Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we pay this guy, I pray it’s only for one season.  I think he stinks. Might be better than Peterman. Might not.  Save the cash

Honestly, I think they are very close. Similar size and measurables. Both have big hands etc. Both run about as fast as Preston Brown. McCarron is probably what Peterman is in 4 years. I suppose the difference is that McCarron is developed. 

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Honestly, I think they are very close. Similar size and measurables. Both have big hands etc. Both run about as fast as Preston Brown. McCarron is probably what Peterman is in 4 years. I suppose the difference is that McCarron is developed. 

McCarron throws with more velocity, which is the knock on Peterman.

If you like smart, athletic QB's I agree, they are similiar in many ways.

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is no secret what the strategy is for this organization. They are going to maneuver up to get one of the premium qb prospects. The deal with the Bengals was a clear sign what their intentions are. The Bills are doing what the Eagles did when they traded up to get Wentz. The Eagles worked their way up the ladder from a lower spot and then were in a better position to make a deal with the Browns. I see the Colts at the three spot as the targeted team. If AJ is signed he has value both as a placeholder for the high cost rookie qb and if in the short-term he is relegated as a backup that is still an important role.  

This is just my impression but I get the sense that the Bills want to get a deal done before the draft so that they will have their position locked in and assured that they are going to get one of the qbs in the top group. So even if the Browns and the Giants use their first pick for a qb the qb well won't be dry when we go to the podium. 

I dont disagree with you at all, and hope we are going to keep moving up to get our guy.  But I also didnt expect us to sign AJ (which we still haven't, but its looking like a real possibility) who has potential compared to a retread Vet.  

But what is more interesting is that Denver signed Keenum, and now may not be taking a QB at 5.  Plus AZ signed two QB's in Bradford and Glennon, I doubt they will be trying to trade ahead of us anymore.   That only leaves Jets and Cleveland as sure fire QB picks ahead of us.  If Beane signed AJ, he might feel like 2 or 3 of the top 5 guys might all be on the board still at 12 and could be willing to wait to see how it all plays out before making any more trades.  He could wait til draft day and just do a short trade up to like 9 or 10 to get ahead of the Dolphins if guys like Baker, Lamar, and Allen are still on the board.  

All speculation as Bills clearly still haven't signed AJ...but just curious to what they think of AJ and if him and the moves Denver and AZ made today cool his trade up jets.  I hope not, but its an interesting scenario.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

There has been zero talk about mccarron to Bills as far as I’ve seen.

I think we are in for a couple of surprises tomorrow. I recall last year hearing all about Patrick DiMarco and rumors about Stephen Hauschka in the tampering window. Then suddenly when free agency officially opened we had signed Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont disagree with you at all, and hope we are going to keep moving up to get our guy.  But I also didnt expect us to sign AJ (which we still haven't, but its looking like a real possibility) who has potential compared to a retread Vet.  

But what is more interesting is that Denver signed Keenum, and now may not be taking a QB at 5.  Plus AZ signed two QB's in Bradford and Glennon, I doubt they will be trying to trade ahead of us anymore.   That only leaves Jets and Cleveland as sure fire QB picks ahead of us.  If Beane signed AJ, he might feel like 2 or 3 of the top 5 guys might all be on the board still.  So maybe he waits til draft day and just does a short trade up to like 9 or 10 to get ahead of the Dolphins if guys like Baker, Lamar, and Allen are still on the board.  

All speculation as Bills clearly still haven't signed AJ...but just curious to what they think of AJ and if him and the moves Denver and AZ made today cool his trade up jets.  I hope not, but its an interesting scenario.

What is telling is that so far AJ hasn't drawn much interest from the market. I still believe that he would be a solid pickup for us regardless what qb we draft. I think it is a mistake to  assume that just because Arizona and Denver made market qb pickups that they won't still draft a qb. I'm now not even sure if the Jets are going to take a qb with their first pick because they signed McCown and Bridgewater. 

My feeling is that the Bills have to take an aggressive approach to get their preferred qb. It would be a mistake to wait and then lose out. Your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what the Bills actually qb ranking is in this class. If Allen is added to the top tier grouping as many analysts believe then maybe staying at the 12 spot might be a reasonable approach to take. Jeremiah on the NFL Network had us moving up to the Colts's three spot and taking Allen. Options laid on top of options. 

I can see McCarron to Bills.  Although personally I don't see any FA QB worth their salt coming to Buffalo when everyone knows they are going all in to draft their QB of the future.

And I don't see whoever that is sitting on the bench for a year or more.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What is telling is that so far AJ hasn't drawn much interest from the market. I still believe that he would be a solid pickup for us regardless what qb we draft. I think it is a mistake to  assume that just because Arizona and Denver made market qb pickups that they won't still draft a qb. I'm now not even sure if the Jets are going to take a qb with their first pick because they signed McCown and Bridgewater. 

My feeling is that the Bills have to take an aggressive approach to get their preferred qb. It would be a mistake to wait and then lose out. Your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what the Bills actually qb ranking is in this class. If Allen is added to the top tier grouping as many analysts believe then maybe staying at the 12 spot might be a reasonable approach to take. Jeremiah on the NFL Network had us moving up to the Colts's three spot and taking Allen. Options laid on top of options. 

Again, totally agree with you

One thing for sure, this has been an exciting offseason and this draft can go so many directions right now and it seems to shift daily right now.  Not sure if you saw the crazy huge trade brewing rumor thread, but who knows might be something we know tomorrow.  Its from some dumb twitter feeds, so likely BS...but they are saying some interesting things in the comments that at least make me curious about tomorrow lol.  Again, probably total nonsense as most rumors are, but hey, its at least made me curious

5aa89d0969f80_ScreenShot2018-03-13at8_38_49PM.thumb.png.47076bff1cf86a04237b214d164bbcc2.png

3 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

I can see McCarron to Bills.  Although personally I don't see any FA QB worth their salt coming to Buffalo when everyone knows they are going all in to draft their QB of the future.

And I don't see whoever that is sitting on the bench for a year or more.

For that reason McCarron could play the waiting game and pass on Buffalo trying to low ball him.

So this is a tricky sell for the Buffalo Bills in my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, Figster said:

For that reason McCarron could play the waiting game and pass on Buffalo trying to low ball him.

So this is a tricky sell for the Buffalo Bills in my humble opinion.

I think it is easy to sell him on the idea that he will have a shot to compete for the starting job this year. He isn't going to get that opportunity anywhere else at this point. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is easy to sell him on the idea that he will have a shot to compete for the starting job this year. He isn't going to get that opportunity anywhere else at this point. 

I'm hoping so

because the kid could take hold of his starting role for this New Era Bills football team and never look back.

thats how good I think A J is...

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

McCown and Bridgewater on one year deals. No long term answer for the Jets at QB. They'll be drafting a QB in April. 

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But what is more interesting is that Denver signed Keenum, and now may not be taking a QB at 5.  Plus AZ signed two QB's in Bradford and Glennon, I doubt they will be trying to trade ahead of us anymore.   That only leaves Jets and Cleveland as sure fire QB picks ahead of us.  If Beane signed AJ, he might feel like 2 or 3 of the top 5 guys might all be on the board still at 12 and could be willing to wait to see how it all plays out before making any more trades.  He could wait til draft day and just do a short trade up to like 9 or 10 to get ahead of the Dolphins if guys like Baker, Lamar, and Allen are still on the board.  

The Jets supposedly signed Bridgewater and McCown and still have Petty from last year’s draft.  I would think they signed Teddy to see how he does as a starter with McCown as backup plan. If they were going to draft one early, I think they would’ve just signed McCown.