Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I disagree, 

4 years in the league may not mean much to you , but McD on the other hand understands how this business works If you want good chemistry between veteran players and rookies who don't know squat about playing in the NFL in my humble opinion.

with all due respect sir

I'm not disagreeing that he may be a nice vet for the rookie to talk to, but in 4 games,  Mccarron has accumulated 3 more starts than the rookie the Bills have yet to draft.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not disagreeing that he may be a nice vet for the rookie to talk to, but in 4 games,  Mccarron has accumulated 3 more starts than the rookie the Bills have yet to draft.

Without 5 years in the league do you honestly think Tyrod Taylor comes into Buffalo, earns the start over higher round draft picks I might add, then holds it for 3 seasons?

I don't think its happening...

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Without 5 years in the league do you honestly think Tyrod Taylor comes into Buffalo, earns the start over higher round draft picks I might add, then holds it for 3 seasons?

I don't think its happening...

TT beat out an awful EJ Manuel.  It didn't take 5 years of experience to do that.  If the Bills had found TT in a basket at the doorstep of St. Anthony's of Padua, he still would have beat out EJ.

Look at Matt Moore--signed by Seattle for 25 million as the starter.  Never made it past the second preseason game.  Wilson beat him out. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

TT beat out an awful EJ Manuel.  It didn't take 5 years of experience to do that.  If the Bills had found TT in a basket at the doorstep of St. Anthony's of Padua, he still would have beat out EJ.

Look at Matt Moore--signed by Seattle for 25 million as the starter.  Never made it past the second preseason game.  Wilson beat him out. 

Not intending to quibble. But I think you meant Matt Flynn. 

I think this idea is all but dead right now.  

Something is seriously brewing based on reputable sources hinting something big is coming.  Its either a trade for Luck or trade up for one of the first 4 picks IMO to get the franchise QB.  

In either scenario, I dont see AJ playing into plans of the Bills.  Sal even reporting signing a free agent QB was never in the Bills plans.  So its either a big trade for someone like Luck (and I don't think Foles is really someone they are targeting) or a trade up into the top 3 is the plan.  Then they can add a guy like Moore or Anderson as the vet presence to the rookie for cheap.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Something is seriously brewing based on reputable sources hinting something big is coming.  Its either a trade for Luck or trade up for one of the first 4 picks IMO to get the franchise QB.  

In either scenario, I dont see AJ playing into plans of the Bills.  Sal even reporting signing a free agent QB was never in the Bills plans.  So its either a big trade for someone like Luck (and I don't think Foles is really someone they are targeting) or a trade up into the top 3 is the plan.  Then they can add a guy like Moore or Anderson as the vet presence to the rookie for cheap.  

There is NO trade for Luck. This entire concept has been fabricated from the wet dreams of posters on this board

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

There is NO trade for Luck. This entire concept has been fabricated from the wet dreams of posters on this board

I didnt say there was...I said its one or the other...and Luck rumors have been around longer than that dudes tweet.  

What I said is that AJ is not in the plans...I think its dead.  And thats based on Sal reporting the Bills had no interest in the FA QB's.  Assuming Sal is right, then that ONLY leaves TWO options to get a QB...draft and Trade.  We wont sign AJ if we get a QB in the top of this draft, we likely sign a guy like Anderson or Moore if we do that.  And we wont be signing AJ if we trade for one either.

So the point is, I dont think AJ is coming here IMO.  Its all in on the draft and a cheap FA vet, or we are going big in a trade for a current QB.

And of course, I believe we are trading up to #2 or #3 for our QB

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt say there was...I said its one or the other...and Luck rumors have been around longer than that dudes tweet.  

What I said is that AJ is not in the plans...I think its dead.  And thats based on Sal reporting the Bills had no interest in the FA QB's.  Assuming Sal is right, then that ONLY leaves TWO options to get a QB...draft and Trade.  We wont sign AJ if we get a QB in the top of this draft, we likely sign a guy like Anderson or Moore if we do that.  And we wont be singing AJ if we trade for one either.

So the point is, I dont think AJ is coming here IMO.  Its all in on the draft and a cheap FA vet, or we are going big in a trade for a current QB.

And of course, I believe we are trading up to #2 or #3 for our QB

Agreed. I wasn't calling you out for repeating it, just poopooing that idea. 

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't  know when it will be announced, but it seems like it would be a trade up (to #2 or #3,  I believe #2).  The trade for Luck doesn't make sense to me. If his shoulder is good, why trade him, and if it's not good, why trade for him?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I don't  know when it will be announced, but it seems like it would be a trade up (to #2 or #3,  I believe #2).  The trade for Luck doesn't make sense to me. If his shoulder is good, why trade him, and if it's not good, why trade for him?

I agree, I think the trade is top 5 pick for us to get our guy.  But as far as your question about Luck as why would they trade him... I would actually trade him if I was the Colts personally.  

Lets assume the shoulder is good...why should Colts do it?

1. Big contract, and even with his shoulder being "good" he has durability concerns overall and his style of play will always make this a worry.
  2. That roster sucks...bad.  They have a brand new regime, and could recapture a bunch of cap room and then use the #3 pick in the draft to get their QB.
  3. They could hypothetically trade for both Bills first rounders, might even get a 2nd and/or a 3rd too.  Then take your QB #3, add another great prospect at 12 (like a WR, Vita, Roquan, etc) and another need player at 22 plus still have rest of draft to keep building a roster.

NOTE:  If I was Colts, I would be trying to pursuade Cleveland to make the trade with me rather than the Bills, but the Bills would be my 2nd choice.  Getting #1 and #4 would give them 3 of the top 4 picks.  In which I would draft the QB I want, Barkley and Chubb.  If I had to choose between Luck and his big cap hit or say Darnold/Rosen and Barkley and Chubb...I take the 3 guys all day long.  

If I am a new head coach, that looks to me as a very attractive forward looking path compared to being anchored to a QB with a questionable shoulder, long term injury concerns, a massive contract, and a tendency to turn the ball over.  

This is also why I would prefer the Bills PASS and just go up to #3 (or anywhere in the top 5 really) to get a great QB prospect of their own.  Admittedly, Luck would be exciting, but its an expensive high risk play.  

Bam, I was wrong about thinking this wasn't going to happen anymore.  After Sal said Bills weren't interested much in FA QB's I just figured the plan is get in the top 5 and sign a cheap vet like Moore or Anderson.

I like this signing a lot though compared to signing a retread vet.  Got upside.  HOWEVER...I still want us to get a QB in the draft, so hope this doesn't keep them from doing that.  Its just such a good draft.

Then if AJ turns out to be good, we have a valuable trade chip in him or the rookie.  

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

Now hopefully the peanuts part is true as well. Just adds icing to the cake.

Mmmm cake

Contract details aren't out, so the peanuts part is looking decent. Agents usually leak that when the offer is good.