Ross Tucker Says We're Likely Signing McCarron

Would he would sign with us over the Patriots. Hard to say... He should start for us and get another 6 games before he holds a clip board. However, if Brady goes down, then he is on his way to the playoffs. Throw in another $500K to his wife, so she can sell Bills calendars!

I am interested in the Star 2018 salary to see what we have left to sign AJ and the next camp fodder. 

26 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

She already looks disappointed. I like that in a woman.

Yeah, she looks disappointed that she married a guy that has already made more than most here will make in a lifetime.  I could handle that kind of disappointment if I were her.  

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Yeah, she looks disappointed that she married a guy that has already made more than most here will make in a lifetime.  I could handle that kind of disappointment if I were her.  

Feel free to bag yourself a quarterback. Nothing wrong with a little man-on-man action ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

I'll bet my entire tax refund it's going to be McCarron.

I'll bet you against mine except I never give a free loan to government.  Government just gives the free loans to banks.

8 minutes ago, vincec said:

Peterman.

Peterman left?  When!!B-)

I don’t buy the Pats interest. He’s trying to creat buzz where there isn’t any. 

If I know our fan base Its probably working but I doubt the Pats have any real interest. 

Pats idea of peanuts with Tom Brady as their current starter is far different than the Bills idea of peanuts with Nate Peterman as your current starter. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I already know this, I've watched a lot of his games and made some good money betting on him. I still think he is a better QB than Cousins.

Andy Dalton's backup is not even close to Kirk Cousins. I never understood the fascination with him.

Hmmm...Rookie (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield), McCarron (if we get him over Pats), and Peterman. And then let them battle it out.

Seems like a boom or bust strategy. Either none of them prove to be the guy (ouch) or one, two, or all three develop and look good---then you have your franchise guy and possible trade bait.

I'm not against it, especially if McBeane feels good about the rook and McCarron...but there is definitely an element of risk to it. Kind of seems like the "keep throwing darts" strategy that some have posted about here on TBD. And at this point I'd rather they go down swinging than settling for a "bridge" QB. At some point, one of those bridges has to lead somewhere, or he's just your average to bad QB.

1 minute ago, folz said:

Hmmm...Rookie (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield), McCarron (if we get him over Pats), and Peterman. And then let them battle it out.

Seems like a boom or bust strategy. Either none of them prove to be the guy (ouch) or one, two, or all three develop and look good---then you have your franchise guy and possible trade bait.

I'm not against it, especially if McBeane feels good about the rook and McCarron...but there is definitely an element of risk to it. Kind of seems like the "keep throwing darts" strategy that some have posted about here on TBD. And at this point I'd rather they go down swinging than settling for a "bridge" QB. At some point, one of those bridges has to lead somewhere, or he's just your average to bad QB.

At the very least, by signing a younger QB you're protecting yourself a bit should the draft pick not work out. If they both pan out we get some draft capital for McCarron.