Mason Rudolph...Big, accurate, mobile.strong

On 14/03/2018 at 5:48 AM, Turk71 said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mason-rudolph-1.html

He has good size and good football smarts. I like how he has gotten better every year as well. Hilarious how many 'experts' around here just write off a guy who had one the best college careers ever. I guess when you are so used to good qb play it makes you cynical.

Either that or we've seen so much bad QB play, we know exactly what it is when we see it ;)

51 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Accumulating a ton of trade assets, getting scared off the price tag, selling mediocrity which is happily sucked up by a large portion of the fanbase who just wants a reason to get drunk and break tables.  Yep, that sounds like the last 20 years of Bills football.

my point was that if it goes darnold/rosen/mayfield and allen goes to denver at 5....where do we find a trade partner for one of these? no.4...not if barkley is there. imo opinion, next guy up is rudolph and he has just as much of a chance at being the best in the class as the rest. the fact is we may be stuck at 12.

8 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Either that or we've seen so much bad QB play, we know exactly what it is when we see it ;)

Not really sold on any of these guys. Good prospects but no sure thing. No way I bet the farm on any of them. Just think its funny how you experts can state unequivocably who will suck and who will be great. 

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Not really sold on any of these guys. Good prospects but no sure thing. No way I bet the farm on any of them. Just think its funny how you experts can state unequivocably who will suck and who will be great. 

I'm pretty much with you on that one - the response was as much  to do with the excessive helpings of irony being dished out by yourself. ;)

And I  would never consider myself an expert.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/13/2018 at 6:32 PM, Kmart128 said:

He is a scheme QB... A lot like Bryce Petty was. I do like Rudolph better than Petty. But he is rated where he is for similar reasons.

Please explain what that means.  I see it repeatedly and when I watch his game cut ups, I see many intermediate and deep throws and throws with some anticipation.  He definitely did not pad his passing stats with a lot of short passes.

I remember when Aaron Rodgers was downgraded because nobody had ever succeeded from a Jeff Telford offense.

24 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

my point was that if it goes darnold/rosen/mayfield and allen goes to denver at 5....where do we find a trade partner for one of these? no.4...not if barkley is there. imo opinion, next guy up is rudolph and he has just as much of a chance at being the best in the class as the rest. the fact is we may be stuck at 12.

And my point is saying "oh well, we got locked out, let's overdraft the 6th best QB" is classic Bills.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, simool said:

Mason Rudolph fraud.

Maybe we could arrange to exclusively play big 12 defenses next season.  Then we can draft Mayfield and Rudolph.

Super Bowl!

Again, wasn’t Baker Mayfield and Oklahoma in the same conference?  Has anyone ever thought the PAC-10 (Darnold and Rosen) was full of even decent defenses?

This is not a paid political ad for Rudolph, but I truly don’t see why so many are so down on him.

5 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I'm pretty much with you on that one - the response was as much  to do with the excessive helpings of irony being dished out by yourself. ;)

And I  would never consider myself an expert.

That's good.:)

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I honestly don't see how, with our draft capital, we get shut out.  If there is a run on qb, you can trade up to 7 and grab the fourth qb on your board, which I doubt is Rudolph.  You like him more, so the rationale is less problematic for you.  That's fine, of course.  Maybe he is better than I think, but I will not be amused.

I think Denver at 5 might nix that plan.

54 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How much is “a little more”? 

How is he anything like EJ?