Mason Rudolph...Big, accurate, mobile.strong

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

What makes Joe DiBiase an expert?

No idea who he is, I just found it amusing. I, too, am glad we don't have to think too much about Rudolph with the recent trade up. I just do not see an NFL qb at all when I watch him. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Bustersit said:

Why is this guy not ranked higher on the mock drafts?  I don't watch a ton of college football but his numbers are sick.  My high level "you tube scouting" that I do everytime this year, tells me nothing.  BUT seriously the dude looks amazing.  Passer rating, TDs, pick ratio and his hair is sweet too.

What is his knock or downfall?  Help me understand

I was just wondering the same thing.  This article also suggests that his knowledge, skills and abilities are on par with other QBs in the "top QB" discussion:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-rankings-accuracy-arm-strength-and-everything-to-know-about-qbs/

It sounds like you guys are saying that he wouldn't be rated so well if he was playing in a different type of offense?  Why wouldn't these skills translate to the NFL?

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, LeGOATski said:

He's kind of an EJ, but a little more accurate, with a little less arm strength, I think.

If he can learn the pro game, he could be very good. He'll need to get better at handling pressure.

Whoa, he can play cornerback too?  :D

On 3/14/2018 at 1:48 AM, Turk71 said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mason-rudolph-1.html

He has good size and good football smarts. I like how he has gotten better every year as well. Hilarious how many 'experts' around here just write off a guy who had one the best college careers ever. I guess when you are so used to good qb play it makes you cynical.

He is nothing special. Extremely ordinary. Read his and Nate Peterman’s draft profile on NFL.com and you will see that Nate got a slightly higher pre draft grade. They are the same level of prospects and we are looking for something special, not Bryce Petty. 

On 3/13/2018 at 6:28 PM, Bustersit said:

Why is this guy not ranked higher on the mock drafts?  I don't watch a ton of college football but his numbers are sick.  My high level "you tube scouting" that I do everytime this year, tells me nothing.  BUT seriously the dude looks amazing.  Passer rating, TDs, pick ratio and his hair is sweet too.

Short and intermediate routes, no experience under center, average arm. 

On 3/13/2018 at 6:28 PM, Bustersit said:

You expect anyone to take your post seriously, when you end it with...

"...and his hair is sweet too."

This is why newbies shouldn't be allowed to start new threads until after a fixed amount of time(after joining), or after a number of posts .

On 3/14/2018 at 2:06 AM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

You know who else had one of the greatest college careers ever? Timmy Chang. Google it...

Colt Brennan man! That's the guy right there. Actually more talented than Rudolph honestly. 

On 3/15/2018 at 8:05 PM, nikuman said:

I was just wondering the same thing.  This article also suggests that his knowledge, skills and abilities are on par with other QBs in the "top QB" discussion:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-rankings-accuracy-arm-strength-and-everything-to-know-about-qbs/

It sounds like you guys are saying that he wouldn't be rated so well if he was playing in a different type of offense?  Why wouldn't these skills translate to the NFL?

Chris Trapasso articles hold no weight in this argument. He clearly shares an agent with Rudolph or maybe he's his godfather or something. His articles are completely subjective (great for a journalist btw) because his love for Rudolph has made him blind to reality. 

i have been listening to the radio all day and all the hosts say that there's no way we went up 9 spots without the intention of going to the top. trading cordy glen put us up 9 spots you dumbasses...nothing more ,nothing less. it was not stroke of genius or intent to go to no. 2.

so here we are with no. 12. it's the perfect spot to let the draft come to us without giving up a single pick...which we haven't sacrificed not one yet.

they are not going to do anything til draft night. they may have a possible trade with the browns for no.4 and i think they do depending on how things shake out. for instance let's say....

1.darnold

2. rosen

3. mayfield

if this happens why would we trade up and give up picks? if the giants are going to take rosen, they ain't trading. that drops barkley in the browns lap so there goes that move..so why would we trade up for allen if he may fall?  what if denver takes him at 5?

we very well may be stuck with 12, but that's a great spot to be for r. smith or vita vea. and...if these qbs come off like this right off the bat, you can bet other teams are going to scramble to move up, so sitting at 12, we may need to take rudolph there. i believe form here on out, the bills are going to let things play out.

Edited by billsredneck1

Nope.  Allen and Jackson if you want to take a chance on high ceiling, low floor types.  Rudolph at 12 is ridiculous.  I don't like him much at all, but if you take him in the first round, you better be taking Roquon Smith at 12 and wait till 22 for your third round level qb.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Nope.  Allen and Jackson if you want to take a chance on high ceiling, low floor types.  Rudolph at 12 is ridiculous.  I don't like him much at all, but if you take him in the first round, you better be taking Roquon Smith at 12 and wait till 22 for your third round level qb.

22 would be ideal, but if it turns into a feeding frenzy there may be no choice. i could see allen here as we have a.j. signed for 2 yrs. which is what i think it will take jethro to fit in. i think rudolph is a derek carr pick.

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

22 would be ideal, but if it turns into a feeding frenzy there may be no choice. i could see allen here as we have a.j. signed for 2 yrs. which is what i think it will take jethro to fit in. i think rudolph is a derek carr pick.

I honestly don't see how, with our draft capital, we get shut out.  If there is a run on qb, you can trade up to 7 and grab the fourth qb on your board, which I doubt is Rudolph.  You like him more, so the rationale is less problematic for you.  That's fine, of course.  Maybe he is better than I think, but I will not be amused.

28 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i have been listening to the radio all day and all the hosts say that there's no way we went up 9 spots without the intention of going to the top. trading cordy glen put us up 9 spots you dumbasses...nothing more ,nothing less. it was not stroke of genius or intent to go to no. 2.

so here we are with no. 12. it's the perfect spot to let the draft come to us without giving up a single pick...which we haven't sacrificed not one yet.

they are not going to do anything til draft night. they may have a possible trade with the browns for no.4 and i think they do depending on how things shake out. for instance let's say....

1.darnold

2. rosen

3. mayfield

if this happens why would we trade up and give up picks? if the giants are going to take rosen, they ain't trading. that drops barkley in the browns lap so there goes that move..so why would we trade up for allen if he may fall?  what if denver takes him at 5?

we very well may be stuck with 12, but that's a great spot to be for r. smith or vita vea. and...if these qbs come off like this right off the bat, you can bet other teams are going to scramble to move up, so sitting at 12, we may need to take rudolph there. i believe form here on out, the bills are going to let things play out.

Accumulating a ton of trade assets, getting scared off the price tag, selling mediocrity which is happily sucked up by a large portion of the fanbase who just wants a reason to get drunk and break tables.  Yep, that sounds like the last 20 years of Bills football.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think I'm getting on the Rudolph train.  Watch him in this game versus Iowa State.  He looks pretty freaking great to me against a pretty good defense.  He moves around in the pocket very well, doesn't panic when the defense brings the blitz, extends plays and his ball placement looks great to me.  I plan on watching the Virginia Tech game this week.  They had the 21st ranked pass defense in college this year and he lit them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMn7lLfN4d4

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12