Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Food for thought:

IF...and remember I say IF...the Bills sign AJ, do you think it would impact their draft plans this year?  

I am not saying it will or should...but I am wondering if it would make them more comfortable staying at 12 and 22 and seeing if a QB they also like falls to them, and if not, take someone like Vita or Roquan instead.  Then if they didnt take a QB at 12, maybe look for a Lamar/Mason at 22, or even again pass and take a WR, DT, or LB (depending on what they took at 12) and look for a QB in 2nd or 3rd to compete behind AJ.  

Keep in mind, I want the stud QB at the top of this draft, so not advocating for this.  But, AJ was being viewed by some as a young promising QB, so wondering if the Bills would like him enough to the point it affects their draft plan, or if they would still keep trying to move up for a stud QB (thats what I would want) even with AJ on the roster.  

You’ll probably get flamed for this, but I have thought about this possibility.  I could see a scenario where we land McCarron and then load up on BPA talent in the draft.  Interesting...

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m curious to know who’s EATING CROW if this happens.

I will!

I liked the dude a lot that 1st rex yr... but didn't get why he never challanged red rocket and a McCaron led Bills team just turned to faded dreams. 

Now I just don't know why you'd put him and a rookie in the same room when both feel they shld start. Had we not started moving up he wlda been my vote for the gamble just bc of the unknown.

But I didn't/dont think he'd ever be down for the stopgap bridge thing. 

I guess if that's his only option it is what it is.

IF that's the case trying to become the next Pats backup as a spring board might be his best move.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You’ll probably get flamed for this, but I have thought about this possibility.  I could see a scenario where we land McCarron and then load up on BPA talent in the draft.  Interesting...

Ha, yeah I can see the flames coming despite repeatedly saying its not what I am directly proposing.  But its a legit question, and one that would be foolish to dismiss if we actually sign him.  

2 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

Tebow was released by the Mets today.  No commitments at this moment... Lol

;)

Are you sure?  I thought they just sent him back to his minor league club's spring camp was all. He was only a guest at the MLB spring camp and never expected to make that team.  Cut?  

21 minutes ago, sleeby said:

She's hot but that's just way too much damned hair!  He must be constantly pulling that out of his clothes and his car and his pillow and his drains.  Then there's the waiting on her while she grooms it.  Cripes.

Seems like a good problem to have. 

10 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Are you sure?  I thought they just sent him back to his minor league club's spring camp was all. He was only a guest at the MLB spring camp and never expected to make that team.  Cut?  

My bad. You are correct. I read an earlier report wrong. Obviously... Lol

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Food for thought:

IF...and remember I say IF...the Bills sign AJ, do you think it would impact their draft plans this year?  

I am not saying it will or should...but I am wondering if it would make them more comfortable staying at 12 and 22 and seeing if a QB they also like falls to them, and if not, take someone like Vita or Roquan instead.  Then if they didnt take a QB at 12, maybe look for a Lamar/Mason at 22, or even again pass and take a WR, DT, or LB (depending on what they took at 12) and look for a QB in 2nd or 3rd to compete behind AJ.  

Keep in mind, I want the stud QB at the top of this draft, so not advocating for this.  But, AJ was being viewed by some as a young promising QB, so wondering if the Bills would like him enough to the point it affects their draft plan, or if they would still keep trying to move up for a stud QB (thats what I would want) even with AJ on the roster.  

There is no secret what the strategy is for this organization. They are going to maneuver up to get one of the premium qb prospects. The deal with the Bengals was a clear sign what their intentions are. The Bills are doing what the Eagles did when they traded up to get Wentz. The Eagles worked their way up the ladder from a lower spot and then were in a better position to make a deal with the Browns. I see the Colts at the three spot as the targeted team. If AJ is signed he has value both as a placeholder for the high cost rookie qb and if in the short-term he is relegated as a backup that is still an important role.  

This is just my impression but I get the sense that the Bills want to get a deal done before the draft so that they will have their position locked in and assured that they are going to get one of the qbs in the top group. So even if the Browns and the Giants use their first pick for a qb the qb well won't be dry when we go to the podium. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we pay this guy, I pray it’s only for one season.  I think he stinks. Might be better than Peterman. Might not.  Save the cash

just curious how you think he stinks? an nfl career with so little to base any real judgement on, I don't see how one can claim he stinks?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

just curious how you think he stinks? an nfl career with so little to base any real judgement on, I don't see how one can claim he stinks?

I have eyes.  So do the rest of the GMs.  Who’s still available?  You have your answer