJ stinks comment back and rephrase it.  If we sign AJ McCarron, we will have one of the worst starting QBs in the league.  He’s doesnt stink.  He stinks at being a starting QB.  For his sake, I hope he’s improved.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

....  AJ McCarron ... doesnt stink.  He stinks at being a starting QB. 

How can you honestly definitively say this? None of us have the least possible notion if he stinks as a starting QB. 

Did you think about that post before you made it? The last time he sustained as a starting QB he was winning, like, three straight national championship games against some of the fiercest defenses college football has seen. Didn't he beat ... LSU a couple of times? 

I can't claim to know the guy well. But I know what I don't know.

15 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I approve of this humor, take a "like"

I'm sorry Syracuse made the Dance over Notre Dame ndirish1978. They were genuinely robbed, especially with their best player coming back in time for the tourney.

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s one of the best backups.....which is what he’d be in NE.  Now, if the Pats were offering McCarron 12mill+ a year, then come back to me and we can really discuss how much Belichick likes him.  Beli is looking for a backup.  A.J. makes sense.  We’re looking for a possible starter at this point.  At his likely current price point,  I don’t think he’s worth it.  

Ill even take my, AJ stinks comment back and rephrase it.  If we sign AJ McCarron, we will have one of the worst starting QBs in the league.  He’s doesnt stink.  He stinks at being a starting QB.  For his sake, I hope he’s improved.  

Its false pats are not going for mccarron

And mccarron is not as bad as you say

11 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

How can you honestly definitively say this? None of us have the least possible notion if he stinks as a starting QB. 

Did you think about that post before you made it? The last time he sustained as a starting QB he was winning, like, three straight national championship games against some of the fiercest defenses college football has seen. Didn't he beat ... LSU a couple of times? 

JUST MY OPINION. JUST MY OPINION,  JUST MY OPINION.  

are we clear?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Food for thought:

IF...and remember I say IF...the Bills sign AJ, do you think it would impact their draft plans this year?  

I am not saying it will or should...but I am wondering if it would make them more comfortable staying at 12 and 22 and seeing if a QB they also like falls to them, and if not, take someone like Vita or Roquan instead.  Then if they didnt take a QB at 12, maybe look for a Lamar/Mason at 22, or even again pass and take a WR, DT, or LB (depending on what they took at 12) and look for a QB in 2nd or 3rd to compete behind AJ.  

Keep in mind, I want the stud QB at the top of this draft, so not advocating for this.  But, AJ was being viewed by some as a young promising QB, so wondering if the Bills would like him enough to the point it affects their draft plan, or if they would still keep trying to move up for a stud QB (thats what I would want) even with AJ on the roster.  

Trying to look at it objectively - and I would say No.

I think they already know what they intend to do in regards to the draft.   The only thing that will impact that is if their guy is drafted before the Bills get a chance to draft him where they intend to draft him at.    I think AJ plays zero into it.

27 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

You mean Tim Tebow?

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

We understand it's an opinion but opinions normally are based on something. 

It’s not based on him beating him LSU twice.  It’s not based on him playing at Alabama and making championship games,  it’s not based on him being awesome in Cincinnati (because he wasn’t).  It’s based on my eyes.  The same as you,  He makes questionable decisions.  Has issues throwing the deep out,  I don’t think his arm is suitable for Buffalo.  He’s just the epitome of Meh imo.  

Again, I don’t think he stinks.  I think he’s a good backup,   I wouldn’t want to pay a backup qb 10+ mill a year.  A one year prove it deal if the only thing that makes sense to me.  I wouldn’t want to tie up any money beyond 2018 with him,

15 hours ago, dubs said:

It’s very impressive what Beane has done. 

I hope we can sign McCarron to a 3 year deal for low end starter/high end backup money. Play him in ‘18 and Darnold (or whomever we draft) in ‘19. 

AJ gets a chance to start for a year. He plays great, super tradeable asset. If not, he’s a capable backup. 

this would be fantastic!!